You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

JP sweetie... You know when you said you were bang on...

Can I just point out that the game that Stevie was referring to was played on Sunday 1st Sept 2013....

The game you were bang on about was played on Sunday 22nd March 2015..

a7b.gif

• Upvote 4

I think he "likes" being a footballer, I think he would "love" to be a rapper and be hanging with Drake and Chris Brown in LA.

Let me remind you want Stevie said in his book...

Our shared past with United was so tangled, so embittered, it consumed me. I was always desperate to play against them, even if there had been more defeats than victories. It seemed different for Daniel Sturridge.

My memories of that game are dominated by the build-up, and Daniel feeling he was touch and go in terms of his fitness and desire to play. Facing Man U without Luis (Suarez) was tough enough, but if we lost Daniel as well, most of our ammunition would be gone.

We stayed at the Hope Street Hotel and had our usual team walk before the match, I positioned myself so that I walked next to Daniel for the whole 15 minutes. I had to try to persuade him to play.

Daniel is one of those people you have to boost sometimes with a "Come on! You're our main man, just go for it!". You never needed to say that to Luis. It was as if he was indestructible. Luis doesn't really do treatment rooms, that's the Suarez mentality, he's run through a brick wall for you.

It was yet another of my tasks as captain, but I was probably more like a fan on the walk trying to persuade Daniel, eventually begging him to play. "Alright", Daniel said, "I'll give it a go". At last I could turn my attention to United.

That's mad.

Dan, it's United? You used to play for City? You now play for Liverpool? It's 100 years today since Shankly's birth? You've already scored two successive winners for us? I'm Steven Gerrard and I'm going out of my way to talk you into playing for the five time European Champions at Anfield, against United, live on TV on Sunday afternoon?

• Upvote 3

It's so bizarre. Wouldn't shock me if Sturridge announced he's retiring so he can undergo a gender transition and become the woman he dreamed of being since he was a little boy.

Transphobe!

If he decides he's a woman but doesn't get any operations, can he still play for us?

He'll perk up in the Spring ahead of the Euro Finals.

The summer, France, England will only play a few games, so not too demanding,world wide coverage, commercial endorsements - he is going to be up for that, surely?

Marseille and St Etienne will be nice and warm in June too.

What's the odds of him breaking down again with another 'niggle' 9 days from now...

Of course he needs to be physically fit to do his job but I bet in every day life parlance it's as ridiculous as me frequently ringing in work to have a day off every couple of weeks because I have a bit of a sniffle.