You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

It's interesting reading the case, and it's hard to have any sympathy for him if it played out like it's alleged. The whole case centres around two guy's (McDonald and Evan's) the girl was completely out of it and thought she'd had her drink spiked. McDonald met her in a pizza shop and took her back to a Premier Inn, he texted Evan's saying "got a bird" then took her up to his room. McDonald is having sex with her when Evan's shows up at the Premier Inn about 10 minutes later and proceeds to have sex with her as well. Two friends stood outside the window and filmed it on their phones. Evan's ran off through the fire escape after the incident and the girl woke up the next day naked in a hotel room not being able to remember what happened. 

So the concept that Evan's pulled this girl and she was a bit too drunk to consent is complete nonsense, the case was calculated and he knew he'd done wrong, hence the filming of the girl and the escape.

The actual text was "I am with a girl" which has quite different connotations. 

I've read a bit more about this today and I can't believe he was convicted. He's basically been found guilty on the fact that she says she can't remember and he says that he did have sex with her. Evans and his mate Clayton had extremely similar testimonies which both stated that the girl consented.

I've no doubt he's a bit of a twat, but it seems a crazy conviction.

Any songs for him? What about Apeman by The Kinks:-

He's a rapeman, he's a rape rapeman

No, he's a Rapeman

Well, he's a nasty man, he's a rapey man

No, he's a rapeman

Spaceman, Babylon 5.

Rapeman, I always wanted you to go, down for Rape, man.

• Upvote 1

Can you make that collection of words into a sentence?

No problem my rapist sympathiser friend. Was the footage that the two gentleman who were said to be filming the rape used at the trial? One would assume that it might reveal an insight in to how the events unfolded. If however, the footage had been mysteriously lost, it may imply a bit of ass covering.

No problem my rapist sympathiser friend. Was the footage that the two gentleman who were said to be filming the rape used at the trial? One would assume that it might reveal an insight in to how the events unfolded. If however, the footage had been mysteriously lost, it may imply a bit of ass covering.

Well, fuck you. I do not sympathise with rapists.

No, the footage had no discernible content.

In a day and age where we have Geordie Shore, girl giving out 2 dozen blowjobs in Maga and all kinds of sordid shit going on, I just find the judges remarks in summing up the guilty verdict incredibly naive: "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated. CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse. When you arrived at the hotel, you must have realised that."

You'd be sending down tens of thousands of lads every weekend if it was a crime to have sex with a woman who stumbled.

I once had this girl in school after me for years and she'd wait until i was bladdered at party's to make her move. I'd be staggering around wasted and she'd be like "NO, i'll look after him" and my mates would have to physically get her away from me. There was a time when i remember her stroking my head in someone's bathroom, she was kissing my ear and whispering sweet nothings to me, and even in an almost paralytic state i thought "this is fucking weird".

It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

• Upvote 2

In a day and age where we have Geordie Shore, girl giving out 2 dozen blowjobs in Maga and all kinds of sordid shit going on, I just find the judges remarks in summing up the guilty verdict incredibly naive: "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated. CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse. When you arrived at the hotel, you must have realised that."

You'd be sending down tens of thousands of lads every weekend if it was a crime to have sex with a woman who stumbled.

So the law should bend to cultural convention...

I don't think the judge is saying she was extremely intoxicated purely because she stumbled.

You've read into it, but have cherry picked one part of the case reporting to suit your argument that she was a bit of a goer who just had regrets the following day.

If you read a bit more the additional information is out there which led to the extreme intoxication finding, such as blood alcohol readings and the fact that she woke up in a puddle of her own piss. Factors which I'm sure the judge and jury were privy to and have considered too, rather than looking at just her stumbling.

Oh dear.

Consent underpins rape. The absence of it makes the offence. If she's smashed, out of it and not capable of giving true and full consent to him doing her, it's a clear cut lack of consent and therefore rape.

Like I said, I barely read anything on the matter. I didn't even know there was another footballer involved or that goons tried filming the act and Evans bailed out the fire-exit until I read this thread. 

He must really be convinced of his innocence if he's willing to go back into football. That or he's deluded or un-phased by the abuse he's going to get. What I don't get is why Sheff utd of all clubs seem so eager to take him back. 

I see his case is also getting fasttracked through the department that deals with miscarriages of justice.

Normally takes 18 months, but this is being expedited as his career is potentially in limbo.

Seems unfair to give him preferential treatment, but when your girlfriend's multimillionaire father is backing you, anythings possible.

Like I said, I barely read anything on the matter. I didn't even know there was another footballer involved or that goons tried filming the act and Evans bailed out the fire-exit until I read this thread.

He must really be convinced of his innocence if he's willing to go back into football. That or he's deluded or un-phased by the abuse he's going to get. What I don't get is why Sheff utd of all clubs seem so eager to take him back.

Or, he just doesn't think he's done anything wrong is a possibility too.