You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius or Adrian?

Code

Who will be our number two?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our number two this season.

• Karius
    • Adrian

On 10/09/2020 at 23:39, dockers_strike said:

At the end of the day, is what Adrian did against Atleti much different to Karius against Real?

That's the wrong question.

The real question is "who is most likely to recover from dogshit performances to become a competent benchwarmer?"

It's Adrian. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/09/2020 at 22:31, Aventus said:

I can do that too

Spectacular to think that Liverpool had/have a keeper who needs a two part video to show all his gaffs and cock-ups. There hasn't been a host for 'It Will Be Alright On The Night" since Dennis Norden passed away. Loris Karius, a new career awaits.

3 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Spectacular to think that Liverpool had/have a keeper who needs a two part video to show all his gaffs and cock-ups. There hasn't been a host for 'It Will Be Alright On The Night" since Dennis Norden passed away. Loris Karius, a new career awaits.

I’ve just watched those. Jeez I forgot how bad he was.  

22 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

3.2m year until June 2022.

Screams with incoherent rage.

And there I was thinking this is his last year. I'd just give him a 2 season loan somewhere as long as his wages were picked up and they can't send him back. He cost us very little, we got a bit of a loan fee previously, let's just cut our losses. 

On 10/09/2020 at 23:39, dockers_strike said:

I think we all know Jurgen threw Karius into the team far too early. Yes, Mig was always likely to drop a bollock but he was in form when Jurgen ditched him and made Karius his first choice. The lad just looked overawed most of the time to me.

At the end of the day, is what Adrian did against Atleti much different to Karius against Real? It's pretty clear, I think, that Karius doesnt have a career at Anfield unless a miracle or disaster happens, take you pick!

There were 3 key differences. The obvious one being it happened in a final.

The second being that the first goal was a mistake that’s utterly inexplicable. Not a crap save or a bad pass, an absolutely and utterly unacceptable mistake.

The third, and most relevant for me, is that the mistakes were by someone selected as first choice goalkeeper, vs someone deputising first the best keeper in the world.

in an ideal world we’d have a better backup than Adrian, but if we don’t, well I’m ok with it.

in no circumstances should our backup keeper be karius and I don’t see why we haven’t just released him, honestly.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Who would take him?

Loads of clubs. The only reason besiktas haven't was they couldn't afford him, they even struggled to pay his wages at times. I'm not saying a club in this country will want him as he'll get relentless abuse, but I think outside of here he'd do ok. He makes blunders, but plenty do. De gea and kepa both made his level of mistakes last season, they were just lucky enough they weren't in cl finals.