You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The one major mistake Kenny did last season, if he had kept Meireles he would have kept his job.

Not just Meireles though. Had Kenny stuck with the formation that worked so well from January to the summer with Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt etc as the attacking players then I suspect he would still be our manager this season.

Instead he dropped them in favour of his big money signings like Carroll, Downing and Henderson who all flopped miserably.

Not just Meireles though. Had Kenny stuck with the formation that worked so well from January to the summer with Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt etc as the attacking players then I suspect he would still be our manager this season.

Instead he dropped them in favour of his big money signings like Carroll, Downing and Henderson who all flopped miserably.

Perfectly reasonable that, but when you have been criticising Rodgers and saying we'd be scoring more goals had we been been playing Henderson and Downing more, and also said that Carroll would score more goals than Suarez this season, Meireles is the only thing you've got left to hang your hat on.

Kuyt Suarez

Maxi Spearing Lucas Meireles

As a collective group they produced great football under Dalglish at the fag end of 2010-11.

The 5-2 against Fulham away was a joy to watch.

Yep. We were playing some glorious stuff. Then we implemented the masterplan of paying five times the market price for average footballers from the North East of England.

Yep. We were playing some glorious stuff. Then we implemented the masterplan of paying five times the market price for average footballers from the North East of England.

I still find it utterly baffling. The only explanation I can think of is that they were buying players for a system that would incorporate Carroll.

It's heartbreaking to imagine where we might have ended up if we'd just carried on playing the same way and replaced the outgoing players such as Maxi and Kuyt with younger, better versions.

Why is it, that whenever we finally seem to be getting somewhere we go out and buy a load of shit players and fuck it up? Is there some sort of clause being written into the managers' contracts because it keeps fucking happening.

Softest hardman I can remember playing for the club. In Kenny's first game he bottled a tackle that resulted in Gerrard being sent off, half an hour into Kenny's reign and already his number was up. Soft cunt is only missed by gays.

That's some funny shit and is further proven by this thread.

A very good, technically gifted footballer who wasn't really up for a bone-crunching tackle. He had a great understanding with Suarez and we would have had a better season with him in the team last season. He left though so I don't really give a shit what's happening to him now.

A very good, technically gifted footballer who wasn't really up for a bone-crunching tackle. He had a great understanding with Suarez and we would have had a better season with him in the team last season. He left though so I don't really give a shit what's happening to him now.

This about sums up my feelings on him, and any other player who chooses or is chose, to ply their trade elsewhere.

Genuinely thought he was still with Chelsea. Another of the many players that proved the only way is down once you leave Liverpool.

Can't believe he got 11 games for that though. Rooney would only play 4 games a season with rulings like that.

Best midfielder we have had since Alonso, those who dont appreciate meireles knows fuck all about football.

Maybe wouldn't go this far but he would certainly improve our midfield at the moment that's for sure.

He turned the game at Arsenal away last season in our favour when he came on (might have been his last game even?)

I thought it a little strange that we let him go when we did to be honest but I suppose we had just spent a ton of money on Henderson at the time.

Meireles 10/11 stats:

Games: 32+1 (33)

Goals: 5

Assists: 5

Key passes pr game: 2 pr game - 66 key passes

Shots pr game: 1,9 pr game - 62 shots

Disposessed pr game: 0.9 pr game - 31 times

Tackles pr game: 2,4 pr game - 79 tackles

Interceptions: 2,1 pr game - 68 interceptions

Fouls pr game: 0,8 pr game - 27 fouls

Dribbled by other teams player: 1,1 pr game - 37 times

Rating: 7,18

Just for fun lets compare him with everyones darling this season, Joe Allen.

Allen 12/13 stats:

Games: 17

Goals: 0

Assists: 0

Key passes pr game: 1 pr game - 17 key passes

Shots pr game: 0,4 pr game - 6 shots

Disposessed pr game: 1.1 pr game - 18 times

Tackles pr game: 2,4 pr game - 41 tackles

Interceptions: 2,1 pr game - 36 interceptions

Fouls pr game: 1,2 pr game - 20 fouls

Dribbled by other teams player: 1,5 pr game - times25

Rating: 6,71

Again, people who did not appreciate meireles as the superb player he was knows fuck all about football.

Especially not if they at the same time try to laud Joe Allen.

That will be Kenny you're referring too you daft cunt.