You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thank God Lucas is back. Clear how much we missed him shielding the defence

As for zonkocunt wishing an injury on our best player, Captain and Liverpool legend, I can only hope the same for you. Preferably one that hurts a lot. You fucking cunt.

Overall, a dismal start. Allen looked alright, but apart from that, we look a total shambles.

But what did anyone really expect from this season? We have a poor squad and if Sahin makes the (correct) choice to join Arsenal, we are even deeper in trouble.

What an embarrassing start for Rodgers. I can't recall a worse debut managerial result from a Liverpool manager in recent history. Although, one positive is that it will make the happy- clapping 'Rodgers is the new Shankly' spastics shut the fuck up in embarrassment for a while.

Worst opening day result since 1937 apparently.

We making an annoying habit of breaking these shit records recently.

Oh and btw, Shanks lost his first game as our manager 4-0........Just saying like.......

Edited by Lycan

I think Suarez should be moved out wide. Play him on the left and bring in someone with some pace upfront. His finishing is erratic as has been mentioned but it would also mean Borini on the right and Downing out the side and hopefully fired out of a cannon somewhere, anywhere.

He definitely operates better coming in off the flanks. He can't lead the line and isn't a calm enough finisher to play in the middle.

He is a scorer of great goals, not a great goal-scorer.

Im going to try to blank this game from my memory and pretend it never happened or put it down a first game abberation.

We where shit but be got no luck either and the 'ref' well what a wanker.

Knowing us we'll probably beat man city next week..........here's hoping.

I fucking hate posts like this.

WBA have a new manager, a new system and new players.

Just like us.

We are wank.

No, we are not 'wank'.

We have better players than West Brom across the park, but they gave 100% and not all players did that. That's inexcusable, the fucking selflish wankers.

The two centre backs were a fucking liability all game, from the off, cocky pricks taking a touch too many every fucking time.

Rodgers needs to get a handle on this cancerous shitty culture of only putting a shift in when it suits them, and he needs to hammer it the fuck out of the club tonight.

Well done Allen, Lucas, Reina, Suarez.

The rest of them should be sent a gift-wrapped dvd of the game as a memento to remind them of that lovely day out they had in Albion in the Summer of 2012.

No, we are not 'wank'.

We have better players than West Brom across the park, but they gave 100% and not all players did that. That's inexcusable, the fucking selflish wankers.

The two centre backs were a fucking liability all game, from the off, cocky pricks taking a touch too many every fucking time.

Rodgers needs to get a handle on this cancerous shitty culture of only putting a shift in when it suits them, and he needs to hammer it the fuck out of the club tonight.

The rest of them should be sent a gift-wrapped dvd of the game as a memento to remind them of that lovely day out they had in Albion in the Summer of 2012.

Why is it that so many loopy mongs who get banned all the time have multiple logins in storage, ready to use straight away?

Yes. That was rhetorical.

I think Suarez should be moved out wide. Play him on the left and bring in someone with some pace upfront. His finishing is erratic as has been mentioned but it would also mean Borini on the right and Downing out the side and hopefully fired out of a cannon somewhere, anywhere.

He definitely operates better coming in off the flanks. He can't lead the line and isn't a calm enough finisher to play in the middle.

He is a scorer of great goals, not a great goal-scorer.

No, we are not 'wank'.

That's the attitude that's held us back for 20 years. Beat team in big game charging round like maniacs and bursting your lungs then lose at home to Coventry, Leicester, lose at home to fucking Barnsley in the FA Cup then beat Inter Milan the next week. Play shite defensive teams and have fuck all urgency then play Man Utd and dive into tackles, playing a high tempo and cause them tons of problems. The week after put a lame performance in at Wigan away and have 2 shots the whole game. Supporting Liverpool is enough to send you bipolar.

That's the attitude that's held us back for 20 years. Beat team in big game charging round like maniacs and bursting your lungs then lose at home to Coventry, Leicester, lose at home to fucking Barnsley in the FA Cup then beat Inter Milan the next week. Play shite defensive teams and have fuck all urgency then play Man Utd and dive into tackles, playing a high tempo and cause them tons of problems. The week after put a lame performance in at Wigan away and have 2 shots the whole game. Supporting Liverpool is enough to send you bipolar.

very true but the man needs time to change that attitude.

Today is the dose of reality we all need. There is a long way to go in turning around our fortunes. until we can beat these teams regularly we'll remain outside the CL spots.

didn't see the game but listening on the radio was enough. hate MOTD but I'll watch it tonight to see what happened us.

