You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

10 minutes ago, A Red said:

I can see he has a dry sarcastic humour and how that could be open to a twat like me misinterpreting it. The thing is, he could have knocked me on the head straightaway by admitting he was joking. He couldnt do it though because that would have caused loss of face, he had to try to front it out.

I know full well the more someone advocates violence on the internet the less likely they are to be that way inclined. It just boils my piss when they do it

I couldn't do it because I would have lost face...fucking hell. 

I refer you back to my earlier post. 

I'm not going to explain every post to you. 

Please just stop. 

59 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The left? What exactly does that even mean? Don't you object to people dying? Getting ill,or becoming homeless just to make the wealthy even wealthier? I do and so do many others. It would also be nice if you actually gave an opinion on something rather than just a sarcastic snipe too.

Funnily enough, I don't remember this getting lots of media coverage;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/01/perfect-storm-austerity-behind-130000-deaths-uk-ippr-report

Austerity to blame for 130,000 ‘preventable’ UK deaths – report

This article is more than 1 month old

Two decades of public health improvements have stalled, says IPPR thinktank

More than 130,000 deaths in the UK since 2012 could have been prevented if improvements in public health policy had not stalled as a direct result of austerity cuts, according to a hard-hitting analysis to be published this week.

The study by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) thinktank finds that, after two decades in which preventable diseases were reduced as a result of spending on better education and prevention, there has been a seven-year “perfect storm” in which state provision has been pared back because of budget cuts, while harmful behaviours among people of all ages have increased.

Had progress been maintained at pre-2013 rates, around 131,000 lives could have been saved, the IPPR concludes. Despite promises made during the NHS’s 70th birthday celebrations last year to prioritise prevention, the UK is now only halfway up a table of OECD countries on its record for tackling preventable diseases.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Funnily enough, I don't remember this getting lots of media coverage;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/01/perfect-storm-austerity-behind-130000-deaths-uk-ippr-report

Austerity to blame for 130,000 ‘preventable’ UK deaths – report

This article is more than 1 month old

Two decades of public health improvements have stalled, says IPPR thinktank

More than 130,000 deaths in the UK since 2012 could have been prevented if improvements in public health policy had not stalled as a direct result of austerity cuts, according to a hard-hitting analysis to be published this week.

The study by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) thinktank finds that, after two decades in which preventable diseases were reduced as a result of spending on better education and prevention, there has been a seven-year “perfect storm” in which state provision has been pared back because of budget cuts, while harmful behaviours among people of all ages have increased.

Had progress been maintained at pre-2013 rates, around 131,000 lives could have been saved, the IPPR concludes. Despite promises made during the NHS’s 70th birthday celebrations last year to prioritise prevention, the UK is now only halfway up a table of OECD countries on its record for tackling preventable diseases.

Yeah but none of them bragged about it on the internet so them deaths don't count 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Am I correct in reading that the deaths are attributed to a lack of government funded education into things like not smoking and not being fat?  

It's the usual thing of people speaking beyond the facts.

https://fullfact.org/health/austerity-120000-unnecessary-deaths/

While lower growth in health and social care spending since 2010 may be behind the increase in deaths, these findings should be treated with caution as the research doesn’t prove this is the case. Reduced spending is one of a number of possible explanations for the results.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I couldn't do it because I would have lost face...fucking hell. 

I refer you back to my earlier post. 

I'm not going to explain every post to you. 

Please just stop. 

I stopped, you quoted a quote i made in replying to someone else. Its ok, calm yourself down. When I took you at your word I wanted to know exactly how far you wanted violence to go, now I know you were only joking. No need to explain every post, when you say you wish violence upon someone I know you are actually joking. Thats it.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I stopped, you quoted a quote i made in replying to someone else. Its ok, calm yourself down. When I took you at your word I wanted to know exactly how far you wanted violence to go, now I know you were only joking. No need to explain every post, when you say you wish violence upon someone I know you are actually joking. Thats it.

Or showing off. Don’t forget the ‘Lefty of the Day’ award.  Competition sometimes gets fierce.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Once the gulags are open it’ll be ok. 

Is there enough space for our gulags what with all of your concentration camps for Muslims, the religious, blacks, and poor people?

After all, those are the only two options with no space in between. 

Comic book politics. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Of course it was. What sort of small minded blert searching for an excuse to be on the side of racism and hatred would have taken it at face value? 

Correct, should believe Wiki over the police.  The same police who were stood down during the march. 

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Correct, should believe Wiki over the police.  The same police who were stood down during the march. 

Generally Wikipedia has a better review process than the police though right?  I mean, how many times are cops paying out on wrongful arrest, etc. shooting people without just cause, it must be thousands of times per year for all the police forces around? 

They also lie for purposes of catching criminals - undercover officers, pushing the boundaries of entrapment, setting up TV interviews for suspects to appeal for information about loved ones, etc.   

Then you've got all the major shenanigans, being political pawns, massive cover ups like Hillsborough, etc.  

So yes, you probably should believe information from wikipedia over information from the police.  Generally speaking.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Or showing off. Don’t forget the ‘Lefty of the Day’ award.  Competition sometimes gets fierce.  

Ssssh! I never thought there was an element of that at all, really I didnt

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Generally Wikipedia has a better review process than the police though right?  I mean, how many times are cops paying out on wrongful arrest, etc. shooting people without just cause, it must be thousands of times per year for all the police forces around? 

They also lie for purposes of catching criminals - undercover officers, pushing the boundaries of entrapment, setting up TV interviews for suspects to appeal for information about loved ones, etc.   

Then you've got all the major shenanigans, being political pawns, massive cover ups like Hillsborough, etc.  

So yes, you probably should believe information from wikipedia over information from the police.  Generally speaking.

The current chief of police in Portland is an African American woman.  I bet she was dying to march with the Proud Boys, they’d welcome her with open arms. Right? Right?  

Wikipedia gets "moderated" by allowing people from different to edit it, until something close to the truth emerges.

A police Twitter account doesn't. 

The current chief of police in Portland is an African American woman.  I bet she was dying to march with the Proud Boys, they’d welcome her with open arms. Right? Right?  

I’m not really sure what you’re on about there, I just saw your post and couldn’t help but start waffling on about trusting Wikipedia over the cops.

Guest Pistonbroke

Maybe's one of our American friends can tell us about their/America's experiences on Black police officers. From my limited experience they are every bit as bent as their white counterparts. In some cases more so, as they feel the need to be harsher with their own brethren. You get good and bad in all races, I know quite a few Black people who are racist as fuck. 

59 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Maybe's one of our American friends can tell us about their/America's experiences on Black police officers. From my limited experience they are every bit as bent as their white counterparts. In some cases more so, as they feel the need to be harsher with their own brethren. You get good and bad in all races, I know quite a few Black people who are racist as fuck. 

Oops.  You’ll be in for it now.  

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Screen-Shot-2019-04-27-at-9.47.17-PM.png