You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Is Defoe definitely still quick mate? I must admit, I haven't seen him play footy for ages.

I've only seen little bits of the MLS on Youtube to be honest. He's still got a little burst to get away from defenders and is mobile enough to make runs behind defences which would make him a better option for us

Christ, Defoe. Welcome to mid table mediocrity, they should show some ambition and back 'their' man or fucking sack him. He doesn't deserve the money but if they don't trust him to spend it then they should get rid, what's the point of treading water until the summer.

Just another season lost in transition I suppose

Christ, Defoe. Welcome to mid table mediocrity, they should show some ambition and back 'their' man or fucking sack him. He doesn't deserve the money but if they don't trust him to spend it then they should get rid, what's the point of treading water until the summer.

Just another season lost in transition I suppose

FSG did that with Kenny deciding to sack him pre january and watching us limp without new recruits to two cup finals without the depth to get any consistent league form together and promply sacked him.....6 months after.

You'd think theyd have had used that time to organise a replacement but all thse 'clever' cunts did was work through a list of the managers who got promoted the previous year from div 1 (martinez lambert and rodgers) since theyre the managers in the prem on the smallest wages and least likely to reject a clueless bunch of hedge fund cunts imposing moneyball and fit descriptives like 'upside' 'potential' and 'big margin' the USAans like that sort of shpeel

I've only seen little bits of the MLS on Youtube to be honest. He's still got a little burst to get away from defenders and is mobile enough to make runs behind defences which would make him a better option for us

He spends more time offside than Cisse ever did.

From the goss page of today's Indie:

Liverpool have made a permanent offer for Bayern Munich midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri  with the Switzerland international's other suitors only offering loan switches according to the Daily Star.

What's a permanent offer - 1 euro a year for 40 million years?

It's understandable though isn't it? Why would you give him money to sign a striker when he's already got three of his own.

Convienient for them really isn't it. Keep him in place and people can understand why he won't be given any money OR sack him, pay him off and have to give a new manager funds for January, it's a no brainer really for our owners who have now got their 3rd set up in place for transfers and once again it is a complete clusterfuck.

• Upvote 2

Tony Pulis has admitted that keeping West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League is the biggest challenge of his managerial career – and the Midlands club are not ruling out the possibility of selling Saido Berahino in the transfer window to help their new head coach achieve that aim.

So you sell your best player in order to stay in the PL? Was he out because he had a schizophrenic episode?

Convienient for them really isn't it. Keep him in place and people can understand why he won't be given any money OR sack him, pay him off and have to give a new manager funds for January, it's a no brainer really for our owners who have now got their 3rd set up in place for transfers and once again it is a complete clusterfuck.

FSG have made their fair share of fuckups, but if there's one thing they can't be accused of it's not backing managers in the transfer market, we've just wasted far too much of it under successive managers, that's the bottom line IMO.

• Upvote 2

FSG have made their fair share of fuckups, but if there's one thing they can't be accused of it's not backing managers in the transfer market, we've just wasted far too much of it under successive managers, that's the bottom line IMO.

Yea they have backed managers at times, the problem is now, as it was under another system they installed (Comolli) that they need to shit or get off the pot. This new system again looks to have failed and rather then act and back it or scrap it they are apparently just going to muddle through and hope it comes good again if the rumour of no buying is true.

Before anyone says it I don't want to wait until the fucking 1st of February, I want them to be decisive for a change and get any business done early rather then fuck about for 4 weeks to either miss out or vastly overpay for someone.

So you sell your best player in order to stay in the PL? Was he out because he had a schizophrenic episode?

Hardly their best player hes been in and out hasnt he? Plus hes hardly gonna play with pulis in charge.

If pulis get north of £8m hes fleecing someone and you just know they will stay up. Hes another ashley young/agbonloho and I hope we dont go near him with his lack of professionalism.