You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

really pleased with this

anyone thinking Pepe is better needs to realise it isn't 2010 anymore

Playing the system we do the GK being able to take out the high press by passing over to the second line of players is vital. We've got the best footballing goalkeeper I've ever seen. It seems to be a shame we'll be letting him go and taking a chance with a GK whose distribution is said to be one of his faults.

Playing the system we do the GK being able to take out the high press by passing over to the second line of players is vital. We've got the best footballing goalkeeper I've ever seen. It seems to be a shame we'll be letting him go and taking a chance with a GK whose distribution is said to be one of his faults.

Personally I would rather have a goalkeeper who stops goals going in but each to their own

Personally I would rather have a goalkeeper who stops goals going in but each to their own

I was going to say that. Mignolet's superior shot-stopping will earn us more points than Reina distribution ever did.

I don't care what Rodgers says there's no way we would sign a number 2 for that much and why would mignolet come for that role?

Very strange it looks like the club decided to sell Reina this summer and are not being smart.

Over pay for an inferior keeper and now we are in situation were clubs know Reina is for sale, we are prob going to end up selling him for the same we paid for mignolet or less, which is madness.

I was going to say that. Mignolet's superior shot-stopping will earn us more points than Reina distribution ever did.

Well we've never seen how he'll cope with having one save to make all game and also with any clanger he drops being the major talking point for weeks and weeks because he's a Liverpool keeper.

I also doubt the point you're making too, and think it's very hard to quantify.

It's a variable that I just think we can do without whilst overhauling the defence. I don't think Mignolet is that good that we had to swoop for him now.

I do know for a fact that most teams will now go man for man on a high press when playing us and will happily compete for a 50-50 long kick.

9 is more like it. And no doubt as to his signing as both BBC and Sky carry the story. Question now is what is Reina's role gonna be after he came out and said he will stay on. An awkward dilemma on our hands with two classy keepers; we are not Real Madrid yet, although we were even better at one point in history.