You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Not singing a striker just cost us the league cup.

Perfectly put.  Embarrassing, really.  Outplayed Chelsea over two legs but don't have anybody who can shoot.

Interesting contrast how Chelsea needed a CM and a striker and went out and got Fabregas and Costa.  Perhaps we could learn from this.....somehow....if only....

Perfectly put.  Embarrassing, really.  Outplayed Chelsea over two legs but don't have anybody who can shoot.

Interesting contrast how Chelsea needed a CM and a striker and went out and got Fabregas and Costa.  Perhaps we could learn from this.....somehow....if only....

Genuine question.

If Henderson heads the ball into the net instead of the hoardings then what would they be pinpointing as the embarrassing thing that put them out of the cup? Given that signing a CM and a Forward (who really should have cost them the match), good as they are, wouldn't have stopped that.

We need more firepower, or the lads here to add it to their game, but tonight was far from embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.

Shelbyville Manhattan: Yes! And marry our cousins.

Jebediah Springfield: I was- wha... what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?

Shelbyville Manhattan: Because they're so attractive. I... I thought that was the whole point of this journey.

Jebediah Springfield: Absolutely not!

Shelbyville Manhattan: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins!

• Upvote 1

Genuine question.

If Henderson heads the ball into the net instead of the hoardings then what would they be pinpointing as the embarrassing thing that put them out of the cup? Given that signing a CM and a Forward (who really should have cost them the match), good as they are, wouldn't have stopped that.

We need more firepower, or the lads here to add it to their game, but tonight was far from embarrassing.

That is the one thing Mustang will agree with you on.

Genuine question.

I just meant the lack of finishing.

The club made it known at the start of the window that they didn't expect to sign anybody. Sure, you'll have read and heard lots of statements about looking at it and seeing if something can be done, but with the club's track record of targets being leaked early, I very much doubt we'll be closing any deals in the couple of days or so that are left of the January window.