You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I answered this last time you said something similar about locking down forever, with a lengthy post and you didn’t reply but this is what I think and it doesn’t involve perpetual lockdowns. 

Who is even saying anything about perpetual lockdowns. There are a fuckload of options between ‘perpetual lockdowns’ and ‘freedom day’ with no restrictions. 

We keep some measures until we’ve vaccinated enough people (we’ve only done a little over 50% of the UK population) and unlock when cases are low so track and trace actually has a chance of working. Not when cases are skyrocketing and hospitalisations are also rising exponentially. 

So we ‘learn to live with it’ when we are in a good place to do so, and right now we aren’t. I think it’s a bit weird that your response to a post saying rising covid cases are causing heart and cancer operations to be cancelled is to basically say “ah well, what can we do? No other option”. 

We expect an exit wave but this isn’t that. An exit wave generally starts when you exit and not before. We’re going to have the exit wave on top of this (though I’m hopeful a couple of weeks of scorching weather might dim that somewhat). 

Looking at your subsequent post you say it gets to a point that life isn’t worth living but absolutely no one is taking about locking down again. Let’s say we mandate masks in shops and public transport again, work from home if you can and a covid passport for nightclubs. Why would any of that make your life not worth living?

Sorry mate but you seem to see things as either lockdown or complete ‘freedom’ when I think it’s pretty obvious we should be doing neither but keeping some light restrictions to control the spread until we see what happens when we vaccinate enough people. 

I honestly don’t see how anyone can look at the fuckups by the government since this started and not think we should proceed very, very cautiously. This isn’t going to go away if people stop tweeting about hospitalisations or cases. 

I mostly agree with you, however, there is one point people usually tend to overlook, the cases in UK already went over 50,000 before "freedom".

And vaccinations are slowly grinding to a halt, as they did in Israel and then the US. Germany is also about to be stuck at around 65 percent.

1 hour ago, Poster said:

Thanks, as I don't have any symptoms I'd have been ok with an immune booster shot that a positive result would have given. Not so happy about the extra days isolating it would have meant though. 

If I've read things correctly then if I'd have been in this situation after 16th August, as I'm double jabbed I would not have to isolate anyway. Anyone messaging me about 'freedom day' on Monday is going to be told to fuck off. 

I can't really complain, my daughter says she feels like shit with the covid and her work telling her to work from home, she has spent the last couple of days in bed with it. 

My mum and dad went to Lego Land and stayed overnight with my sister, brother-in-law and three nephews and one of my nephews stayed in their room for the night. 

The one who stayed in their room felt sick the morning after he stayed with them and tested positive for Covid. They all had to isolate. 

My dad and brother-in-law (both double jabbed) then had symptoms of covid but both tested negative by PCR, as did my mum and sister.

I know you haven’t got symptoms but I know a few people who are double jabbed who have had contact with someone positive, then got symptoms of Covid and subsequently tested negative. It’s strange, I wonder if it’s psychosomatic in some people and knowing you’ve been in contact with someone positive messes with your head?

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I mostly agree with you, however, there is one point people usually tend to overlook, the cases in UK already went over 50,000 before "freedom".

And vaccinations are slowly grinding to a halt, as they did in Israel and then the US. Germany is also about to be stuck at around 65 percent.

We should have been aiming for what Israel did and unlock when cases are tiny and it’s hard for them to get back up, but even they’ve brought back face masks indoors I think. 

Which is the entire problem with naming dates months in advance when you don’t know what the situation is going to be like. I’d much rather we said once we reach a certain percentage of the nation fully vaccinated and cases are below a certain (low) rate then that is when we open up. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I know you haven’t got symptoms but I know a few people who are double jabbed who have had contact with someone positive, then got symptoms of Covid and subsequently tested negative. It’s strange, I wonder if it’s psychosomatic in some people and knowing you’ve been in contact with someone positive messes with your head?

Me this week. 

• Upvote 1

Missed our second jabs yesterday thanks to a lorry catching fire on the M4 (no one hurt) and us stuck on the motorway for nearly five hours in the heat. 

