You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City Away Match Thread

FrenchEyeGlass

I think Sterling is our very own Eden Hazard. He's small, fast, superb first touch. Given the way Sterling has developed I'm less miffed about not getting Hazard.

Rather him be our Messi than Hazard, but I know what you mean. If he keeps progressing along with Suso, Shelvey et al we'll be well off in the future.

It's amazing what Mr Ferguson saying "he dives all over the place" can do for a person's reputation.

I can't get the paranoid obsession with Ferguson.I think that you will find that plenty of pundits, players ,managers and fans have made their own minds up about Suarez before Ferguson commented.And it's not an undeserved reputation is it. We were the same about Torres when he was here, yet now we all acknowledge he is a diver.Suarez is undoubtedly suffering with decisions as a result of his diving from when he first came here. I would rather concentrate on his great goalscoring and overall performance yesterday,and the increasing confidence in the younger lads than harp on about Ferguson's influence on referees .

• Downvote 1

That's one of the things I took away from this game. The defense still needs work but our attack and be brilliant when they're playing up to their potential. If we play like that against most teams we'll beat them. If we attack like that against the better teams whilst shoring up our defense then we'll beat them as well. I did feel for Pepe, but to be fair their first goal he should have definitely caught rather than let it rebound off him just the slightest mistake when trying to catch it and he was punished for it. Their second goal was just the defense and Skrtel in particular switching off before the game was over, I think his look was more of "well I don't have a clean sheet anyway so fuck it, we're still going to win" than it was of a player who's lost his confidence.

I think the defense was just as awful as the attack was brilliant yesterday, Norwich could have scored about 5 with decent finishing. Of course we could have had 8 or 10 and were by far the better team but still. Hoping this was Rodgers making the selection based on the opposition, he may have felt that all out attack was the way to finish off Norwich. Stoke will be different, will be interesting to see the line up for that.

That was a great win yesterday, with great football. Suarez apart, Sterling, Sahin, Gerrard, Johnson and Wisdom were excellent but I love Joe Allen! For the 5th goal, I was shitting myself when he gets the ball but he remains calm and just creates space and starts off the play, he is a fucking great player.

I noticed Kamara also mentioned Bartlett's behavior! That is the worrying aspect for me, players are starting to feel that they have a free one with Luis and sooner or later he is going to get a bad challenge because players don't think anything will happen to them. Hansen was spot on to highlight that last night. But this argument that he 'deserves' the reputation is nonsense, who decides the reputation of players?

Suddenly refereeing becomes subjective rather than objective, and the reputation precedes decisions, it is pathetic. I think Rodgers would be smart to focus upon this more than the actual decisions, decisions can always be wrong but a reputation for diving is down to people like Ferguson playing to the audience. Does Valencia now have a reputation, or Wellbeck? Will Young not get penalties because of his behavior last season? We all know the answers.

Fuck it, I enjoy a little bit of righteous indignation as it reminds me why I dislike the rest of the cunts in the league.

You are no Liverpool fan.

I am a fan who has been going to Anfield since the 1960's, and feel that I am entitled to my opinion on players,managers etc like all on here do.

Because I actually keep an open mind on issues and not tow the internet line that it seems sacrilege to dare criticise anything Red related doesn't mean that I am not a fan.

• Downvote 1

I am a fan who has been going to Anfield since the 1960's' date=' and feel that I am entitled to my opinion on players,managers etc like all on here do.

Because I actually keep an open mind on issues and not tow the internet line that it seems sacrilege to dare criticise anything Red related doesn't mean that I am not a fan.[/quote']

I don't see any evidence for this in any of the posts you've made so far.

I don't see any evidence for this in any of the posts you've made so far.

Maybe because things haven't been great so far this season I haven't seen a lot to be positive about(other than the rise of the youngsters)

There are plenty on here who will kid themselves that every signing for us is a great one, every referee a twat or Man United supporter, and that there is a massive FA conspiracy about all things Liverpool Football Club.Probably due to my age ,and having watched great and not so great times at Anfield over the years I like to think I am a bit older and wiser.

I am sorry-I will only post glowing remarks in the future.

• Downvote 1

To be fair to the defence, if we set up with 6 forward-thinking players & are expecting to get the full backs moving forward, they are always going to have some hairy moments.

Thought Pepe was a bit sharper than of late, but we are a bit cursed in that every mistake leads to a goal. There were 4 purple/grey/squiggly shirts & 1 yellow when the ball bounces off him , but you know exactly where it is going to land.

I am a fan who has been going to Anfield since the 1960's, and feel that I am entitled to my opinion on players,managers etc like all on here do.

Because I actually keep an open mind on issues and not tow the internet line that it seems sacrilege to dare criticise anything Red related doesn't mean that I am not a fan.

Let's break it down:

"I am a fan who has been going to Anfield since the 1960's"

Means: "I'm sixteen, and just discovered that I can use forums as a place to get my completely irrelevant and incorrect point of view across"

"and feel that I am entitled to my opinion on players,managers etc like all on here do"

Means: "Look at me, look at me!!! I have no self worth, and almost suffocated this morning due to choking myself in the process of self gratification..."

"Because I actually keep an open mind on issues and not tow the internet line that it seems sacrilege to dare criticise anything Red related doesn't mean that I am not a fan."

Means: "I like fuzzy bears, and when I do my self inflicted choke wank I think about chocolate covered unicorns performing erotic dances in the moonlight whilst mermaids send beautiful spouts of water in the background, which interlaces with flocks of parrots and butterflies. Also, I believe everything I read on the internets, and subscribe to the daily mail."

True_story_barney.jpg

Let's break it down:

"I am a fan who has been going to Anfield since the 1960's"

Means: "I'm sixteen, and just discovered that I can use forums as a place to get my completely irrelevant and incorrect point of view across"

"and feel that I am entitled to my opinion on players,managers etc like all on here do"

Means: "Look at me, look at me!!! I have no self worth, and almost suffocated this morning due to choking myself in the process of self gratification..."

"Because I actually keep an open mind on issues and not tow the internet line that it seems sacrilege to dare criticise anything Red related doesn't mean that I am not a fan."

Means: "I like fuzzy bears, and when I do my self inflicted choke wank I think about chocolate covered unicorns performing erotic dances in the moonlight whilst mermaids send beautiful spouts of water in the background, which interlaces with flocks of parrots and butterflies. Also, I believe everything I read on the internets, and subscribe to the daily mail."

True_story_barney.jpg

That is a remarkable piece of work-I take it you realise you have parodied yourself with your obvious "look at me writing clever satirical things about somebody I know nothing about". I believe there are some evening classes for creative writing for people like yourself who obviouly never had an education. You must have a very sad life when you get enjoyment from writing pieces of fiction and making wholesale wrong guesses and insults about people you have never met, and actually came on here to discuss football.

• Downvote 1

We do all of the above on this site, in every single thread.

Every single thread?

Surely not.

Either way,it hardly raises the level of debate when you get ridiculous replies like the one I had posted to me above.

Agree or disagree by all means,but trying to make out you are some sort of latter day Oscar Wilde seems a little bit like the actions of a desperate attention seeker in my opinion.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Every single thread?

Surely not.

Either way' date='it hardly raises the level of debate when you get ridiculous replies like the one I had posted to me above.

Agree or disagree by all means,but trying to make out you are some sort of latter day Oscar Wilde seems a little bit like the actions of a desperate attention seeker in my opinion.[/quote']

A'right ratty?