I'm not goin to panic just yet. We played up until their goal and we should've been ahead. Which leads me to my next point. We are crying out for a real predator, a cool finisher in the box, because as fantastic a player Luis Suarez maybe, hes a scorer of great goals, not a great goal scorer.

Either buy a new goalscorer or try and play Gerrard and Suarez off of Borini.

Because Suarez just won't score enough goals. I can't say for certain that Borini would either but at this point I just don't think Suarez will.

But getting Downing out of the team and putting Gerrard in a more advanced position where he'll be a proper goal threat couldn't do any harm at this point.

Either buy a new goalscorer or try and play Gerrard and Suarez off of Borini.

Because Suarez just won't score enough goals. I can't say for certain that Borini would either but at this point I just don't think Suarez will.

But getting Downing out of the team and putting Gerrard in a more advanced position where he'll be a proper goal threat couldn't do any harm at this point.

If we somehow manage to pull off this Sahin deal, that might see Gerrard being pushed further foward.

This...

Suarez is infinitely better coming in from either flank (but I particularly think the left is where he should start games). He has more space, and whilst not quite a "burner" pace-wise his technical skill allows him to fool even the quickest of fullbacks and once that happens the CB's shit themselves and either pull off their man/zone or leave him with a chance to shoot. He can provide assists and goals from the left so I don't see why we wouldn't play him there. I'd say the same with Borini for the right, or even play him through the middle for the time being. It's not as though Luis is a prolific header of the ball and they're the same height, which one is more clinical is up for debate but we've seen Luis there before, might as well try Borini if we refuse to play Carroll.

If we don't refuse to play Carroll then play him through the middle whilst Suarez and Borini are wide left and right respectively. Allow the three to interchange at opportune moments (ie - Carroll drifts towards the back post whilst one of the others drift towards the center when its time for crosses) but not randomly (If Carroll plays we shouldn't ever be building up attacks with him anywhere but the middle in my opinion). If we do refuse to play him then sell him, be done with the Carroll saga, and bring in someone like Damiao if not the man himself.

In regards to Damiao, he's Carroll's age, more athletic albeit probably not as strong, and seems capable of both scoring and fooling players with the ball on the ground. He's also not much shorter than him, and seems to have more pace (not that it's saying much because Carroll isn't exactly fast, for whatever reason) and technical ability. For me, he or someone comparable to him is the ideal replacement for Andy Carroll should he be moved on. I'd prefer Carroll gets a chance though because I think he can develop but with the window closing if we aren't going to play him the we should just shift him.

Disclaimer - With Damiao, I've only ever seen him for Brazil who obviously have loads of talent and pace in their squad, but I do feel that in terms of the style we want to play we compare to them. Basically he could be trash for Internacional for all I know, but I could see him or someone similar being the ideal striker in the "front 3" for us.

Damiao would cost an absolute friggin fortune mate. How about Gary Hooper?

We spent that on Carroll though, if we ship him out for 17m pounds or so I think we could afford to buy the Brazilian.

It doesn't have to be him though, just anyone comparable to him. Relatively tall, decent pace, good technically, good at finishing and able to interchange without being completely exposed in the build up.

I don't care if he's Damiao from Brazil or some obscure Macedonian I've never heard of so long as the attributes are present.

We spent that on Carroll though, if we ship him out for 17m pounds or so I think we could afford to buy the Brazilian.

It doesn't have to be him though, just anyone comparable to him. Relatively tall, decent pace, good technically, good at finishing and able to interchange without being completely exposed in the build up.

I don't care if he's Damiao from Brazil or some obscure Macedonian I've never heard of so long as the attributes are present.

Or in Swansea's case £2.5million (for Michu).

Has done well in La Liga by the sounds of it, yet he wasn't ever on our radar.

I won't pretend that i'd heard of him before today, i hadn't.

But then i'm not paid vast amounts of cash to be in charge of acquiring new talent.

We have to stop aiming fo big time charlies looking for a payday.

We need some hungry bargains.

Every transfer window it is proven that such players exist, yet we piss about trying to attract players who don't even want to be here.

Time to put Rodgers theories to the test. Its going to be a rocky ride.

He has to smash a few reputations in the process.

If there is a possibility that Gerrard plays behind the striker, wouldn't Joe Allen take up Gerrard's centre mid position? I'm not sure where Sahin fits in exactly.

Exactly, like he'd join a motorway pile up like us!

EDIT: Reply fail, this was in response to HowieLama, any way I'm off for a few months again people, let's hope we've improved upon my return!!!!

Edited by King Emlyn