You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

As the youngest most inexperienced player in the team, he will have been targeted by default I would have thought.

Part of becoming a premier league player methinks; it's sink or swim time.  It's not like he didn't know this was coming.  It's all part of the rite of passage that kids have to go through.

Exactly. Its a bit naive to think oppos do not work on specific weaknesses of the team they are playing.

I was reading Dyche's comments last night.

He said they targeted us on two weakness which were set pieces and Trent's ability in the air. I thought it was a bit of a shithouse thing to say in public but it will definitely have brought it to the attention of others who will now try to do the same. That puts him under a lot of pressure.

I don't blame a manager for saying this at all,its fair game at this level. What I do hate is this 2 and 3 tier PL where the financially weaker teams who try to play decent football but risk being relegated are pushed into going back to the route one style to stay up. You cannot blame a team for doing what they can to get points but can blame their 'bigger' status opponents for not having the nouse to beat them. As for TAA,he is a well paid young man doing a job millions of people would kill to do so crying 'its not fair to target him' is a bit embarrassing for somebody in his position. He either toughens up or finds another job.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With every game, he shows that he's destined for a role in midfield.

His decision-making off the ball is still quite poor at times, makes daft passes around our box that usually come off but are still hugely risky, but going forward ... all kinds of quality. What a strike he showed tonight.

He’s an attacking threat and a bit too often a defensive liability.

Apart from Gerrard and Aurelio he’s the best crosser of a ball we’ve had the last 15-20 years. Absolutely brilliant. Seems to have a good shot in him too, which is very welcome. At set pieces he’s shown his quality, and should take far more corners and free kicks than he’s been allowed to do so far. Improve his defending, and we could have a world class right back in a few years.