You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I voted not sure. The only reason for the uncertainty is his state of mind. If he has already mentally checked out, and if he will only agitate further from this point on, in order to secure a move; then it is in everyone's interests to let him go, for the biggest fee we can secure, obviously.

If he can be persuaded to get his head down and fight on, at least for another season, then we should keep him. He is one of the very best players in the world so hopefully he will stay.

It all depends on the player's state of mind for me. If he is determined to go, let him. If he is just hopeful of going, but can be persuaded to stay, keep him!

I voted sell him but not because he is a nuisance. Mainly because the money can be used to strengthen our whole squad rather than relying on one player, which has got us nowhere for years.

I hope we don't go for Tevez though, he would just be another head down, not pass the ball kind of player...we need team players.

I voted not sure. The only reason for the uncertainty is his state of mind. If he has already mentally checked out, and if he will only agitate further from this point on, in order to secure a move; then it is in everyone's interests to let him go, for the biggest fee we can secure, obviously.

If he can be persuaded to get his head down and fight on, at least for another season, then we should keep him. He is one of the very best players in the world so hopefully he will stay.

It all depends on the player's state of mind for me. If he is determined to go, let him. If he is just hopeful of going, but can be persuaded to stay, keep him!

Agree with all of that, God knows what he would do if he was forced to stay against his will.

But then again, would that state of mind not turn Real away or maybe use it as a bargaining chip to drive the price down?

Keep, by all means, unless the offer is ridiculous.

If we could replace him with Higuain and Lamela, sure, sell him. But we wouldn't be able to, so we should keep him if we can. After all, he's under contract for several more years; we would probably be able to get the same amount for him next summer if he wants to go then.

I don't think we should sell him, but fucked if I think we should be begging a player who has had the support that he has.

So no, but then again yes!

Not worried anyway - we have Mkhitaryan, Tello and Benteke to compensate so it wouldn't be that bad. Although I don't quite understand why we bought Tevez!

Not sure why there is a desire to sell our best player. He is our best player and we give him the support he needs to remain our best player. Him being 'nuts' or a 'nuisance' is not really good enough reason for wanting to sell someone who will be your top scorer.

Would have wanted him to stay. After that nonsense against Chelsea he shouldn't play for the club again.

After the Evra shite I was convinced he'd be forced out with purple pulling the strings.

The season he had put that to bed only for him and him alone to let the club down big time.

sell him....after seeing that interview he wants to go he says its not for the money but if that was the case he would take his punishment and keep his mouth shut

as for our lovely press following him about well its of his own making all he has to do is keep out of trouble and stop giving them reason to talk shit about him......didnt he say not so long ago that he dont care what people say about him? now all of a sudden he does stinks of a tap up if u ask me

I'd have Tevez in a heartbeat.

You can level every accusation you want against Tevez, and he's a mercenary cunt, but (like a mercenary cunt) he charges the most because he almost always delivers and puts 100% in.

I think I posted something like this a couple of months back, before any link, and I'm not even sure I believe this link either, but he's actually giving some value for his money as opposed to some flake like Nasri.

......because Code might come along and post shit like this.

Have you not noticed, people are ignoring his posts., its best that way.

As for suarez, has to be persuaded to stay long term, he has to commit to us.

Not a fan of begging him to give us one more season, if he doesn't commit to us long term, off load him.