You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

So Suarez has looked at the Arsenal players. He's had a good look at his Liverpool teammates, and decided that he'd be better off at the Emirates. Not only that, but he wants out of our club so badly that without even talking to Arsenal, he's willing to let the court of arbitration get him out of his contract with us to join them. Arsenal. Maybe he thinks his value will depreciate the longer he's out of the CL and that's his case should it go to arbitration. But Arsenal? Really?

Was hoping to findout more this window about the owners. I mean they splashed cashout in January and wanted to see if they did this window. Up to now it isn't a lot or even any when you take Andy being sold. I did get the impression there whole plan was make us able to operate without much or any help from them.

So' date=' a player who has been banned for racially abusing another player (harshly, I thought, but there you go) and then gets banned for biting a fellow professional (again!) lets it be known publicly he wants to leave the club (who gave him a new contract in the meantime) because he feels hard done by at the hands of the English media.

He then states that he would like to talk to Arsenal, funnily enough based in capital city of the very same country with the nasty media.

Whose fault is all that? FSGs!

I should have known.

The only reason Suarez' future is up in the air is because HE is fucking about, no-one else is to blame. Rodgers has stated clearly he wants him to stay, FSG have turned down a 40m bid for him.

If Luis came out and said: I want to leave to play CL football not a single person here would complain but, like most footballers, he is really a bit of a twat, not very bright and thinks he can deflect blame onto everybody but himself.

FSG have done several things wrong but the only person to blame for the Suarez situation is Suarez. Totally agree with a previous post. If we are still a big club, WE should just get rid.

Have some fucking self-respect.[/quote']

Excellent post.

So Suarez has looked at the Arsenal players. He's had a good look at his Liverpool teammates, and decided that he'd be better off at the Emirates. Not only that, but he wants out of our club so badly that without even talking to Arsenal, he's willing to let the court of arbitration get him out of his contract with us to join them. Arsenal. Maybe he thinks his value will depreciate the longer he's out of the CL and that's his case should it go to arbitration. But Arsenal? Really?

Why the surprise?

Any team that can conistently offer CL football and higher wages would be in the frame- and the Arse can do that.

Was hoping to findout more this window about the owners. I mean they splashed cashout in January and wanted to see if they did this window. Up to now it isn't a lot or even any when you take Andy being sold. I did get the impression there whole plan was make us able to operate without much or any help from them.

Isn't that what we all wanted tho?

Marca the Madrid mouthpiece is supposed to of said that Madrid don't want him as they have faith in the younger strikers if they need to use them.So that puts paid to his dream move I reckon.

Marca are notoriously full of shit. They're worse than most of our tabloids.

I'm totally fucking bored of reading about Suarez going, he's history it seems.

I'm still waiting for us to be linked with or approach a top class player, though. Three weeks until the season starts and we need to bring in 2 if he stays, 3-4 if he goes.

What we spend, and who on, in this window will be far more indicative of FSGs intentions than us selling Suarez. If they intend to even compete for the top four, we better get buying.

Please don't buy Soldado though.

Guest San Don

Yeah, he was badly misquoted about those interviews in uruguay by the nasty english press, wasnt he?:whistle:

Guest San Don
Isn't that what we all wanted tho?

Apparently, yes. That is until they started to do it then some want sugar daddy spending.

sly sports reporting ian ayre as saying Liverpool have no intention of selling suarez.

Found something:

Speaking on Friday ahead of a friendly in Thailand, Ayre said "the situation with Luis Suarez remains the same. It's never been our intention to sell Luis."

Manager Brendan Rogers said Suarez was short of fitnees but would play some part against the Thai national team on Sunday.

Rogers said "he's three weeks in schedule behind other players. But one thing about Luis is he loves to play the game, he loves training and working. I'm sure at some stage of the game, he will play a part."

Read more here: Liverpool MD says no intention of selling Suarez - Wire Soccer - The Sacramento Bee

Liverpool receive two separate offers from Arsenal for Luis Suarez - Football - Sport - London Evening Standard

Ian Ayre, Liverpool's managing director, told reporters at a press conference this morning that the club had received two separate offers from Arsenal for wantaway striker Luis Suarez.

The reiteration comes after Brendan Rodgers told the Guardian that leaving the club would be a step in the wrong direction for Suarez.

Ayre also confirmed that the club were not looking to sell the striker.

"It's never been our intention to sell Luis. We've received two separate offers from Arsenal and rejected both," he said

Rodgers said last night that he hopes to build Liverpool back to their former glory, both domestically and in Europe.

"I know what we are trying to build and grow, so why would you swap Liverpool to go to Arsenal?

"I am not sure that it adds up, to be honest. Arsenal has a wonderful history in its own right but Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world. Okay, we might not be in the Champions League and haven't been for a while now but our competitors have grown around us and we have to step up to the challenge now.

"I am sure Luis will have seen the sheer size and status of the club, so we'll just see how it goes. It is not something we want to run on too long," Rodgers said.

I think the long term plan stuff is a pipe dream what happens next year if someone wants coutinho, were not going to keep players happy constantly pointing to the future our best players will not wait. Are we going to get lucky and it all falls into place at the right time. I doubt it, we look like we are going to do an Ajax be a school for young footballers then flog them as soon as they're ready to fly. When will we learn we need to buy more than one class player, we buy one then spend two year surrounding them with a plethora of jobbers until the player thinks fuck this I ain't got time nor the patience for this shit so we sell him and replace him and repeat. I'm coming to the opinion FSG just couldn't give a fuck they want us financially as sound as possible so they can sell us, the team can tick along as cheap as possible with a small a wage bill as possible. Just show some fucking intent instead of bargain basement hunting. We are not suddenly going to become this fucking super smart team who outwits the rest of the footballing world. Stop wasting time buy some fucking good players if you get them then sell the shit you don't want.

I've been saying this for what seems like forever now.

The Torres situation was the last straw in terms of believing any of the guff that footballers spout, so there's no surprise with Suarez for me whatsoever.

Once bitten, twice shy. Pun intended.

Spot on. People have got to realise that professional footballers are mostly self-serving cunts who, no matter what they say, don't love Liverpool Football Club, the fans and the city.

And that is why worrying about Suarez, as bad as it is, is as nothing compared to finding new players like Gerrard and Carragher to drive the club on.

WTF are we gonna do with out Gerrards drive?

Physical and mental?

This is where we should be concentrating in my opinion.

Especially when you see the way these hired guns behave.

Shame Spearing wasn't up to it.

Edited by thompsonsnose

'I've done my best for Liverpool and given 100% every time I've played but I have a very short career and I want to play in the CL'

That's what Suarez should have said I wouldn't have been happy but I would have absolutely understood his position instead all the 'English media making my life hell' bullshit.

So add lies to the every growing list of Suarez misdemeanors