You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cycling

Nah, I meant during the day, while you're riding

I'm just eating what I can buy while I'm out. Mainly flapjacks.

I imagine he is eating EVERYTHING.

Feel a bit lame talking about my ride on the weekend in the presence of Dougie really.com

Don't thi k like that mate. This is very much a venture into the unknown for me. As I'm sure Cath will back me up on, I'm certainly no expert. I was wavering on 13 stone when I left home and very unfit. This is Either going to be a great achievement for me or a very expensive lesson of failure.

Anyway. Day 10 out the way and 73 miles done. Should have been 84 but I went my own more direct route today. On to Inveraray tomorrow.

And will you fuckers stop talking in kilometres.

I'm just eating what I can buy while I'm out. Mainly flapjacks. Don't thi k like that mate. This is very much a venture into the unknown for me. As I'm sure Cath will back me up on, I'm certainly no expert. I was wavering on 13 stone when I left home and very unfit. This is Either going to be a great achievement for me or a very expensive lesson of failure.

Anyway. Day 10 out the way and 73 miles done. Should have been 84 but I went my own more direct route today. On to Inveraray tomorrow.

Would you have a word with yourself! How can you even use the word 'failure' when you have taken on a challenge like this? Not many people would even contemplate what you are actually doing

• Upvote 1

Tits and belly mate. One of the first things I'm going to do when I get home is weigh myself. I reckon I've lost at least half a stone. It'd be more but I'm living on pub grub and Guinness.

Talking of Guinness......

That's my point, you have no fucking tits.

I'd have made a move if you did!

And fuck off with beer gut. Rasher would call you a skinny streak of piss.

On a serious note mate, I appreciate this challenge was for you but once you've completed it would you not want to open a collection page for your favourite charity?

That's some fucking achievement you're accomplishing.

The same thought had crossed my mind. I'd happily threw in a few quid

Good work, DD. Nice to just set off and do something for yourself like that.

My 4 mile, each way, commute is getting easier. I had last week off as my sciatica was playing up but I'm doing 3 days cycling in to work a week on average. It's not that far but there's about 400ft difference between work and home so whilst it's a breeze going in, it's tough going coming home for someone that hasn't cycled much for the last decade.

Hoping to start going out at a weekend or taking a longer route home as I build up more stamina.

Dougie Do'ins, on 15 Sept 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

I'm just eating what I can buy while I'm out. Mainly flapjacks.

Don't thi k like that mate. This is very much a venture into the unknown for me. As I'm sure Cath will back me up on, I'm certainly no expert. I was wavering on 13 stone when I left home and very unfit. This is Either going to be a great achievement for me or a very expensive lesson of failure.

Rule number 24.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

On a serious note mate, I appreciate this challenge was for you but once you've completed it would you not want to open a collection page for your favourite charity?

That's some fucking achievement you're accomplishing.

No mate. I'm not going to do it after the event. I made a donation to charity Celtic run for allowing me in for that photo. That'll do for me.