You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

I disagree, the anwser, besides having good forwards, is the likes of Mane and Gotze. Midfielders who run in behind the defense. Both of them are +10 goals a season players, both of them move a lot which is key. I do agree we could use someone who is good at taking free kicks though, i fucking cringe when Henderson steps up to take them. But i guess we were spoiled with Gerrard and then Suarez.

You can't run in behind a defence that sits very deep, that's entirely the problem!

United overcame this problem to an extent through thundering at teams from the first whistle and rattling them and quite often scoring early which meant the opposition had no choice but to come out a bit.

I can see the logic in it. Our main pull to Goetze is Klopp, and we've had five managers in the last seven seasons, so why would he come to work with a man who may not have a guarantee of being here beyond the short term? A longer contract offers some assurance that we're building around Klopp, who in term may build around Goetze.

I still don't like his chipmunk face though.

I hope Gotze goes to Spurs, just so I can keep hating his stupid little face.

Seriously though, it would be cool if players were seeing Klopp is here for the long-term and wanted to be a part of it. Can't see it though, players want CL or a stepping stone to a Barca, Bayern, etc. We don't have the former and we don't want to be the latter though.

I still think we can be successful and challenge this season. Last season maybe was a one off, but the two best sides in the league had 2 'world class' players between them and one of them is a goalkeeper. 

• Upvote 1

The Times outdoing themselves in the Bullshit stakes today

A takeover bid by the 47th richest man in China. Who was going to spend a third of his wealth just to buy us.

Then Clyne wants out,disillusioned under Klopp (played nearly every game under him) and was offered to Barca who turned him down as they couldn't afford him or his wages

I hope Gotze goes to Spurs, just so I can keep hating his stupid little face.

Seriously though, it would be cool if players were seeing Klopp is here for the long-term and wanted to be a part of it. Can't see it though, players want CL or a stepping stone to a Barca, Bayern, etc. We don't have the former and we don't want to be the latter though.

Players want money and will come if its paid.

I do think we do the second. Suarez for ine saw us as a step towards Barcelona. I'd imagine Coutinho saw us the same way as will most players.

Christian Benteke has agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace and is desperate to complete his move to Selhurst Park.

Palace and Liverpool are still to finalise an agreement on the transfer fee, with Liverpool holding out for a deal that will recoup the £32million paid to Aston Villa last summer.

But all parties are optimistic a deal will be completed this week, possibly as soon as Monday, as the Eagles finally get the top-level centre-forward they have been looking for while Benteke will become the highest-earning player in the club's history.

Palace have had a successful summer so far, bringing in a new first-choice goalkeeper in French international Steve Mandanda, defensive reinforcements in James Tomkins and another wide attacker, Andros Townsend.

Benteke will compete with Connor Wickham for the starting spot up front, while the coaching staff aren't ruling out playing a 4-4-2 in the coming season with either Wickham or Yannick Bolasie playing off the Belgian.

That's not how it works though.

I know standard procedure is to wait till next summer where will monitor, aggressively monitor etc then buy him for £35m but fuck it go wild and get him now, he's looked excellent everytime I've seen him play, which I admit it's not a lot. Bayern want him back too so he must be pretty well thought of, similarly to Can.

Gotze out of the question

That should put an end to that one, then.

Liverpool are out of the race to sign Mario Gotze, with Jurgen Klopp losing interest in the Bayern Munich man.

It is understood Klopp is now happy with his attacking options after signing Sadio Mane from Southampton, leaving Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham and whoever else wants Gotze to fight it out.