You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After a humiliating FA Cup exit Arsenal provide the perfect opportunity to get our season back on track. Coincidentally, like last season a game against arsenal can make or break our league campaign, last year we all know what happened, we battered Arsenal from pillar to post literally hitting the woodwork 3 times, missing penalties and martin kelly missing from under the crossbar only for Van Rapist to score 2 from half chances. Our record against arsenal is quite poor but this arsenal side are very fragile both physically and mentally so it is important we remain solid for the first 45 minutes and then hope suarez and sturridge can cause them a few problems. Arsenals two main treats are wilshire and Cazorla, definitely a game for henderson and lucas and no allen.

----------------Reina--------------------

Wisdom----Skrtel---Agger----Johnson

-----------Gerrard-----Lucas------------

Downing--------------Henderson---------

----------------Suarez--------------------

---------------Sturridge-------------------

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

despise these cunts and its about time we started beating them regularly again, if we are at our best we will win regardless of how they play but our away form does worry me and I hope we go with the same sort of team we play at home

----------------Pepe---------------

Wisdom----Skrtel----Agger---Johnson

-----------Stevie--Lucas-----------

Suarez---------Henderson-----Borini

----------------Sturridge----------

lets shit these fucking wankers!

Never really like doing team selections cos you look like a bellend getting it wrong but how and ever here we go. If Enrique is fit he has to start.

As much as Downing has been annoying me this year I'd play him ahead of Sterling and Borini. Sterling looks like he needs a run in the reserves to get his confidence back.

----------------Pepe---------------

Johnson----Carra----Agger---Enrique

-----------Stevie--Lucas-----------

Suarez---------Henderson-----Downing

----------------Sturridge----------

Twat em 1-1.

From Rodgers comments It sounds like Reina, Enrique and Johnson will all start.

Personally I'd play

----------Reina------------

---Carragher Skrtel Agger---

Johnson----Lucas----Enrique

-----Gerrard---Henderson----

-------Suarez----Sturridge---

At the moment I think this is our strongest possible team.

Downing has been better this season, but tends to go missing in the big games, so I think Johnson and Enrique are our best attacking options in the wide areas.

We need to at least compete in this game. I don't expect us to win, as we rarely do away at them, but I want to see a plan, I want to see fight from the players right from the off. If we don't then, it will seriously add to my doubts about Rodgers.

Reina

Johnson

Carra

Agger

Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Downing

Suarez

Henderson

Sturridge

We need to grab a win here,i'd like to see Suarez and Sturridge start but i dont think we could play the same formation we did at home to Norwich with Henderson tucked in and Johnson playing like a winger,it would leave to much space for Walcott or Chamberlain to exploit.

I'd go with the team below. It's a toss-up between Skrtel and Carra for me but i'd lean towards Skrtel because he's more mobile and that fits Arsenal's strengths. I'd like to think he's react to Rodgers words and put in a good performance as well.

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Henderson

Downing

Suarez

Sturridge

My prediction for this game is that we'll lose a tight game and Rodgers will come out afterwards and declare himself pleased with the reaction of the players.

--------------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------

GJ-------------------------Carra-----------------Agger------------------Enrique

----------------------------Lucas-----------------Gerrard-----------------------

Downing------------------------------Suarez----------------------------Henderson

--------------------------------------Sturridge--------------------------------------

From Rodgers comments It sounds like Reina, Enrique and Johnson will all start.

Personally I'd play

----------Reina------------

---Carragher Skrtel Agger---

Johnson----Lucas----Enrique

-----Gerrard---Henderson----

-------Suarez----Sturridge---

I like the look of this team although any team that doesn't feature Downing usually looks quite appealing.

We should be able to create chances against them as their defence has looked ropey all season but I'm less confident about us keeping them out. It's about time we beat someone near the top of the table and we're due a bit of luck against them as they seem to have had it in spades at Anfield in recent years.

didn't know Enrique was back, would start him if he is ready of course

Enrique should play in his new role of left front. We'll be galloping through the Arse defense easily. But most important is attitude. We should go in for the win...nothing less. And all those who have disappointed in our last defeat should be dropped for a while.

Ah, the trusty 3-3-2-2 formation.

Alternatively 3-5-2? Reinforcement in the midfield against Arsenal not such a bad idea. I think we've come away with a point from the Emirates in the last two seasons. I'd really like to get a win there, but I fear it may be another 'exciting' stalemate.

Alternatively 3-5-2? Reinforcement in the midfield against Arsenal not such a bad idea. I think we've come away with a point from the Emirates in the last two seasons. I'd really like to get a win there' date=' but I fear it may be another 'exciting' stalemate.[/quote']

3 at the back and 2 wing backs pretty much work the same way as when we're playing Lucas as the holding mid under Rodgers, as when we our fullbacks push up, Lucas invariably drops in between the CBs..

Is Enrique fit to play against Arsenal? He'll be up against Walcott and that is a worry.

If Enrique starts, then we'll have to play Downing as well as I think he'll have to provide protection down the left as Sterling (if played) may be quick, but his defensive skills are seriously lacking.