You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sergio Ramos

Hades

He knew what he was doing. We were giving them plenty of problems at the time. As soon as Mo goes off they calmed down and we never looked like giving them any serious trouble. They were terrified of both him and Mane being played in by Bobby.

When it happened, it felt similar to when Mane was sent off against City - same sort of shock, same consequences. We lost our focus and our momentum at a crucial time. It was ridiculously cynical by Ramos, who was far too easily excused by some in the media. As for his absurd collapse, holding his face, to get Mane booked, well, again, I'm amazed he didn't get more criticism from the pundits. What a pity no one managed to give him some of his own medicine.

I’ve just watched the elbow incident back and it just makes you think what goes through this cunts mind. It’s the European Cup final and you’re running massively out of the way to try to elbow the opposition keeper in the face. I just don’t understand it. It’s the Mourinho way of playing. People talk about it being a “do anything to win mentality” but it’s further than that. It’s not like diving or faking injury or crowding the ref it’s like its a stage further.

He will be planning stuff like this before the game. When you elbow him in the face do it when the balls nowhere near you so none of the referees are looking. In the end it obviously had no impact on the result but it could have done had he got sent off or Karius broke an eye socket. It’s not football and it should be dealt with but it won’t be. Until it does more and more cunts like Ramos will appear.

When it happened, it felt similar to when Mane was sent off against City - same sort of shock, same consequences. We lost our focus and our momentum at a crucial time. It was ridiculously cynical by Ramos, who was far too easily excused by some in the media. As for his absurd collapse, holding his face, to get Mane booked, well, again, I'm amazed he didn't get more criticism from the pundits. What a pity no one managed to give him some of his own medicine.

The World Cup starts soon, I suspect he will taste some medicine then. Especially as supposedly VAR is going to be used.

I’ve just watched the elbow incident back and it just makes you think what goes through this cunts mind. It’s the European Cup final and you’re running massively out of the way to try to elbow the opposition keeper in the face. I just don’t understand it. It’s the Mourinho way of playing. People talk about it being a “do anything to win mentality” but it’s further than that. It’s not like diving or faking injury or crowding the ref it’s like its a stage further.

He will be planning stuff like this before the game. When you elbow him in the face do it when the balls nowhere near you so none of the referees are looking. In the end it obviously had no impact on the result but it could have done had he got sent off or Karius broke an eye socket. It’s not football and it should be dealt with but it won’t be. Until it does more and more cunts like Ramos will appear.

Good to see balance has been reset with this post. All his dark actions were obviously meditated in the moment, he was looking at Mane coming towards him, he knew he could take Salah down when they ended up running together and the keeper incident is another example of being put in a position that's too tempting for a monster to turn down.

Good to see balance has been reset with this post. All his dark actions were obviously meditated in the moment, he was looking at Mane coming towards him, he knew he could take Salah down when they ended up running together and the keeper incident is another example of being put in a position that's too tempting for a monster to turn down.

I think I was giving him the benefit of the doubt last night with the Mo incident. When you watch back that elbow though the whole thing is so calculated. Right down to the elbow being with a straightish arm to hide what he’s doing.

He’s obviously capable of trying to injure Salah in the sly way it ended up happening. I just felt like it is the type of thing rough players do and it is part of the game. When you put it into context of how he behaves throughout in games though there’s no doubt he’s is trying to injure players and that isn’t part of the game. He is a cunt but we knew that anyway.

His footballing quality aside, don’t really want a player like him to be playing for us. I’m really struggling to see why some posters here would.

Graeme Souness was are greatest midfielder ever.

You would've hated him.

• Upvote 1

The World Cup starts soon, I suspect he will taste some medicine then. Especially as supposedly VAR is going to be used.

He’d get away with all 3 with VAR mate because the Salah incident is an “accident” the Mane one, well looking to see where an opponent is isn’t a crime and then he had his legs “swiped” by the minimal contact on his boot lace and the Karius elbow was a push by Van Dijk. Ramos is an expert at it.

He’s just a horrible cheating cunt who’s been getting away with shit like this for years, the way he’s tried to kick Messi out of matches and stamping on his hand etc shows how much of a prick he is, the fact he’s had a million red cards just shows that he’s learned more and more over time what he needs to do to get away with it, he’ll have the odd ref who won’t put up with it or it’s just too obvious for the ref to turn a blind eye and he has to get sent off.

I honestly feel like these “superstar” footballers get away with so much shit now and get free kicks for fuck all, first 5 minutes Ronaldo’s throwing his arms in the air and screaming at the ref as soon as he’s tackled. Journalists are mostly afraid to call Ronaldo, Ramos and even Mourinho out for being cheating scumbags, they’d rather just celebrate the “superstar status” of them and ignore the fact that Ronaldo on a football field doesn’t come close to Messi as a sportsman and Mourinho is half the man Klopp is. Ramos always has been and always will be a hateful cunt who when he boots Messi off the ball or deliberately tries and succeeds in injuring Mo Salah the media just laugh it off as Ramos just being Ramos.

I was intrigued by Ramos, lots of people had mentioned over the years how much of a shitbag he is, didnt matter who they supported....it went over my head a bit, never really paid him much attention.

