You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City Away Match Thread

FrenchEyeGlass

Early and i'm sure most dont care about this just yet.

But just thinking about the game today, it may have cost us more than three points. Agger seems like he will be out for a while, along with Kelly. Shelvey will be out for three games and Borini was also reported as being injured. With out squad being ridiculously weak as it is, who exactly are we going to play next week?

Reina

Flanagan Coates Skrtle Glen

Allen

Gerrard Sahin

Sterling Suarez Suso

I think we could easy be here this time next week discussing another loss, looking at that defence.

I think we'll bring Enrique, Downing or Robinson in at left back and play Glen at right back. We've got much stronger left backs in reserve than we have right backs (Flanagan/Wisdom).

And you've got to take into consideration there's a midweek game against West Brom so we'll have to get some sort of team together for that.

Reina

Johnson, Coates, Skrtel, Robinson

Allen, Sahin

Assaidi, Gerrard, Sterling

Suarez

With barely no options on the bench to change things. We haven't got much else choice being honest.

I dont understand why Johnson being played at left back when he clearly a right footed player. Keep him at right back and play Enrique on the left.

Cause he's fucking shite at the mo and good for at least one goal conceded per game? I'd play Robbo at left back if anything...

Thing is with Johnson is that whilst he keeps making mistakes at the back - he has consistently been one of our best attacking threats since the start of the year and has probably deserved a goal and an assist already. Yesterday he was good going forward as well.

As they say, you cant be in two places at one time. I think he is being asked to. Our team is not at all set up to play with full backs with bomb on, and we're getting caught out again and again because of that.

So whilst he has made some mistakes, I cant agree that he has been getting raped. He has had literally no cover.

And you've got to take into consideration there's a midweek game against West Brom so we'll have to get some sort of team together for that.

Completely didn't realise about this! Fucking hell our squad is thin.

To be honest though, I dont understand why most of our players cant play both games. The season is in its infancy and they should be as fit as anything.

Thing is with Johnson is that whilst he keeps making mistakes at the back - he has consistently been one of our best attacking threats since the start of the year and has probably deserved a goal and an assist already. Yesterday he was good going forward as well.

As they say, you cant be in two places at one time. I think he is being asked to. Our team is not at all set up to play with full backs with bomb on, and we're getting caught out again and again because of that.

So whilst he has made some mistakes, I cant agree that he has been getting raped. He has had literally no cover.

I was referring to Robinson at left back. Play defender where they comfortable to play i.e Johnson. That way if any fuck up, we can blame him because of his defensive error. If not he can simply use the word being played out of position.

If the manager tinker too much and play players out position every game, he deserved the sacked. Harsh but that is what it supposed to be.

I was referring to Robinson at left back. Play defender where they comfortable to play i.e Johnson. That way if any fuck up, we can blame him because of his defensive error. If not he can simply use the word being played out of position.

If the manager tinker too much and play players out position every game, he deserved the sacked. Harsh but that is what it supposed to be.

Do you mean like Rafa played Stevie on the right and off the striker, "out of position"? Or like how he played Arbeloa, a right back, at left back against Messi?

I agree that Johnson should play on the right but your assertion that a manager should be sacked because he plays a player out of "position" (whom exactly decides what this position is unknown) is ridiculous.

"That way if any fuck up, we can blame him because of his defensive error". What are you talking about?

I have a feeling you are 15.

Completely didn't realise about this! Fucking hell our squad is thin.

To be honest though, I dont understand why most of our players cant play both games. The season is in its infancy and they should be as fit as anything.

because progression in the league is the priority.

domestic cups mean fuck all to FSG

Do you mean like Rafa played Stevie on the right and off the striker, "out of position"? Or like how he played Arbeloa, a right back, at left back against Messi?

I agree that Johnson should play on the right but your assertion that a manager should be sacked because he plays a player out of "position" (whom exactly decides what this position is unknown) is ridiculous.