Now trying to get a walk in jab over the coming days. My mum sent us to a clinic earlier that was doing them, she didn’t check the dates and after arriving it turns out it was last weekend….

Pissed off with the whole thing is an understatement.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

My mum and dad went to Lego Land and stayed overnight with my sister, brother-in-law and three nephews and one of my nephews stayed in their room for the night. 

The one who stayed in their room felt sick the morning after he stayed with them and tested positive for Covid. They all had to isolate. 

My dad and brother-in-law (both double jabbed) then had symptoms of covid but both tested negative by PCR, as did my mum and sister.

I do understand why I have to isolate but as of 16th August, I wouldn't according to the governments plans because I am double jabbed. I am sure those plans will change if the rates go through the roof as is predicted. 

I wouldn't have a problem with limited isolation, such as just being allowed to go for a walk if I tested negative and daily lateral flow tests to reinforce that. I can't even do that and don't have a garden, it's just an inconvenience. 

While I am happy to follow the rules there will be many that will now just delete the app and go about their business, if we had a little bit of a more sensible process then less might be inclined to do that. 

If I was a EUFA official, a politician or rich then I could be out there now doing what I wanted. Well I wouldn't because I'm not a twat but still. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I think it's unlikely it's pyschosomatic, it's more likely that the virus isn't able to grab hold of it's host as the immune system is dealing with it - hence the symptoms. After all, people are getting the symptoms from the vaccination which is designed to kick the immune system in to overdrive. Probably the same principle.

Stig getting symptoms was a good thing, it means his immune system is towering over the fucker and doesn't stand a chance. Visions of Ripley standing infront of the Queen Alien shouting "Get away from her, YOU BITCH!"

9 minutes ago, Poster said:

I do understand why I have to isolate but as of 16th August, I wouldn't according to the governments plans because I am double jabbed. I am sure those plans will change if the rates go through the roof as it's predicted. 

I wouldn't have a problem with limited isolation, such as just being allowed to go for a walk if I tested negative and daily lateral flow tests to reinforce that. I can't even do that and don't have a garden, it's just an inconvenience. 

While I am happy to follow the rules there will me many that will now just delete the app and go about their business, if we had a little bit of a more sensible process then less might be inclined to do that. 

If I was a EUFA official, a politician or rich then I could be out there now doing what I wanted. 

Yeah it’s a shit show mate, I don’t know what the answer is but the situation with people get pinged seems both unsustainable while also being a bad idea to stop everyone double jabbed doing it on the 16th August as they could still spread it. 

I did read something but can’t remember where and it said the government were advised there could be a 25% increase in cases if they scrapped people having to isolate now rather than doing it on the 16th August which is why they’re waiting. 

Hope the isolation goes as well as it can for you anyway, not the best time to be cooped up in this weather. 

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Stig getting symptoms was a good thing, it means his immune system is towering over the fucker and doesn't stand a chance. Visions of Ripley standing infront of the Queen Alien shouting "Get away from her, YOU BITCH!"

AZ as well. 

BlondCourageousInganue-max-1mb.gif

My mates wife has just had a massive rant on Facebook about tests being inaccurate. All her thick mates jumping in with support.  

Turns out her kid was at a party and after a positive test was told to isolate.  She didn’t and sent her kid to school. Her husband subsequently tests positive.  Still sends kids to school. So, it’s the tests that are bad. Someone grassed her husband up and headmaster demanded they collected kids Immediately.  

She volunteered at a Covid jab centre.  

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My mates wife has just had a massive rant on Facebook about tests being inaccurate. All her thick mates jumping in with support.  

Turns out her kid was at a party and after a positive test was told to isolate.  She didn’t and sent her kid to school. Her husband subsequently tests positive.  Still sends kids to school. So, it’s the tests that are bad. Someone grassed her husband up and headmaster demanded they collected kids Immediately.  

She volunteered at a Covid jab centre.  

Jesus. They should be done for that, knowingly putting other people at risk like that is fucking disgraceful.