You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I was thinking last night about a huge chunk of the right is entirely powered by hate.

From trump,braverman,anderson,farage,banks to their lackeys in the media,mcenzie,pierce,the mail,its all they have.

They dont care about making peoples lives better..they just want to blame "others",muslims,asylum seekers,the unemployed..for problems they themselves have created.

None of it is genuine though, they don't mean any of it, they just want to stay in power.

Roman power and nazi power wasn't maintained by elites, it was maintained by an angry mob.

Lizard brained people respond to base instincts like fear.

Consider the Tories have been in power for 14 years yet they're still angry.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

None of it is genuine though, they don't mean any of it, they just want to stay in power.

Roman power and nazi power wasn't maintained by elites, it was maintained by an angry mob.

They must do to a certain exent?

But for all their faults,the left,for want of a better term, maybe idealistically,want stuff like  a fairer society, good public services etc.

when you listen to anderson and braverman,its pure unadulturated bile,There is nothing there to make peoples lives actually better,

Maybe that philosophy is to play on peoples prejudice? 

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They haven't got anything else to sell. Literally or figuratively. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Someone said on twitter the other day that it wouldn't affect British people 

GIogeP5XYAA1jd1.png

With any luck I can play my part in booting her out soon enough. It might be close though, I’ll need to make sure the wife doesn’t vote green, at least in this GE. 

Her hatred of Andrea Jenkyns should ensure my argument wins the day, however as it’s my argument it could just as well lose the day. I’ll need to tread carefully. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

With any luck I can play my part in booting her out soon enough. It might be close though, I’ll need to make sure the wife doesn’t vote green, at least in this GE. 

Her hatred of Andrea Jenkyns should ensure my argument wins the day, however as it’s my argument it could just as well lose the day. I’ll need to tread carefully. 

How big is her majority?

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That sounds beatable with the polls the way they are. Is it big Brexit land there? 

Massively. It is definitely beatable but I wouldn’t be surprised if she held on. 

There’s a lot of racists/xenophobes/flag shaggers/idiots/clowns/selfish cunts in these parts. 

I know a few who voted ‘for Boris’ last time, who’d never voted Tory before, who now know they’ve had their pants pulled down and won’t be doing that again. 

Loads of others though who are doubling down, or sprouting the “they’re all the same” nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Someone said on twitter the other day that it wouldn't affect British people 

GIogeP5XYAA1jd1.png

And people will still vote for that. Amazing isn't it, 'vote to be poorer and have less freedom of movement' and 'vote to have fewer rights' really seems to resonate with a certain species of moron.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

One of the things that is genuinely being suggested is the Tories run on a campaign to have us removed from the ECHR as a manifesto promise, or at least to a promise a referendum.

Dark times.

What is “us” 

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

One of the things that is genuinely being suggested is the Tories run on a campaign to have us removed from the ECHR as a manifesto promise, or at least to a promise a referendum.

Dark times.

Seems their last roll of the dice. Make it like the last general election, all about Brexit. Ramp up that this is the last thing in the way of our sovereignty and I wouldn't be shocked to see them get some traction with it. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Phew. I expected a breakdown and some keys. Glad we agree 

We don't, it appears you don't know what you're rabbiting on about, but hey-ho, continue the johnny-come-lately keyboard commie act.

Wake me up when this becomes interesting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Seems their last roll of the dice. Make it like the last general election, all about Brexit. Ramp up that this is the last thing in the way of our sovereignty and I wouldn't be shocked to see them get some traction with it. 

Looks like it, there's too much money being wasted on 'rights' and 'protections' when money can be made.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

• Upvote 1