You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Dahoud looks dead to me, he won't sign a contract and BMG won't sell after losing 2 other midfielders, unless he's deadset on signing for us he'll have another good season and Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona or one of the Premiership teams will want him and probably get him for less than we're offering now because of his refusal to sign a new deal. It's now or never with him I'd guess and BMG won't sell this summer. I hope I'm wrong because him and Can could develop into a brilliant partnership for club and country

I think there's still a hope.

Would BMG wait for Bayern, Dortmund or Barcelona to get him for less next season with his contract almost up?

Since he's stalling on a new contract they may well drag it out to the end of the window, if not £25m would be a tempting offer for a player who seems to want to move on.

Was there a reason why we waited until Gladbach had sold xhakha and Nordveit before we seem to really push for Dahoud?

We've either not offered enough to wrap it up early or (probably) been fucking about playing it cool only to look soft now Arsenal and West Ham have got there business done and were left trying to convince a team to completely dismantle their midfield and start from scratch.

I think there's still a hope.

Would BMG wait for Bayern, Dortmund or Barcelona to get him for less next season with his contract almost up?

Since he's stalling on a new contract they may well drag it out to the end of the window, if not £25m would be a tempting offer for a player who seems to want to move on.

They might be thinking they can get him to sign a new contract during the season. German clubs don't seem to buckle under the pressure of a player wanting out either.

Was there a reason why we waited until Gladbach had sold xhakha and Nordveit before we seem to really push for Dahoud?

We've either not offered enough to wrap it up early or (probably) been fucking about playing it cool only to look soft now Arsenal and West Ham have got there business done and were left trying to convince a team to completely dismantle their midfield and start from scratch.

Nordveidt was a free transfer I think and Xhakha had a min release clause so they were unable to stop them leaving either way.

Nordveidt was a free transfer I think and Xhakha had a min release clause so they were unable to stop them leaving either way.

Xhaka did have a buyout clause, but it didn't become active until summer 2017, Arsenal paid around £10m more than the buyout figure, essentially stealing a march on what would of been a lengthy list of suitors. Your point still stands though, BMG were between a rock and a hard place, they just decided to accept £10m more now than what they would of received in a years time. Nordveidt was indeed on a free.

Dahoud is the only one they have a modicum of control over, although I still think he may end up leaving.

Seeming more and more likely that we are going to sign nobody in midfield and that this will be our downfall next season.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

a978f300964c5510_tumblr_inline_o9et7mySu

With just under two months to go, those comments seem a tad premature. 

If this Dahoud fella is that good and we potentially miss losing out on him next summer then would it be wise to buy him and loan him back to gladbach and keeping Allen for the remainder of his contract. That would seem the sensible option to me given that most reports are suggesting we will be back in for him next summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just copy-paste one of these replies, depending on what stage of the window we're at:

"The window hasn't even opened yet"

"The player's on holiday / at a tournament"

"There's no need to panic, we've got x weeks left"

"Yes, ideally we'd have got our business done early but we need to sell first"

"It's good that we aren't being held to ransom"

"We'll get someone in January"

• Upvote 4

If this Dahoud fella is that good and we potentially miss losing out on him next summer then would it be wise to buy him and loan him back to gladbach and keeping Allen for the remainder of his contract. That would seem the sensible option to me given that most reports are suggesting we will be back in for him next summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem with that being we need him NOW.

As mentioned, alot of window remaining in which to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not expecting any more nailed-on starters like Mane, left to arrive this window.

Young left back, one or two young CM's, possible Sakho emergency cover.

Is mane a nailed on starter? I expect him to get his share of games, but I don't see him as a nailed on starter at all.

Is mane a nailed on starter? I expect him to get his share of games, but I don't see him as a nailed on starter at all.

I reckon so. Unless he falls out with Klopp like he did his last manager.

He's the big money summer signing. Klopp wanted him as much as rest of TC. One of stars of a better team than us. There have been hints he can play striker if necessary. Pace. He can play wide better than anyone else we have. He's not Ibe. He can do a shoot.

I reckon so. Unless he falls out with Klopp like he did his last manager.

He's the big money summer signing. Klopp wanted him as much as rest of TC. One of stars of a better team than us. There have been hints he can play striker if necessary. Pace. He can play wide better than anyone else we have. He's not Ibe. He can do a shoot.

So the 30m piece, we'll that's like about 15m last season, so I'm not sure he is a big money signing in that sense, like we've just got a superstar. I think mane's best position is wide right. Lallana is currently there and one of klopp's favourites. I can see mane starting the season as klopp has suggested the players at the euros will be behind fitness wise, but once it's a level playing field, I just don't see mane as the out and out quality to keep lallana out of the team (and I'm not a lallana fan). I can see them sharing that role through the season.

So the 30m piece, we'll that's like about 15m last season, so I'm not sure he is a big money signing in that sense, like we've just got a superstar. I think mane's best position is wide right. Lallana is currently there and one of klopp's favourites. I can see mane starting the season as klopp has suggested the players at the euros will be behind fitness wise, but once it's a level playing field, I just don't see mane as the out and out quality to keep lallana out of the team (and I'm not a lallana fan). I can see them sharing that role through the season.

You can buy competition for Lallana for much cheaper by not buying from direct rivals though.

I think we got him because Gotze turned us down after the Europa final and that we see him similarly as someone who could play any of the attacking positions in a 4231 or 433.