You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carl Froch Vs George Groves II

DanDanShaw

Really looking forward to tomorrow night. Hoping it's going to be a great fight and not something that will be over in a round or two. 

Looking forward to seeing Joshua fight first as well. Big big fan of his and think he has the potential to be a champion one day. Opening the show too which will be a pretty big deal for him.

Always been a Froch fan and still want him to win but it's mad how much I've started to like Groves since that first fight. Before the first fight I wanted Froch to destroy him and hated seeing Groves in any sort of interview but now I really enjoy watching him and he does come across as a nice fella when he is away from the 'fighting' spotlight and just in training or in the stadium. In interviews when Froch isn't around him, he isn't half as bad. Still don't want him to win, though.

Degale I can't stand and wouldn't mind seeing him lose although I do think he'd be a better fight against either Froch or Groves. His first with Groves was a decent fight.

Shall be a good night hopefully.

The weigh in looked like it was an amazing atmosphere. Both sets of security looked like they wanted to kill each other.

Also why does Eddie Hearn look like he always wants to suck Froch dick as soon as he sees him, clapping his name and smiling. He's just a lick arse. I bet Froch hated the fact he got booed.

I'm really loving these two match room ring girls at the weigh in, especially the scouse one Hannah Elizabeth. Bet she's proper filth, i think i'm in love.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

8855%20copy.jpg

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

image%20copy%209.jpg

image%20copy%2011.jpg

She's also the bird with the incredible arse in the scouse GTA video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wA2BueGcI

• Upvote 3

As daft as it sounds I really think Froch is scared, he knows he got lucky in the last fight and he knows that groves is a better boxer.

you may think like this mate but people who win world boxing titles and then successfully defend them on numerous occasions do not.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Got to be honest....don't get this one...

am I only the only one who couldn't tell you who was who?

Just past me by I think......if it were on Network TV it may have had a bigger impact (or is it?).........but for the un-educated boxing "fan" I think that maybe 80,000 turning up to see this maybe says more about the other boxers rather than this being anything special?

I pine for the good old days of the noble sport of boxing when as soon as a promoter got ride of a washed up fighter, boxer would wait round dark corner and pump five rounds into promoters belly, ala terry marsh, frank warren (allegedly)

Groves to win by round 6.

Just hope the best man wins on the night with no questions or contention possible. If it goes to points that's never going to be the case though! Both deserve huge credit for putting it all on the line, they each looked incredible at the weigh-in.

Froch has put his absolute heart and soul into this at 36 and that alone deserves respect - he must be one of the most professional boxers we've ever produced, and is certainly a credit to his sport. Great to see them both hold up their end of the bargain and I bet whoever loses would gladly hand back their fee to have the awful feeling taken away.

Brave fuckers to do this.

Mitchell's failed to make weight apparently.

He made weight but under IBF rules he's not allowed to be more than 10lbs, I think, over the weight on the day of the fight. His fight still goes ahead, if he wins he "might" not be able to fight for the title, it's all a bit vague.

He made weight but under IBF rules he's not allowed to be more than 10lbs, I think, over the weight on the day of the fight. His fight still goes ahead, if he wins he "might" not be able to fight for the title, it's all a bit vague.

That's what normally happens isn't it - they lose the value of the fight as such. Very sloppy of him either way.

That's what normally happens isn't it - they lose the value of the fight as such. Very sloppy of him either way.

Yea. IBF might aswell do fight day weigh ins if they weigh on fight day anyway, albeit dangerous to do it on fight day it makes sense for them to do it anyway.

It is sloppy but surely shows him how hard he has to work just to make weight, he's probably had 2/3 meals and fluids in the time between weigh ins and put nearly a stone on.

I dont like the idea of back to weighing in on the day of the fight. To much dehyradtion going on

Nor me it's dangerous if one fighter has drained himself massively and one is strong at the weight but I don't get the logic of them doing 2 weigh ins.