You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kevin D

When did you think we had won the title  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• City at home(3-1) there were one, even two decisions that went our away - Nov 9
    • Palace away - Nov 22
    • Everton at home - December 4th
    • Leicester away- December 26th
    • Manchester United at home - January 19th
    • Norwich away - February 15th
    • Palace at home - June 24th
    • None - I still think this is an elaborate ruse
    • Other(please state)

So many ways to answer that : mathematicaly, psychologically, emotionally, socially ect .

There were key games, even key moments like Milner peno vs Leicester home or Bobby’s goal at Palace.

The key games were obviously : Villa away, City home, Leicester away, United home.

It has to be Leicester away for me, we’re so dominant, so brillant, so sexy, we killed the league because some started to say “Should we loose this game blabla”.

And, besides, I was on vacations the day after !

54 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Leicester - December 26th was when I knew it would be our year. 

The win against united though was when I actually felt it.

Hmmmm. Nah. Run it past me one more time? 

10 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I was on vacations the day after !

You were on what? 

And for the record, for me it was the end of the season. Before that, I just thought something horrible is going to happen. Something unimaginable.

After we lifted the trophy, all I could think was "thank FUCK for that." 

We had games where we laid down a marker, such as beating City at home convincingly, or thrashing Leicester away right after returning from Qatar. We had games where we got the job done despite not playing well, like Watford at home just before jetting out to Qatar. We had games where poor decisions against us didn't stop us from getting all the points, like Villa away.

I'm going to pick Man Utd at home though. The fans were feeling it that day, and they sang it loud and proud that this really was going to be our year. Not just in hope but in expectation. We were just so superior in every aspect, we looked like we were playing a completely different sport.

The reason I'm picking it though is because winning that game meant we had beaten every other side in the league, and it was still only mid-January. Our only dropped points had been in the away fixture between the sides. We were completely running away with the league, not locked in a to-and-fro title battle. Leicester's pre-Christmas purple patch aside, none of the other sides had even managed to string together a winning sequence that suggested they could threaten a challenge. There was lots of talk about City going on a second-half-of-the-season surge like the year before, but they were a much more flaky bunch than the year before, and their manager was fast turning into a conspiracy-spouting loon to rival the orange bellend across the pond.

So yeah, the Mancs at home is the one for me.

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

The Wolves game, coming as it did immediately after the sexy-football demolition of Rodgers The Pretender, showing that we could handle having to do it in a different way just 72 hours later.

That’s a good point.

41 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

The day we beat the Mancs. Hearing the whole stadium sing "we're gona win the league" is something that will live with me for a long time. Now you're gona believe us you fucking cunts. After the years of ridicule, from their fans, having them in the stadium was a special moment. Karma is a bitch!

This was it for me, salah scoring and the reaction of the fans and players really showed we wouldn’t let it go now. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Villa away. A complete refusal to not walk away with the three points. It was all a countdown after that. 

This. There were other games that reinforced the view for me such as city at home and leicester away. Funnily enough, I never saw the united game at Anfield as signalling anything more than taking 3 points of them.

1 hour ago, rb14 said:

Hmmmm. Nah. Run it past me one more time? 

After the Leicester one I knew it was happening, or very very strongly believed at the least. 

After the Manc one is when it hit me, and I fully felt the actual emotion of oh shit its actually happening. 

24 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Mancs at home when Mo scored the second. I knew it was ours then. Must have replayed it 20 times just to hear the crowd reaction when it went in. Everyone in the stadium knew it as well.

It was such a perfect communal moment; everybody had been secretly thinking we'd win it, but refusing to sing that song for fear of jinxing it.

Mo's goal put us beyond jinxing.

• Upvote 1

Less about us, more about City. We won the title when they lost at home to United on 7 December. From our perspective we more or less performed as we did the season before - that is to say, superbly. That fixture was the one that confirmed City were a shadow of their former selves, and they being a shadow is why we won so convincingly. If they had maintained their level it would have been a tighter race.

27 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Mancs at home when Mo scored the second. I knew it was ours then. Must have replayed it 20 times just to hear the crowd reaction when it went in. Everyone in the stadium knew it as well.

I actually missed that one, Declan.

I stopped watching any of our games with them in 2015, which has made me cheerier, although this sounds like it was  exhilarating.

I thought Milner's penalty at Leicester was all she wrote. We bossed it, but missed so many chances it felt like a flukey Vardy dive-penalty was imminent, so to get that second goal was when I thought it was done and dusted.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

After the Leicester one I knew it was happening, or very very strongly believed at the least. 

After the Manc one is when it hit me, and I fully felt the actual emotion of oh shit its actually happening. 

Hmmmmm. Nah. Run it past me one more time...?*

*It's OK, I'm winding you up (a bit).