Quantcast
Jordan Henderson: World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool - Page 190 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson: World, European and Premier League Winning Captain of Liverpool

Well in Jordan lad. An apology.  I was wrong about Jordan, when this thread was created I agreed with Dennis and said Henderson is fucking useless, not worth a fucking walk. I was wrong, I'm very rarely wrong and it's very unlike me to be wrong, in fact I've never been wrong about anything in my entire life but on this one occasion I was wrong ,  Jordan been a role model on and off the pitch and deserves all the acclaim he gets.

• Upvote 2

What a shame he couldn't have been presented with the award in front of a packed St James' Park. A nice little wind-up to finish the season. 

I do like the thought that while half the country can't contain their love and respect for our Captain, the other half are seething in their own boiled piss.

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I do like the thought that while half the country can't contain their love and respect for our Captain, the other half are seething in their own boiled piss.

Divisive.

10 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Any update on injury ? 

I'm hearing its still a bit toight.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Whats the absolute legend done now? He was superb at the weekend. We don't half miss him when he doesn't play. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats the absolute legend done now? He was superb at the weekend. We don't half miss him when he doesn't play. 

Talked about bending the offside lines on VAR.

Criticised him loads in past....for sideways passing, for not taking things by scruff of the neck - even called him a coward before for playing too safely.

Happy to say he is never guilty of those things in my eyes these days - he has developed into a good leader, a fine player and it is great to see.

If we can keep Jordan, Thiago and Fabinho/Gini fit as our midfield for 90% of the time we'll still win the league despite missing Virg.

I too was wrong about Hendo . I always thought he had all the skills but his problem was between his ears . He has at last started to fulfill his great potential and I’m delighted. One of the first names on the teamsheet now and rightly so.

I honestly think he’s technically better than ever before as well.  His passing, dribbling and movement were great on the weekend.  It felt like about 15 mins before Thiago touched the ball as they were trying to cut off the passing lanes to him.  It didn’t matter because Hendo was getting about and demanding the ball himself.  They had to turn start picking him up more which meant Thiago started getting on the ball.

Told yous he was ace! Sure when he arrived I think he was overawed. Always remember one of his first games at Anfield. He was one on one with the oppos keeper at the Annie Road end but he didnt have the confidence to take the keeper on, tried to pass it square to a red shirt and fucked it up.

Ive always likened Hendo to Ronnie Whelan who used to get loads of stick for being the team's water carrier. Loads of fans including the 2 who sit next to me, seemed to hold it against Hendo he was not Stevie. Just like Jurgen said.

The biggest criticism about Hendo apart from his lack of goals has been this sideways passing shit. Everyone in the team can pass it backwards and sideways but not Hendo. He's the only one and like Whelan, he was making sure we kept possession and not aimlessly booting it forward.

Im made up for the lad that he was the one who got to lift the first league title in 30 years and number 6 before that.

• Upvote 3

Always unfairly compared to Gerrard but one area he has him absolutely beat is his tactical discipline and he breathes that in to the team when he plays. We’d never look at him to go out and win us a game singlehandedly but when he plays he inspires that ability in others. Great player.

• Downvote 1