You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa chatting plop

Brownie

Right i'm mad, thats obvious for all to see. I will probably calm down later but what Rafa has said after the games has annoyed me.

He said, and I quote him directly on this, "Harry played very well today".

Rafael Benitez said there were positives he could take from Liverpool's defeat at Chelsea and felt there were signs from his team that they will start to win away from home soon.

The Liverpool manager felt his team were a lot better against Chelsea than their last two away matches.

Benitez said: "In my opinion the last two away games we were bad against Manchester United and Olympiacos. Today we were strong and we had good opportunities. I also felt we controlled the game at times but when you do that you need to score a goal.

"We had a lot of free-kicks in good positions but didn't make the most of them but I felt we were better against a good side in Chelsea. Of our last three away games two of them have been against the best three sides in the Premiership in Arsenal and Manchester United.

"I was happy with the five changes I made and I played Harry up front because I wanted us to keep the ball in attack. I thought Harry played very well.

"We are playing well at home but we need to start winning away from home. The players are working hard in training and maybe in one to two months we will be a lot better."

Responding to a question about Djibril Cisse's displays so far Benitez said: "Sometimes he plays well, other times not so well. He can improve."

Rafael Benitez said there were positives he could take from Liverpool's defeat at Chelsea and felt there were signs from his team that they will start to win away from home soon.....

Pretty fair assessment I'd say - he shuffled the pack around and made some departures from the obvious. Not bad to lose by one goal to last years (improving) second place team. Thought we were fairly tight at the back bar a couple of lapses. I thought we were going to get completely stuffed after the Olympiakos game.

I disagree mate, can't see any reason why Diao was picked ahead of Hamann - he offered nothing. Traore was ok for him but that in itself is nothing to get excited about.

Kirkland and Cisse were ok but since when is ok been good enough? We were just plain awful.

I hate to be so negative, and i'm not usually so brash in my criticisms, but I have to do a Roy Walker and 'say what I see'. The two 'performances' we've seen this week are unrivalled in their mediocrity since i've been watching us.

We had one shot on target in two games. One. That is terrible.

I disagree mate, can't see any reason why Diao was picked ahead of Hamann - he offered nothing.

I'm not saying Rafa was right to pick Diao, but i see his point (what i think is his point anyway). Both Hamann and Alonso like to sit deep and direct the play, and for this match we couldnt expect to have a lot of the ball, so Diao was put in to make som tackles and try and win the midfield battle.

I am a huge Rafa fan and given time he will get it right but lets be honest so far he has fucked up badly with team selections for all the away games bar spurs.

if Houllier had fucked up this badly we'd all want him shot.

At the end of the day it great making strange team selections but they have got to work or your gonna get stick but he did this at Valencia as well

Guest howartj

Problem - A need to break up opposition attacks and retain possession

Solution - Dietmar Hamman

Stu, if i'd have said that i'd have been called a cretin!!!! These are the doubts i was raising!!!

Rafa has been in the job what 2-3 months.

Surely he has the right to see every player in the squad in a game situation to value there worth to the team for the future.

Players will be judged by there performences and either kept or discarded as appropriate.

Therefore the type of performence we got yesterday will happen, we just have to keep the faith until Rafa sorts it out.

Rafa has been in the job what 2-3 months.

Surely he has the right to see every player in the squad in a game situation to value there worth to the team for the future.

Players will be judged by there performences and either kept or discarded as appropriate.

Therefore the type of performence we got yesterday will happen, we just have to keep the faith until Rafa sorts it out.

Huhrah - spot on.