You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Ideally we go 3-0 4-0 8-0 up against Southampton with an hour left and we can take him off and see if Ings or Solanke are capable of anything.

We can't just burn Firmino into the ground and be left in a position where Ings or Solanke has to play a series of crucial games in the League and CL in March/April. I'd rather find out now if they can least play the odd game and not be a complete waste of space.

• Upvote 1

Roberto Firmino says Liverpool have managed without Philippe Coutinho with “no problems”.

The Brazilian pair remain close friends despite Coutinho’s £142million switch to Barcelona last month.

And ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Porto in the Champions League tomorrow, Firmino was asked about Liverpool without Coutinho

“Of course, Coutinho is a great player but we’ve substituted him with no problems,” said Firmino. “Everybody has a greater responsibility but that’s our job, to deal with that responsibility.”

Firmino, who has forged an almost telepathic understanding with Mohamed Salah, was also asked about his Egyptian team-mate.

“I’ll do what I can to help him, the team and also myself,” said Firmino.

Asked if Porto will be afraid of Liverpool, he said: “I don’t know if they are going to be afraid or not but we will make their life difficult for sure. We will make them suffer.

“They are an excellent team with tradition in the Champions League. It is going to be a tough game and we will have to play our best tomorrow.”

Firmino has scored six goals in six games in Europe this season and only Cristiano Ronaldo has netted more.

“I only focus on doing a good game and if you do a good game then the goals will appear. By giving my maximum to the team, I can be up alongside those players,” said Firmino, who will join hisLiverpool team-mates on a training camp in Marbella on Thursday.

“We are going to be playing tomorrow Valentine’s Day. The camp is to prepare ourselves and the team for the next oncoming games and to be prepared for the Premier League,” added Firmino."

There was a concern that Bobby would struggle without Coutinho but he's continued to show the great form he's been in all season, he may even improve without being in Coutinho's shadow. I genuinely believe Firminio is capable of going to to an even higher level.

Roberto Firmino was discovered by a dentist.

Yes – this brilliant fact is genuine and not an internet rumour.

Bobby’s teeth are the whitest of any footballer/human we’ve ever seen (bar Ross in that episode of Friends where he overdoes the Hollywood treatment) – so perhaps it’s on the advice of the man who first noticed his talent!

Marcellus Portella, a full-time dentist in Brazil, has confirmed as much…

The practitioner saw Firmino at local side Clube de Regatas Brasil and was blown away by his ability – even if nobody else was at the time.

Firmino-teeth.jpeg

“When I saw him play for the first time, I could see that he was a very talented player,” Portella said, reported in the Mirror. 

“But no one was interested in him. When I said that one day he would represent the national team, they told me I was crazy.”

Despite being a dentist, Portella quickly became Firmino’s agent and got him trials at Figueirense – for whom he’d eventually sign and break into the first-team.

After two seasons in Brazil though, Hoffenheim snapped him up and he eventually established himself as their key player, before moving to Liverpool in 2015.

Roberto-Firmino-Brazil.jpg