He was so much of a snide he was almost a walking stereo type for cheating footballers. 

Shit housery of the highest order   

• Upvote 1

But Ramos is a good footballer.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

If people want him for his footballing quality then fair enough. However maybe I’m wrong, but Jairzinho and Grinch for example, seem to imply that they want him here precisely because of his snideness. It’s something that I can’t get my head around.

Ok winners usually like to win at all costs not go "oh well tried and will learn, will do better next time" they lose they're angry and rightly so, more of them please..

Not all winners are like that; Messi, Xabi are quite sporting for example.

That smile after Salah is forced off tells you all you need to know about his intentions (which subsequently enabled Marcelo to bomb forward - prior to the injury he'd stayed back most of the time)

Once Salah was gone he knew Mane was our next biggest threat and was trying at all costs to get him carded/sent off - the sneaky look at Mane before jumping several feet into the air to suggest a bad challenge; the face holding trying to suggest Mane had swiped him across his face

This guy is highly decorated in the sport and will go down as one of the 'greats', but he is and has been one of the biggest cheats in the game and represents almost all I detest about modern football. He's basically a cunt of the highest order, but is rarely called out on it because of who he plays for.

• Upvote 2

Souness was a balls out hardman. Ramos is a snide piece of fucking shit. There's a massive difference.

Souness was just as snide and just as clever.

Had we had someone like Souness yesterday he wouldn't have snapped Ramos in retaliation he would've snapped Ronaldo.

See Souness getting Mcmahon sent off in the Derby for examples of how underhand he could be.

• Upvote 1

He’d get away with all 3 with VAR mate because the Salah incident is an “accident” the Mane one, well looking to see where an opponent is isn’t a crime and then he had his legs “swiped” by the minimal contact on his boot lace and the Karius elbow was a push by Van Dijk. Ramos is an expert at it.

He’s just a horrible cheating cunt who’s been getting away with shit like this for years, the way he’s tried to kick Messi out of matches and stamping on his hand etc shows how much of a prick he is, the fact he’s had a million red cards just shows that he’s learned more and more over time what he needs to do to get away with it, he’ll have the odd ref who won’t put up with it or it’s just too obvious for the ref to turn a blind eye and he has to get sent off.

I honestly feel like these “superstar” footballers get away with so much shit now and get free kicks for fuck all, first 5 minutes Ronaldo’s throwing his arms in the air and screaming at the ref as soon as he’s tackled. Journalists are mostly afraid to call Ronaldo, Ramos and even Mourinho out for being cheating scumbags, they’d rather just celebrate the “superstar status” of them and ignore the fact that Ronaldo on a football field doesn’t come close to Messi as a sportsman and Mourinho is half the man Klopp is. Ramos always has been and always will be a hateful cunt who when he boots Messi off the ball or deliberately tries and succeeds in injuring Mo Salah the media just laugh it off as Ramos just being Ramos.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, my understanding is there will always people watching the VAR screens so if they get angles of the challenge on Salah they may well pull it up, especially as there was a natural stop in the game to tend to the injury.

I honestly think there is a chance with VAR that he sees red for that or simply doesn't do it in the first place in the knowledge it is being watched closely rather than by a referee who has more than enough to watch out for as it is.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, my understanding is there will always people watching the VAR screens so if they get angles of the challenge on Salah they may well pull it up, especially as there was a natural stop in the game to tend to the injury.

I honestly think there is a chance with VAR that he sees red for that or simply doesn't do it in the first place in the knowledge it is being watched closely rather than by a referee who has more than enough to watch out for as it is.

I think the point is though that how can you prove it was his intention to injure him, he’ll just say that arms got tangled as they were falling, if you don’t take into consideration who it was making the foul you’d say that it was an unfortunate incident that ended with our man getting injured but knowing it was Ramos you and I know it was 99% intentional. It’s disgusting and he knew exactly what he was doing but he’d never get a red card for that, if Mo (and he never initially went off) never got injured he’d never in a million years even get booked for that. It’s only with hindsight knowing Salah could miss a World Cup that it’s a red card. For example if Mo immediately went off injured and VAR deemed it intentional then there’s a slight possibility that he could have walked for it but when Mo plays on even for a 5 minutes then their mind is made up that it wasn’t that bad and Salah’s back up and running, they can’t go back when he goes off injured and say Ramos your off aswell.

Put it this way if Van Dijk pulled Ronaldo down like that and Ronaldo got back up and carried on playing we’d all be fuming if he got sent off for it.

If Van Dijk had done it to Ronaldo I guess we would be a bit "shit happens"

What damns Ramos is he has form for this kind of thing

If Van Dijk did that to Ronaldo he'd have gotten a caution at the least and I'll venture to say he'd have been sent off. Ronaldo is the poster boy of the "most glorious club in Champion's League history". There's not a fucking chance someone takes him out, even accidentally without some repercussions.

I hate that this shit is necessary but as I said in the match thread when the officials aren't doing anything about this behavior the only real solution is to match them in the same way. The main issue with that is it seems there is a set of rules for certain teams and beyond that certain players and then another for everyone else. We're not in the former grouping, for now anyway.