You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

Just watched Dr Strange and the Muliverse of Madness again. Still can’t decide if it’s a really good Sam Raimi

movie and a poor MCU movie or if it’s a really good MCU movies and a poor Sam Raimi movie.   

Overall I’m getting a bit bored of the MCU. Haven’t seen Thor 4 yet. Years gone by I’d be there first weekend.  

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just watched Dr Strange and the Muliverse of Madness again. Still can’t decide if it’s a really good Sam Raimi

movie and a poor MCU movie or if it’s a really good MCU movies and a poor Sam Raimi movie.   

Overall I’m getting a bit bored of the MCU. Haven’t seen Thor 4 yet. Years gone by I’d be there first weekend.  

The Marvel bits are typical Marvel and the Raimi bit's are typical Raimi but switching between the two is really jarring.

In big franchises like this I'm not sure directors with really strong distinct styles necessarily works.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Good that about daredevil, is it a continuation or a reboot?

Anyone who hasn't seen the originals should really give it a go, it's one of the best shows ever made. Like cage and punisher were top drawer too.

I assume a continuation, given that he's going to be popping up in other shows/films. Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio are both back, so it very much seems like it.

I listened to the Empire magazine podcast on the MCU announcements today and they said there’s a rumour that Feige is trying to persuade Spielberg to direct the Fantastic 4 movie. 

Ooooo…

- and I can’t stress this enough -

…ffffff!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I assume a continuation, given that he's going to be popping up in other shows/films. Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio are both back, so it very much seems like it.

I haven't seen kingpin in Hawkeye but isn't he supposed to be quite different from D'Onofrio's original take? 

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I haven't seen kingpin in Hawkeye but isn't he supposed to be quite different from D'Onofrio's original take? 

In the very short amount of time we saw him he was more comic accurate 90's Spiderman cartoon Kingpin than decapitate a man with a car door Netflix Kingpin.

Even the brief glimpse of Daredevil in the She-Hulk trailer made out he was more acrobatic parkouring across Hell's Kitchen Daredevil.

Ultimately they'll all be made a bit more durable and rubbery so he's not bleeding out on an apartment floor for two episodes.

On 10/07/2022 at 09:36, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I was only just thinking about all this yesterday and asked my 8 year old if there was another Avengers movie on the horizon.  Because fuck me it needs something to rally the MU around. 

I put at the weekend that Phases 1 to 3 all ended with an Avengers film, a proper end to the phases, while there is now nothing until Phase 6.

Apparently Feige has said they don’t need to end the Phase will a Avengers team-up movie these days because they have so many other team-up films along the way. 

Suppose it makes sense, just feels aimless at the moment.

I also see the director of Shang Chi is getting to direct Kang Dynasty. 

Given the Russo's comments earlier this month I wouldn't be surprised if they are lined up for Secret Wars.

On Wakanda forever, that's one of the best trailers we've seen for a very long time (perhaps partly influenced by events surrounding the film) but given the last shot who is everyone's pick to be the new Black Panther?

I hope they don't go down the obvious route and give it to Shuri or M'Baku, the clear favourite should be Lupita Nyong'o's Keira. She's too good and actress not to make her a central part of this universe.

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Given the Russo's comments earlier this month I wouldn't be surprised if they are lined up for Secret Wars.

On Wakanda forever, that's one of the best trailers we've seen for a very long time (perhaps partly influenced by events surrounding the film) but given the last shot who is everyone's pick to be the new Black Panther?

I hope they don't go down the obvious route and give it to Shuri or M'Baku, the clear favourite should be Lupita Nyong'o's Keira. She's too good and actress not to make her a central part of this universe.

Calves are too small for a guy. I'm going with Shuri or Keira. Likely Keira as Shuri is too prominent in the trailer and they'll probably throw a curve ball with their choice.

On 25/07/2022 at 00:06, Section_31 said:

one of the best shows ever made. Like cage and punisher were top drawer too.

Totally agree with you, some of the few things Netflix got right. Streets ahead of what I consider shite that's coming out now by disney.

A WWII era Captain America would be good. Proper hammed up. Running past 88s, twatting an SS general with his shield, turning to Todd from Breaking Bad in his role as a US infantry sergeant and saying 'you guys, are the real heroes.'

Fuck it, film it in black and white too.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

A WWII era Captain America would be good. Proper hammed up. Running past 88s, twatting an SS general with his shield, turning to Todd from Breaking Bad in his role as a US infantry sergeant and saying 'you guys, are the real heroes.'

Fuck it, film it in black and white too.

Eh? We’ve had that. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I'm keen to see what they do with Blade and vampires. There is also a rumour that we're getting a Halloween Disney+ special introducing Werewolf By Night.

Fuck knows how they’re gonna make blade with the usual pg shit style of the rest of the shows.

Moon Knight was laughably bad in that regard.