You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Squid Game is basically Takeshi's Castle meets The Running Man isn't it? Two in and i'm enjoying it so far but Christ knows how they are going to stretch it out over nine hours. 

That 2nd episode...wtf was that about? They'd just established the story, played the first game and built some foundation and momentum and then they throw it all away and start all over again.

Totally bizarre decision making from the filmmakers, and the acting is still the worst I have ever seen in anything, ever.

The podgy kebab shop worker with the bad teeth and the facial tattoo and the mental bitch absolutely take the biscuit though, just astoundingly bad.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That 2nd episode...wtf was that about? They'd just established the story, played the first game and built some foundation and momentum and then they throw it all away and start all over again.

Totally bizarre decision making from the filmmakers, and the acting is still the worst I have ever seen in anything, ever.

The podgy kebab shop worker with the bad teeth and the facial tattoo and the mental bitch absolutely take the biscuit though, just astoundingly bad.

Seems clear to me that they literally needed to stretch it out as long as possible. 

I've not really got onto the bad acting yet, but isn't the female character a fashion model by trade? 

15 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Seems clear to me that they literally needed to stretch it out as long as possible. 

I've not really got onto the bad acting yet, but isn't the female character a fashion model by trade? 

Not the lass I'm on about, surely? The bint who gets shagged off the Yakuza tit.

10 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Herrings are mostly caught in Norwegian waters these days but are found all through the North sea .The east coast of Scotland and England, Fleetwood and the IOM used to be the main fisheries for herring and curing and smoking them as kippers.

Red herrings are a type of kipper, Johnny Foreigner has no  connection to them.

Thank you. This explains a lot.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It breaks from the normal tropes and criticisms that usually come with this concept. Why don't they turn on the guards or refuse to play etc etc.

They all go in thinking its a weird game, stakes are raised, people decide it's not for them and collectively leave, the most desperate return relatively compliant with the stakes raised that bit further (they all had debts but now one is playing to save his daughter, one now needs the money to treat his sick mother etc.)

Not saying it's the best way of showing that but I can see why they did it.

Started Clickbait last night, first two episodes and it's quite decent so far. the girl in it (whilst not hot in the traditional sense) is very sexually appealing. Probably because she has a wank in the first 5 minutes of episode 1. 

MV5BMDA0NzY2YzAtOTU3Mi00NzE5LTljOWEtZmI4

36 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes I thought of that but Mrs Willard refuses to watch anything with subtitles as it requires her to wear her reading glasses. She's also a bit deaf (ex raver) so we have to have the volume cranked up. 

Eyesight and hearing issues! Some might say that this explains how you managed to attract the current Mrs Willard, not me but some…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Started Clickbait last night, first two episodes and it's quite decent so far. the girl in it (whilst not hot in the traditional sense) is very sexually appealing. Probably because she has a wank in the first 5 minutes of episode 1. 

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Watched 3 episodes of Squid game back to back. I’m enjoying it so far bad acting and dubbing notwithstanding. 

Both absolutely appalling.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I quite enjoyed it- dreadful acting, shit music, cheesy plot, but it was pretty entertaining.

She’s got us watching Murder Island on 4OD. Some ‘true crime game show’ where they’ve staged a murder and four couples have to investigate and if one of them works out who the murderer is they get £50,000. 

It is even shitter than it sounds, hence I’m now fucking about on here while she’s watching it. 2/10. I won’t be carrying on with it. Woeful. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

She’s got us watching Murder Island on 4OD. Some ‘true crime game show’ where they’ve staged a murder and four couples have to investigate and if one of them works out who the murderer is they get £50,000. 

It is even shitter than it sounds, hence I’m now fucking about on here while she’s watching it. 2/10. I won’t be carrying on with it. Woeful. 

I enjoyed it. Fuck you.

On 06/10/2021 at 12:33, manwiththestick said:

Anyone seen Perpetual Grace Ltd?

Two episodes in and it's decent, very much like Cohen brothers/Fargo type of drama.

Jimmy Simpson plays a drifter who gets roped into a scam by a guy (he's out of Mr Inbetween and Justified) to kidnap his church owning parents (dad played brilliantly by Ben Kingsley), smuggle them into a Mexican jail for a few weeks, declare them dead so their son can get $4m inheritance.

It doesn't go to plan.

8/10 so far.

I started it a while back. I enjoyed the 1st couple but it went downhill very quickly and I stopped watching it. I don't often drop a series like that before the end, but it was just too boring and I found I'd just end up on my phone when it was on as it couldn't hold my attention. It got cancelled after season 1 I think. 

On 06/10/2021 at 12:41, Carvalho Diablo said:

Only Murders In The Building is running out of steam fast.

A fun little show but several episodes too long.

Yeah, I thought this week's episode was pretty weak and the whole thing with Steve Martin and the bird off the office was a bit shit. Hopefully it picks up a bit for the final episodes now they've introduced some new characters.