You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Velasquez didn't give werdum the respect he deserved. Turning up to a fight at 7200 ft above sea level 6 days before hand. What a fucking idiot. Delighted be got his just deserves.

True. His corner knew he was fucjed hence going into the third they told him to take him down. After the first take down you saw Werdum tried to submit he with the choke but he still tried it again.

I'm guessing that Werdum will fight the Russian and DS Santos and Vasquez fight again

No way dos santos will fight Velasquez again I think, they should give Cain a warm up fight then straight back in with Werdum. Let's be honest Cain was out for like 20 months before that fight then made the fatal mistake of turning up late to aclimitise. I think a fit Cain does him next time. Didn't like the way Ben Rothwell was saying how we'd see a difference in Cain since the drug testing has been tightened, of course he wouldn't look great with such a long lay off, was a cheap shot for me that because he has lost to him.

Werdum has some fucking resume.

And yet I still don't see him as a big deal. I'm an idiot, I know. He keeps proving me wrong and yet I still don't give him the respect he should get. 

The next person who faces him I'll still end up thinking Werdum will finally get beat but I doubt he will.

And yet I still don't see him as a big deal. I'm an idiot, I know. He keeps proving me wrong and yet I still don't give him the respect he should get. 

The next person who faces him I'll still end up thinking Werdum will finally get beat but I doubt he will.

I think it's because he has got a bit of a patchy record, 2 of the top 5 have beat him

The improvement in Werdum's striking the last two years has been fantastic. From the guy who just kept pulling guard against Overeem in 2011 to this, it's like a different fighter.

I was getting a bit bored with the watered down cards (not helped by high profile injuries and bad judging) over the last 18 months, but the last few cards have really delivered and reignited my interest.

• Upvote 1

The improvement in Werdum's striking the last two years has been fantastic. From the guy who just kept pulling guard against Overeem in 2011 to this, it's like a different fighter.

I was getting a bit bored with the watered down cards (not helped by high profile injuries and bad judging) over the last 18 months, but the last few cards have really delivered and reignited my interest.

I think it was mainly to do with the UFC fight nights. Introducing them and not delivering with a main event worth watching was just like watching an evening of pre lims with no hope of a decent fight.

I think it was mainly to do with the UFC fight nights. Introducing them and not delivering with a main event worth watching was just like watching an evening of pre lims with no hope of a decent fight.

That's definitely part of it. I remember being very pissed off with split decision wins for GSP( vs Hendricks), Jones (vs Gustaffson) and Benson Henderson (vs everyone he's ever fought) as well. Sitting there getting really into a fight only to see the wrong man win really winds me up and switches me off- although in hindsight Jones probably did enough in that fight.

But it was all entirely predictable for me ( I was top off the prediction league when we did it, don't you know). Why would you sit through 3 hours of fights every other weekend where you know what's going to happen? This weekend just gone is evidence that that has changed for the better of late.

• 2 weeks later...

Mendes been training for some weeks since Aldo advised injury. Will still be interim belt

Is it enough time though? can't see Mendes causing McGregor much problems standing up he's too small, Conor will blast through him. The ground game is a different story though.