You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Hull

mouse1989

I would start either Borini or Lambert just to give the opponent something to actually think about. At least Borini does run around a bit and Lambert is always looking to pass the ball, I had enough of the neither run nor pass from Balotelli. 

Gerrard should be dropped as well, 3 games in a week is definitely too much for him to handle. Probably looking at Lucas starting, or Can, or neither. Really wants to give Sterling a rest but i doubt we can afford it, hope (fat hope) we can have the game settled in 60mins and sub him out.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Balotelli to not be involved at all, I don't even think he'll be on the bench. Something went on last night, he didn't even come back out the second half to watch the team and Brendan didn't look too shocked when told about the shirt swapping. He's bound to have come in the changing room Madrid shirt in hand.

This is his last chance at a big club he's said so himself so what is he playing at? Looks like he's already caused a rift and whilst he's not performing I can't see Rodgers persisting any further.

I'd go:

Mignolet

Manquillo

Lovren

Skrtel (by default, thought he was terrible last night)

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Lallana

Interchange the midfield 3 as to who is the deeper.

3-1 I'm expecting us to have a bit of fight for this one, with something to prove.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 1h

1 hour ago

Glen Johnson calls for an immediate response to Real Madrid defeat from #LFC this Saturday: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/173036-johnson-move-on-and-respond-with-a-win

I've been waiting for an immediate response from you for the last 18 months, you useless, toilet seat robbing, half hearted fucking shithouse.

Was there a more depressing contrast last night than watching Johnson and Arbeloa play on the same pitch, knowing we tried to replace one with the other.

Jones for Mig is not a bad suggestion. Jones isn't a great keeper but all keepers going through a shit spell sometimes need to be dropped for them to wake the fuck up.

It would make no difference with Mignolet, he wouldn't come back and suddenly be brilliant, he just isn't a very good goalkeeper, if Valdes comes in then Mignolet has very few games left in his Liverpool career anyway.

I'm at the rugby on Saturday, so we'll put in our best game of the season.

Need to win though, that's for sure.

Mig

Manquillo

Skrtel

Lovren

Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Lallana

Then Tues;

Mig

Johnson

Toure

Sakho

Smith

Lucas

Can

Lallana

Coutinho

Yesil

Borini

You want him sacked, don't you?

I think that team would get a result.

It has enough of a mixture of solidity and experience in the middle that we can limit the amount of space and clear openings that Hull create. It's also got pacey wing backs to provide width, a lot of energy, a physical prescence to be a threat from set-pieces and the touch of class Gerrard provides without him being pinned down in our half. It's not a long-term answer, by any means, but it will be enough to see Hull off.

I think that team would get a result.

It has enough of a mixture of solidity and experience in the middle that we can limit the amount of space and clear openings that Hull create. It's also got pacey wing backs to provide width, a lot of energy, a physical prescence to be a threat from set-pieces and the touch of class Gerrard provides without him being pinned down in our half. It's not a long-term answer, by any means, but it will be enough to see Hull off.

I think the front three would end up being a completely different entity to the rest of the team, the midfield two would get overrun, and none of the back five would know how they should be playing in a back five.

I should admit that I absolutely detest playing three/five at the back.

I think the front three would end up being a completely different entity to the rest of the team, the midfield two would get overrun, and none of the back five would know how they should be playing in a back five.

I should admit that I absolutely detest playing three/five at the back.

I think Lallana would drop back to make it a midfield 3, when we don't have the ball, he's busy enough that he'll also manage to quickly release Sterling and link the midfield to the attack.