"That way if any fuck up, we can blame him because of his defensive error". What are you talking about?

I have a feeling you are 15.

Yup an example which involved Gerrard in it...great. Your're fucking smart.

Gerrard can play anywhere on the pitch and he'll still be great for us you balloonhead. How many games again Arbeloa played at left back?? Tell me.

What i meant is the manager should play players in the position they comfortable with. That way it'll get the best out of them. Playing players out of position will make them work extra hard than usual and that will make them make more mistakes in a game.

Yup an example which involved Gerrard in it...great. Your're fucking smart.

Gerrard can play anywhere on the pitch and he'll still be great for us you balloonhead. How many games again Arbeloa played at left back?? Tell me.

What i meant is the manager should play players in the position they comfortable with. That way it'll get the best out of them. Playing players out of position will make them work extra hard than usual and that will make them make more mistakes in a game.

Your're?

You're an idiot. This isn't FIFA 13. Lucas Leiva probably thought he was an attacking midfielder. Funny how playing him out of position left him being an indispensable defensive midfielder for us.

Go away now.

progression in the league is the priority.domestic cups mean fuck all to FSG

I think that oversates the case.

The second half of last season was relegation league form- that is unacceptable.

Cup success should come hand in hand with a winning mentality in the league- you can have both. Last season players, and management,let our professionalism slip.

What is beyond question is that whatever team we put out at Carrow Rd should be capable of beating a poor, disillusioned Norwich City.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They couldn't give a fuck once we're not relegated next couple of seasons, the extra sponsors and new tv deal covers any shortfall.

Anybody who thinks they're here to keep income at around the same level is a fucking idiot and ignorant of business. You're both, and you've got a blatant agenda.

Early and i'm sure most dont care about this just yet.

But just thinking about the game today, it may have cost us more than three points. Agger seems like he will be out for a while, along with Kelly. Shelvey will be out for three games and Borini was also reported as being injured. With out squad being ridiculously weak as it is, who exactly are we going to play next week?

Reina

Flanagan Coates Skrtle Glen

Allen

Gerrard Sahin

Sterling Suarez Suso

I think we could easy be here this time next week discussing another loss, looking at that defence.

fla is about 6th choice at the minute

GJ

Kelly

enrique

wisdom

robbo

flanagan

if kelly is injured then he moves up but he's still way down the list of likely full backs against norwich.

I think we'll see enrique there if kelly is injured.

the big question is if agger is out and BBC gossip are reporting one paper saying he's out for the season then is it carra or coates?

BR was saying this week that the hardest part of his job is not picking carra because of the effort he puts in at training every day. He's already picked coates ahead of him once this season which goes in line with the giving youth a chance policy he has employed so far.

very impressed with suso yesterday. very patient on the ball with an eye for a defence splitting pass.

despite the disappointment of yesterday you have to say it's exciting times with lads like suso, sterling and wisdom getting their chance and taking it.

I think that oversates the case.

The second half of last season was relegation league form- that is unacceptable.

Cup success should come hand in hand with a winning mentality in the league- you can have both. Last season players, and management,let our professionalism slip.

What is beyond question is that whatever team we put out at Carrow Rd should be capable of beating a poor, disillusioned Norwich City.

I expect, hell I demand 9 points from Norwich away, stoke and reading at home to send us into the derby like a juggernaut.

unfortunately over the last few years Stoke have become one of our biggest rivals which says it all really.

Your're?

You're an idiot. This isn't FIFA 13. Lucas Leiva probably thought he was an attacking midfielder. Funny how playing him out of position left him being an indispensable defensive midfielder for us.

Go away now.

Yup Lucas is the best defensive midfielder we have at the moment. Yup you have proven to be the biggest idiot in this thread.

Lucas is just an average midfielder. Nothing more nothing less. No difference with him in or out of the team. Allen being the smarter central midfielder in the team is enough.

Now, sit down.