You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pink Floyd

Dark side carries through the ages.

I can recall my old man playing it when I was a nipper, it helped me through college nights of revision and reflection at 18 and continues to this day as an album to define your mood for that day- it stops you in your tracks  

Not a fan of prog, but have to admit I like a listen to Meddle every now and again.  Not too long, pretty laid back, manages to sit neatly on the precipice of it's own arse without completely disappearing up it. 

Day off work but up early cos I've a doctor's appointment at 9am. Stroll down to see my doc but all the IT is down in the surgery, but my GP is a smashing fella so we just sit chatting about his new digs, my weekend and also about the big one this Saturday.

Stroll back home, feeling fucking great, cup of strong sweet coffee and...oh yes, Pink Floyd Echos best of album is now getting the business for the first time on my new cd player.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond and the sax solo has just come in and a can actually feel the glorious woodniness of the sax reverberating through the floor and my bare feet, the couch, my hands and arse.

Absolutely chilled tae fuck floating on cloud 9 here, just waiting for some random PPI twat to ruin it.

• Upvote 4

Day off work but up early cos I've a doctor's appointment at 9am. Stroll down to see my doc but all the IT is down in the surgery, but my GP is a smashing fella so we just sit chatting about his new digs, my weekend and also about the big one this Saturday.

Stroll back home, feeling fucking great, cup of strong sweet coffee and...oh yes, Pink Floyd Echos best of album is now getting the business for the first time on my new cd player.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond and the sax solo has just come in and a can actually feel the glorious woodniness of the sax reverberating through the floor and my bare feet, the couch, my hands and arse.

Absolutely chilled tae fuck floating on cloud 9 here, just waiting for some random PPI twat to ruin it.

Whilst that sounds all rather pleasurable, for me, Pink Floyd really weaves its magic at night.

Breakfast Floyd could see the day taking all manner of twists and turns    

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This caught my eye the other day.

206lesj.jpg

"But after 67 days in court, we still do not know what snapped in the mind of Henri van Breda to make turn on his family with an axe, leaving a bloody trail in his wake."

The chord change in Us and Them, around the 48 sec mark is a thing of beauty. Not sure what it is (Faug maybe) but it gives me a big steaming erection.

Incredible song, in my top 5 floyd tracks for certain. Doesn't give me a steaming erection but makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The neighbours are currently being treated to it at dangerous volume

Animals all day long for me, the most punky and angry prog album ever made. Sheep remains my favourite Floyd track, mainly for the searing Gilmour outro. It also has Waters at his lyrical best, he absolutely snarls on Pigs (Three Different Ones).  

• Upvote 1