You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fair enough. I'm reasonably excited about the level he could reach, dampened significantly by our injury concerns being realised.

Yeah I was hoping it wasn’t going to be as bad. He was gaining a bit of consistency too.

He will need to play a hell of alot better for a number of years to be in the same bracket as Silva or De Bruyne.

That said he is already a cut above the other three fellas we have in the two outside mid positions

Agreed with both points.

It takes many games over a good while before judging a player and hinting he's better than De Bruyne and Silva based on a couple of games is plainly ridiculous. City actually battered us for the first half of the second leg and all of our midfield struggled big time. Like I said,hold your horses until we actually see the lad back in action for a bit.

This guy never said he was better. His point was a good one I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Silly question I am sure but what's the deal with one shirt with Standard Chartered and one with Bet Victor?

thumb_66013_default_news_size_5.jpeg

One of them ruins lives by encouraging gambling money it hasn’t got, the other is a betting firm

• Upvote 6

Bet Victor sponsors the training gear mate

Ah, OK so he's wearing the training top and holding the playing kit. Never knew that. Has that happened for a long time to have two different sponsors for kits or is it an FSG thing?

That injury to Ox was like the red card to Henderson in 2014. We've just kind of limped over the line since.

He was becoming a top player for us

Hopefully he will be available for the beginning of the season, cliched but will be like a new signing and he will be excited to get going again.

It's been a while but it's quite exciting to be a Red again.

Ah, OK so he's wearing the training top and holding the playing kit. Never knew that. Has that happened for a long time to have two different sponsors for kits or is it an FSG thing?

Most clubs are doing it to maximize revenue.

This guy never said he was better. His point was a good one I think

He hinted at it,which I said in my reply. If you are new around here you'd know that ardja is a Prince of hyperbole and an awful judge of what makes good trainies. Get rid of that signature too.

Don't see how Lallana gets into the team next year.

He's hopeless in the wide forward role, maybe he'll be the fifth-choice there or something but it will be Salah, Mane, Fekir and then probably another signing (Dembele?) ahead of him. Lallana is just too slow to play there for us, as the CL final showed.

And in the front two spots in the midfield he'll have Keita, Fekir, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum ahead of him and he can fight it out with Milner for fifth-choice. I mean, he'll get some minutes because we play two of those players but I'd be surprised if he got more than 1500 minutes in the league.

Add to that the fact that Woodburn is getting to the age where he probably needs 1000 minutes or so and also that this is probably the last summer we could get any money for Lallana and he needs to be sold. We could probably just about get £10-15m for him from some club with more money than sense.

A fit Lallana gets into the team ahead of the Ox and ahead of Wijnaldum every time.  People quickly forget how great he was in the previous season.  You can bet you arse Klopp doesn't.  

Another good thing about him is that he's almost universally loved by Monaco supporters, which is rare for a player who was at a selling club.

A lot of past Monaco players have downed tools a little if they didn't get a move at a certain time or looked to force themselves out. In contrast, he stayed for an extra year despite the fact he was promised a move last summer and he still performed and kept quiet. 

A fit Lallana gets into the team ahead of the Ox and ahead of Wijnaldum every time. People quickly forget how great he was in the previous season. You can bet you arse Klopp doesn't.

Lallana hasn't done enough for long enough to get any more favours. While we can't really afford to lose any players due to having such a small squad I'd definitely be looking to offload somebody with Lallana's injury record. For the record I've said that Henderson has been crocked for a while but his availability should at least get him a place on the bench for loyalty alone,for a short while at least.

Another good thing about him is that he's almost universally loved by Monaco supporters, which is rare for a player who was at a selling club.

A lot of past Monaco players have downed tools a little if they didn't get a move at a certain time or looked to force themselves out. In contrast, he stayed for an extra year despite the fact he was promised a move last summer and he still performed and kept quiet.

Yes Klopp said something about he wasn’t only a great footballer but a great man.

A fit Lallana gets into the team ahead of the Ox and ahead of Wijnaldum every time. People quickly forget how great he was in the previous season. You can bet you arse Klopp doesn't.

I think that's probably true.

A fair bit of Lallana revisioning the last few days. But I guess that's what happens when you've been injured for a whole season.

what happens when you've been injured for a whole season.

Usually on here he would be Maradona by now -- the fact he came on at the biggest moment of the season and was invisible is weighing on him negatively. That said he was good season before last -- chipped in with goals, nicked the ball, was willing to run outside 

For the way we play now, and the fellas we will have available next year, tbh I would rather see the best of what Ox brought -- carrying the ball through the middle at pace -- having a quality hit from 25 yards - giving people a bit of a physical tussle in their half. 

I think that will add more to the mix than Lallana, even at his best.

• Upvote 2

Usually on here he would be Maradona by now -- the fact he came on at the biggest moment of the season and was invisible is weighing on him negatively. That said he was good season before last -- chipped in with goals, nicked the ball, was willing to run outside

For the way we play now, and the fellas we will have available next year, tbh I would rather see the best of what Ox brought -- carrying the ball through the middle at pace -- having a quality hit from 25 yards - giving people a bit of a physical tussle in their half.

I think that will add more to the mix than Lallana, even at his best.

I reckon there is a timescale to it - obviously depends a bit on the thinker, FrenchEyeGlass (I think?) probably still hasn't given up on Daniel Sturridge - but generally within about 3 months they are vital and we wouldn't have lost once had they been fit. Longer than that and the player is an injury prone waste of space and we need to get rid.

Both Ox and Lallana were the two midfielders from this season who were capable of running forward and breaking lines, so they will probably be competing for that spot. I believe Keita is also quite good at that, so we hopefully won't be so bereft of movement from midfield next season.

• Upvote 1