You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Shaqiri would be a great signing, i dont think he'd need to be worried about playing time with us. While we have a lot of players for the positions he'd be competing for the competition is hardly the same as that at Bayern. He is someone i think we should have looked to bring in a year or two before he went to Bayern really, but if we can get him now, we should really do so.

Reports that Shaquiri is much more keen on Inter than us, esecially since Podolski has agreed to go there on loan.

Brendan's message to the board does seem to be pretty clear in those comments he made - kids are OK but you need to stop fucking around and accept that you need to pay fees and wages to attract top talent.  Time will tell whether it's a message that they want to hear.  I suspect that it isn't.

Reports that Shaquiri is much more keen on Inter than us, esecially since Podolski has agreed to go there on loan.

Brendan's message to the board does seem to be pretty clear in those comments he made - kids are OK but you need to stop fucking around and accept that you need to pay fees and wages to attract top talent.  Time will tell whether it's a message that they want to hear.  I suspect that it isn't.

He wants to leave Bayern due to game time & he wants to go to a club especially cause they've just signed an almost identical player....is he a bit simple.

Given Henry was happy to mock fans with his "Oh, and sign Reus" tweet earlier this year, I don't think it is a message they want to hear.

Why oh why do you do it to yourselves?

A deludefest start to finish every window where the eventual (even if they do add anyone) about how all the other teams signed shite and hype ours to death only to see them moved on in the next window when theyre shit for a lot less than we paid.

We wont be signing shakiri but who am I to spoil the party?

Last window it began 'we r linked with falcao' 'hes ace' 'united have signed him' 'hes a crock wastamoney etc', 'we are bein linked with mario balo' 'hes shit', 'we signed mario', 'hes ace just what we need'.

Rinse and repeat.

F@#$/^

Shaqiri looks a good player and seems the sort of price Lallana and Markovic should have been.

However it does seem very Arsenal like, why buy a midfielder if you can buy an attacking one.

Certainly will do not anything to quell people like myself who look at the squad and see it

unbalanced not due to wages or money spent just, maybe the wrong priorities.

Shaqiri looks a good player and seems the sort of price Lallana and Markovic should have been.

However it does seem very Arsenal like, why buy a midfielder if you can buy an attacking one.

Certainly will do not anything to quell people like myself who look at the squad and see it

unbalanced not due to wages or money spent just, maybe the wrong priorities.

Buying an attacking midfielder shouldnt rule us out buying a defensive one. If it's a choice between the two, then yeah it would be the wrong priority. But hopefully it is not.

Right now the squad looks unblanaced, not in terms of numbers i dont think. But where our quality is. A good defensive midfielder would go a long way to sort our problems out, but the main thing is still the lack of quality in the final third. Either we need Sturridge back asap or we need to splash some serious money on a class forward, preferably both.

Shaqiri would be a good signing I reckon. Sterling is in need of a rest, Coutinho is in good form but it's unrealistic to expect he'll keep that up until the end of the season, Lallana is injury prone/better in the middle and Markovic is still finding his feet. 
I'd rather a keeper and DM, but Shaqiri also makes sense. Not sure how much Berahino would cost, I'd say talk of 20 million is nonsense. He didn't sign that contract did he? And they've also gone and cup tied him for some reason. 

I think he'd score plenty of goals for us but it's all about the money. 12 million is probably the maximum I'd pay for him, anything more and you may as well go someone more established like Lacazette. 

I don't think we'll do much business at all though so all talk is pointless anyway. 

Yes. The lazy wanker will never play for us again.

Would it be the best idea getting rid of one of our only potentially good strikers just because we are signing origi who is unproven and when we don't know what sturridge will be like when and if he gets back at the end of the month?

I'd stick with Balotelli until the end of the season as his value can not get worse then it will be now and with Origi we will finally get to see him partnered with someone up front with pace that will give him space to operate in the deeper areas he likes to play in.

Would it be the best idea getting rid of one of our only potentially good strikers just because we are signing origi who is unproven and when we don't know what sturridge will be like when and if he gets back at the end of the month?

I'd stick with Balotelli until the end of the season as his value can not get worse then it will be now and with Origi we will finally get to see him partnered with someone up front with pace that will give him space to operate in the deeper areas he likes to play in.

I think getting rid of Balotelli would be a great idea.

Mainly because he's shit, and lazy, and shit, and has no positional sense, and he's shit and displays no team work and he's shit, and doesn't score goals, and he's shit, and blasts shots when he has no chance because he's shit. 

Oh and while I remember he's also shit.