You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

I love Bobby. His technique for his goal last night was sublime. He made it look a simple finish but watch it. He does not break step there is virtually no lift of his leg and drives the ball into the back of the net with the inside of his foot. Quite sublime.

Hopefully Jurgen will rest a number of players for the 2nd leg with the visit to Old Trafford 4 days later. Maybe Jurgen can wind up Mourinho doing that and get him riles by claiming Liverpool were able to rest players before the game.

I think most people’s idea is that he was very good as a number 10 in Germany, having him doing half of that plus another forward replacing him and scoring the same would benefit the team more. But it’s also about options. Against teams who sit deep and don’t attack us, playing Bobby in between the lines with somebody ahead of him and Mane and Salah wide gives us a different option. It also allows rotation.

It’s how you get closer to the league, mate.

Nah, don’t see it. We’re going to score more goals this season than any other in the history of the club.

Firmino is going to get 30 playing centre forward and a truck load of assists.

Having that view at the start of the season I understand. Now it’s just ignoring the evidence.

• Upvote 4

Nah, don’t see it. We’re going to score more goals this season than any other in the history of the club.

Firmino is going to get 30 playing centre forward and a truck load of assists.

Having that view at the start of the season I understand. Now it’s just ignoring the evidence.

Ah well, we’ve got a good old fashioned disagreement then, mate. I have other evidence, and fixing it doesn’t stop us playing Firmino wherever we want, it gives many more options and allows us to rotate more. We can’t look at the league and look at all the draws and think we can’t improve.

Our team is set up to use the attack. The attackers benefit from that, but they can’t play all the games and we can’t rely - as evidenced by the league - on the same side to break teams down all the time. We should be well clear in second. Not wanting to have another player in there who has similar quality but offers different attributes is, in my view, unwise.

Retarded to suggest changing formation and adding another forward, as if that wouldn't negatively effect the output of Mane, Salah and Firmino.  Hey just add Harry Kane and we can take his goals and keep all ours!!!

No other words for it.   Mostly this opinion is held by fuckwits that banged on and on about how 20 goals before March Roberto Firmino isn't a forward.  For added comedy effect they talked about dropping him for Solanke and playing 30 goals before March Mo Salah as a chalk on the boots winger.

Thankfully we've got a manager who isn't a complete tit.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Jesus Christ. Look at the way you’re interacting with other humans, mate. Our front three can absolutely have quality added to it, and it can be more versatile. It doesn’t make me an idiot.

I didn't even have you in mind when I wrote that.

Hysterical fanny.

Retarded to suggest changing formation and adding another forward, as if that wouldn't negatively effect the output of Mane, Salah and Firmino.  Hey just add Harry Kane and we can take his goals and keep all ours!!!

No other words for it.   Mostly this opinion is held by fuckwits that banged on and on about how 20 goals before March Roberto Firmino isn't a forward.  For added comedy effect they talked about dropping him for Solanke and playing 30 goals before March Mo Salah as a chalk on the boots winger.

Yup.

Has any team ever had two players score 30 goals each in a season ?

Firmino and Salah have scored 50 odd between them and we're only two thirds of the way through the season.

That's fucking mind boggling.  And we paid around £60 million for the pair.  They'd both have to be in the £100 million bracket now. 

In some of our best games this season, we played 4-4-1-1... Maribor away, Stoke away, West Ham away. Firmino would excel in that Roberto Baggio role behind the main striker IMO. He certainly did for Hoffenheim behind Kevin Volland, I can’t see why he wouldn’t... say behind an Aubameyang for example.