You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

Is he not allowed to work again anywhere in the world? Ever?

According to the Ministry of Justice.... No.

But an MoJ spokesperson said strict conditions imposed on sex offenders "effectively rules out working abroad".

The spokesperson added: "We are determined to have one of the toughest regimes in the world for managing sex offenders, to stop them reoffending and to protect victims.

"Probation officers must give permission for sex offenders on licence to take up new jobs and this includes ensuring they hold regular face to face meetings - this effectively rules out working abroad.

"The offenders will also be subject to strict conditions such as exclusion zones, non-contact orders and having to attend sex offender treatment programmes."

According to the Ministry of Justice.... No.

But an MoJ spokesperson said strict conditions imposed on sex offenders "effectively rules out working abroad".

The spokesperson added: "We are determined to have one of the toughest regimes in the world for managing sex offenders, to stop them reoffending and to protect victims.

"Probation officers must give permission for sex offenders on licence to take up new jobs and this includes ensuring they hold regular face to face meetings - this effectively rules out working abroad.

"The offenders will also be subject to strict conditions such as exclusion zones, non-contact orders and having to attend sex offender treatment programmes."

Saw that and it makes sense from a probation standpoint, it was more the outrage that preceded it.

I'll be honest, I draw the line on Nonces and Rapists.

Id happily have a murderer play for us, if he was boss, but no Savile or Evans in my team.

Me neither, don't get me wrong, but if one wants to fuck off abroad and start again then I don't see why it should remain some kind of national obsession.

Should the Daily Mail employ a private detective to just follow him around all his life and if there's the merest hint he's about to play football again start an online petition and start calling the local mayor for comment?

Nothing nausiates more than faux outrage, and the country seems to be built on it.

Me neither, don't get me wrong, but if one wants to fuck off abroad and start again then I don't see why it should remain some kind of national obsession.

Should the Daily Mail employ a private detective to just follow him around all his life and if there's the merest hint he's about to play football again start an online petition and start calling the local mayor for comment?

Nothing nausiates more than faux outrage, and the country seems to be built on it.

It doesn't bother me if he fucks off to Malta and plays football but there is a point insomuch that he is released early presumably on probation which I assume comes with conditions, 

Just because he is out of prison doesn't mean his sentence is served in full,. 

It doesn't bother me if he fucks off to Malta and plays football but there is a point insomuch that he is released early presumably on probation which I assume comes with conditions,

Just because he is out of prison doesn't mean his sentence is served in full,.

Agreed, I have no problem with that, it was more the Kay Burley promoted anger that he might be going to play abroad.

Good riddance, let him play abroad for fuck's sake, it was some Maltese pub team for fuck's sake not Juventus.

Agreed, I have no problem with that, it was more the Kay Burley promoted anger that he might be going to play abroad.

Good riddance, let him play abroad for fuck's sake, it was some Maltese pub team for fuck's sake not Juventus.

I wasn't aware that Kay Burley had joined the DoJ.

Sky Sports.. the nations moral compass

It didn't sit right with me when the Sheffield United link was first mooted, but they were even trying to torpedo his move to a nothing club in Malta for fuck's sake. Is he not allowed to work again anywhere in the world? Ever?

If it was genuine ire from people personally affected by rape I'd totally understand, but it's the hollier than thou brigade on shite like Loose Women blabbing shit about it. Just fuck off.

If Tommy Smith was totally ostracized from athletics for his 'black power' salute in the 1968 olympic games then why should a convicted rapist be given the green light to carry on playing football?

If Tommy Smith was totally ostracized from athletics for his 'black power' salute in the 1968 olympic games then why should a convicted rapist be given the green light to carry on playing football?

What a fucking random comparison. They have got absolutely nothing to do with each other. It's not even worth looking for parallels. 

• Upvote 1

What a fucking random comparison. They have got absolutely nothing to do with each other. It's not even worth looking for parallels. 

It doesn't matter whether they are related, it's the principle. They were two world class athletes and that throwaway gesture ruined their lives, they both struggled to find work after that point and were discarded immediately for something so innocuous. 

People don't seem to have a problem with Andy Grey not commentating anymore because he said a few sexist jibes or someones career being destroyed because they used a racist word. So we should all suddenly accept Ched Evan's back into the fold because he only walloped a drunk slag against her will, is that what your saying?

Yes.

Fair enough.

The reason why I was asking is that he was described as "unrepentant". To me theres a difference between him being guilty in his own mind and not giving a fuck, and him believing he was stitched up. Whilst the fact of the matter is that a court of law found him guilty, should he be sorry if he maintains he didn't do wrong? I don't see how thats possible.

If he came clean and stopped denying it and apologised to all concerned, would people look more favorably on him continuing his career?

• Upvote 2

SD you get less liberal by the week, there was a time you advocated not even sending criminals to prison.

Sorry, I accidentally negged you for this.

However, you are bang wrong, on all counts.

And no surprise to see those fucking idiots Spy Bee and Bjornebye supporting rapists.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, I accidentally negged you for this.

However, you are bang wrong, on all counts.

And no surprise to see those fucking idiots Spy Bee and Bjornebye supporting rapists.

Supporting a rapist? Your a fucking fat little prick and you rape dogs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why should he play again?

Nobody is stopping him working, people are pissed off he will be getting paid to play football again. No reason he can't get another job. If he was a youth team coach he wouldn't be allowed back into that job and would be expected to make another career for himself so why not here.

I wouldn't be disgusted if we signed a player with a conviction like that

Why should he play again?

Nobody is stopping him working, people are pissed off he will be getting paid to play football again. No reason he can't get another job. If he was a youth team coach he wouldn't be allowed back into that job and would be expected to make another career for himself so why not here.

Why not apply that logic to all jobs?