You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

They've been fairly honest about the money they aren't willing or able to invest from the start, and how everything was geared towards increasing our sponsorships. If they'd lied, they'd have been cunts, but they were welcomed with open arms after telling the fans exactly what they would do.

Even Purslow knew what their MO would be.

After the other two pricks the Marx brother would have been welcomed with open arms,your right they are great at getting sponsors but they haven't spent without receiving plenty of cash either.

After the other two pricks the Marx brother would have been welcomed with open arms,your right they are great at getting sponsors but they haven't spent without receiving plenty of cash either.

Then more fool us fans. I never wanted them here because they had no money, but I was very much in the minority at the time. People were too busy feeling superior, by mocking the times.

The worst thing for me was when they negotiated down a commitment to build a new stadium, to a commitment to 60k.  

• Upvote 1

We need to be a billionaires plaything to compete.

Sad but true.

I'm not so sure, we've had plenty of money to spend over the last couple of seasons. We're not great in the transfer market full stop and we struggle to attract the very best these days irrespective of funding.

FFP is having an effect despite the oil clubs creative accounting it's still limiting them. Just imagine how much City or PSG would have spent over the last couple of seasons without it.

I'm not so sure, we've had plenty of money to spend over the last couple of seasons. We're not great in the transfer market full stop and we struggle to attract the very best these days irrespective of funding.

FFP is having an effect despite the oil clubs creative accounting it's still limiting them. Just imagine how much City or PSG would have spent over the last couple of seasons without it.

FFP is there to prevent old money being usurped by new money, and to keep everyone fighting within a certain range.  

As ever, we are one injury away from disaster in just about every area of the field.

Henderson, Can, Sakho, Mignolet, Sterling, Markovic. Very damaging if any get injured.

we can cope without any of those. We cant cope without lucas or Sturridge it seems.

lucasness

N. a mysterious, ephemeral quality attributed to a certain type of football player whose talent is questioned and whose presence is vilified until it becomes apparent that he is better than any current alternative in the same shirt. 

Syn. Best of a bad lot.

Ant. Masceranoness.

• Upvote 5

I think people are harsh on Borini. I feel for the lad, he's on a hiding to nothing, the lad would come on leaps and bounds with a 10 game run under his belt and for the crowd to get off his fucking back a little.

Yes he's missed a couple, but he's getting in the right positions time and time again. There's 20 goals a season in that lad, and we're probably never going to see that because we'd rather moan that he isn't Sturridge or Suarez. I think Borini's better than either of those two because (a) he lives and works in Liverpool, and (b) he's fit enough to play in the division at this point in time. That being the case, I suggest we herald him as a messiah because the alternative universe of Lambert and Balotelli is quite frankly a fucking joke.

I think people are harsh on Borini. I feel for the lad, he's on a hiding to nothing, the lad would come on leaps and bounds with a 10 game run under his belt and for the crowd to get off his fucking back a little.

Yes he's missed a couple, but he's getting in the right positions time and time again. There's 20 goals a season in that lad, and we're probably never going to see that because we'd rather moan that he isn't Sturridge or Suarez. I think Borini's better than either of those two because (a) he lives and works in Liverpool, and ( B) he's fit enough to play in the division at this point in time. That being the case, I suggest we herald him as a messiah because the alternative universe of Lambert and Balotelli is quite frankly a fucking joke.

Saying that Borini could get 20 goals a season is just footballing Stockholm syndrome.

• Upvote 2

The reality is we were never going to sign a striker without selling one in the first place. We already have Sturridge, Balotelli, Borini and Lambert atm, not to forget Origi and Aspas are also on our books. Heck, even Sterling can play there. As things stand we could be going into next season with six strikers. That's far too many strikers for a team that play with only one upfront. It's undeniable we could do with a quality striker but it was never realistic to expect anyone to come in without others departing. I was hoping we would let Lambert move to Palace/West Brom, but well, Rodgers seems keen to hang on to dross like him and Johnson.

That said, I did expect us to sign a new keeper considering Jones' injury and more importantly the utter shiteness of our two keepers.

• Upvote 1