You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

12 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Neil Jones saying that he's suffered a serious hamstring injury and has probably played his last game for the club.

you have got to wonder how he managed to do his hamstring in such style. Jones is effectively saying he is done for 3 months at a minimum. Like what the fuck, has he ruptured it? He barely broke into a stride. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

you have got to wonder how he managed to do his hamstring in such style. Jones is effectively saying he is done for 3 months at a minimum. Like what the fuck, has he ruptured it? He barely broke into a stride. 

Yeah he doesn't seem fast enough to rupture his hamstring. 

He is done as a professional footballer. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Megadrive Man said:

Yeah he doesn't seem fast enough to rupture his hamstring. 

He is done as a professional footballer. 

makes you wonder if he doesn't have a hamstring injury, they just don't want to say it's the injury he had before as he's out of contract and it might stop him getting a deal elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Bayern aren't half mugging us off with midfielders at the moment.

I like the Gravy Boat, think he will come good, but correct,

Bayern never sells players they rate and are pretty astute when it comes to showing the exit door.

Mane being a good example.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

image.gif

Klopp,:

"Thiago is not cool. He showed a lot of things on LFCTV and looked outstanding, so we took him, let him play for a few minutes. It's a muscle issue, we don't know the extent yet but it's not cool. Not good news for him or us."

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Bayern aren't half mugging us off with midfielders at the moment.

I mean, Thiago cost 20m. We essentially got them back, with interest, by sending them Mané.

If Gravenberch is shite, that's just self inflicted. They didn't even rate him.

Thiago

“Thiago, obviously, is not cool. Everything looked absolutely fantastic in training. We showed quite a lot of things, I think, on LFCTV so you can see the training moments and it looks outstanding so you think, ‘Come on, take him, we have the opportunity, let him play a few minutes’ and then…

“It’s a muscle issue, we don’t know the extent yet. We have to wait there a little bit, but it’s not cool, of course. It was really not good news for him, for us, for everybody. On top of losing the game already and having that is not good.

“Yes [I expect him to play again this season], but we didn’t really think about that, in the moment we just treat the injury and get a full assessment done and knowing exactly where it came from. It’s not the intensity and stuff like this, so there are different things.

“It’s just the normal procedure and it would not be a big story if he wouldn’t have been out for that long a time. That’s how it is. It’s not a big, big injury, definitely not, but it’s obviously something nobody needed.”

41 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, Thiago cost 20m. We essentially got them back, with interest, by sending them Mané.

If Gravenberch is shite, that's just self inflicted. They didn't even rate him.

Mane helped them win the League again when up against it. That'll teach them!

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Mane helped them win the League again when up against it. That'll teach them!

He was awful there, the fans hated him and he had a fight with Sane. He was a disaster and they were bailed out by a Saudi offer. Shows how much you pay attention.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was awful there, the fans hated him and he had a fight with Sane. He was a disaster and they were bailed out by a Saudi offer. Shows how much you pay attention.

I knew that but they WON the League and sold him to the Arabs. Like I said  'that'll teach them!'

1 hour ago, Code said:

Thiago

“Thiago, obviously, is not cool. Everything looked absolutely fantastic in training. We showed quite a lot of things, I think, on LFCTV so you can see the training moments and it looks outstanding so you think, ‘Come on, take him, we have the opportunity, let him play a few minutes’ and then…

“It’s a muscle issue, we don’t know the extent yet. We have to wait there a little bit, but it’s not cool, of course. It was really not good news for him, for us, for everybody. On top of losing the game already and having that is not good.

“Yes [I expect him to play again this season], but we didn’t really think about that, in the moment we just treat the injury and get a full assessment done and knowing exactly where it came from. It’s not the intensity and stuff like this, so there are different things.

“It’s just the normal procedure and it would not be a big story if he wouldn’t have been out for that long a time. That’s how it is. It’s not a big, big injury, definitely not, but it’s obviously something nobody needed.”

i maintain what i said last week when the wankathon was on because of the LFCTV clip of him dribbling past a mannequin, that he won't play 200 minutes for us this season. it matters little what klopp says that he thinks he will play again, because even if he's back in 6 weeks, he will be out in 7.  

1 hour ago, Moo said:

In what respect?

Being furious with a player for being injury prone and being disappointed that a world class player came back from injury and played in a big game. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Being furious with a player for being injury prone and being disappointed that a world class player came back from injury and played in a big game. 

Im not sure a fully fit Thiago (The Liverpool version) would have even got a look in if we had Endo and Szoboslai available.

Don’t think anyone’s furious he played, I suppose just disappointed we had to even call him up