You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Tories are now going to have to fight the battle against the right they have been desperate to avoid since Farridge was riding high. They’ve had a flawed referendum, pushed through a joke Brexit deal , mouthed off about immigrants incessantly, embraced Johnson and his populist bollocks and have welcomed utter loons into top cabinet posts . All to no avail and now they are still going to have the showdown that Cameron was too shit scared to have but it will be so much worse now for the Tories.. Years of Tory infighting has left the country in tatters and I think there is a real chance they will get absolutely annihilated at the polls . 

So basically Brexit was for nothing (except lining the pockets of a few folk) then.  Great! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They can fuck right off with that shit.

There are three European countries that are not members of the ECHR: the Vatican (which is a bit of a special case; not really a country), Russia and Belarus. 

These cunts look at Putin and Lukashenko and think "That's how to run a country".

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They can fuck right off with that shit.

There are three European countries that are not members of the ECHR: the Vatican (which is a bit of a special case; not really a country), Russia and Belarus. 

These cunts look at Putin and Lukashenko and think "That's how to run a country".

and they actually think its a vote winner

Days gone by, when Labour were allowed to do 'some' good things for ordinary people. I won't dig up the more left wing Labour governments like 45. Both of the below were/are considered to be from the right of the party. 

Blair/Starmer 1999. 

20240311_143542.jpg

Wilson/Callaghan 1966. 

20240308_100729.jpg

The above 66 budget saw the birth of Corperation tax. Good  

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is one horrible cunt.

Watch this and way he answers questions.

Straight out of the populist's handbook. Man of the people, I want my country back, culture wars, others, immigrants, liberal elite. Even chucks in a Trumpian "failing London Mayor". 

God knows if he even believes it. Seems a grifter desperate to be the right's Galloway. 

• Upvote 3

I'm fully in favour of going back to the old days to get things on track.

I'd start with a round of Roman decimation in parliament amd if that doesn't work take a idea from revolutionary France and install Madam Guillotine into service

• Upvote 1

Is wanting an MP shot dead a hate crime? I thought after they had a big kerfuffle in the HoC the other week they vowed to clamp down on hate speech. Didn't they also donate a few extra million to increase MPs safety? 

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Straight out of the populist's handbook. Man of the people, I want my country back, culture wars, others, immigrants, liberal elite. Even chucks in a Trumpian "failing London Mayor". 

God knows if he even believes it. Seems a grifter desperate to be the right's Galloway. 

A cunt.

The 'all i want is my country back' makes him sound even thicker and pathetic than the stupid, horrible piece of ratshit is.

Way he speaks to that Beth from Sky is disgusting. Funny though how his new boss just ignores him and talks

15 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Is wanting an MP shot dead a hate crime? I thought after they had a big kerfuffle in the HoC the other week they vowed to clamp down on hate speech. Didn't they also donate a few extra million to increase MPs safety? 

Even Dan Hodges can see what it is.

Screenshot_2024-03-12-09-11-35-09_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Anderson is just another one off the production line. Truss, Raab, Patel. They're overachievers and little more than ambition in a suit.

Anderson is thick as fuck, he'd be lucky to get a job selling double glazing in any other era.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Even Dan Hodges can see what it is.

Screenshot_2024-03-12-09-11-35-09_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Sunak stood on the steps of Downing Street the other night talking about 'divisive behaviour and toxic rhetoric which could lead to violence on our streets' ..wonder if musing about a black MP to be shot fits into them categories? Hoyle also made a big bullshit speech about MPs safety after meeting Starmer which scuppered the SNP Gaza motion. 

Butler makes a good wider point about tory donors and their influence here. 

As Labour seem to be making political capital out of all this Hester stuff and showing concern for her, does that mean that they’ll now bump along the suspension process for Abbott as I’m sure being left in limbo for 11 months isn’t great for someone’s mental wellbeing either?

• Downvote 1