You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Places that serve the public but have shite slow computers for the staff to "serve" you, the leisure centre I take my son to has the slowest computers ever, you wait fucking ages to pay and go through the barrier. Went to Lime Street to buy some advance tickets but the shite computers the staff use make it an ordeal and a half. The woman who served me said "it's quicker to do this over the Internet" well then you talk yourself out of a job love.

Places that serve the public but have shite slow computers for the staff to "serve" you, the leisure centre I take my son to has the slowest computers ever, you wait fucking ages to pay and go through the barrier. Went to Lime Street to buy some advance tickets but the shite computers the staff use make it an ordeal and a half. The woman who served me said "it's quicker to do this over the Internet" well then you talk yourself out of a job love.

Train staff are generally cunts. Lime st especially. And the fat cunt at Prescot train station.

Train staff are generally cunts. Lime st especially. And the fat cunt at Prescot train station.

When did the British Rail replace train staff with doormen? Went on the train for the first time in ages recently and it was an Uncle Fred-fest. Aggresive scumbag cunts at every barrier.

When did the British Rail replace train staff with doormen? Went on the train for the first time in ages recently and it was an Uncle Fred-fest. Aggresive scumbag cunts at every barrier.

I remember the train from Lime St. to London... and the ticket checker was getting all arsey with some teens because one of them had a youth ticket and he was just a year too old... Talking about how he was going to get the police and stuff, and started getting all pissy with the kid.

The kid was bullshitting, but it was convincing... Saying he thought it was til a certain age, etc.

Just make him pay the difference. It's not a big fucking deal.

I remember the train from Lime St. to London... and the ticket checker was getting all arsey with some teens because one of them had a youth ticket and he was just a year too old... Talking about how he was going to get the police and stuff, and started getting all pissy with the kid.

The kid was bullshitting, but it was convincing... Saying he thought it was til a certain age, etc.

Just make him pay the difference. It's not a big fucking deal.

There's a standard £20 fine.

Plus he has to deal with it all day so, while it seems like a small moment to customers, it must be a common and irriating part of the job for him. The kid is the one making his day worse for the sake of a couple of quid, not the other way around.

I have to say I've never had issues with rail staff on Merseyside, or anywhere else for that matter. Back in July 2005 I was stopped at St Pancras in London, back when the Met Police were dealing with the 7/7 and De Menezes aftermath. I just had to fill out a disclaimer form, and I initially assumed it might be because I could easily pass for an Islamic terrorist (if I grow a bloody great big beard that is). They also stopped a couple of white people too, one of which had a cockney accent, so it definitely wasn't racial discrimination from what I could tell. The Met and the Transport Police were calm and polite throughout, probably because I was in no way being shifty or evasive. The only time I've seen rail staff getting arsey is when they are clearly dealing with absolute cunts, so the attitude is justifiable.

There's a standard £20 fine.

Plus he has to deal with it all day so, while it seems like a small moment to customers, it must be a common and irriating part of the job for him. The kid is the one making his day worse for the sake of a couple of quid, not the other way around.

He was well over the top, Pidge, and it was like 1pm... So unless he's been having a REAL shit morning, I reckon he was out of line.

The kid wasn't giving him any backtalk, or attitude. The kid knew his goose was cooked, and I reckon the ticket checker just wanted to bully him because they weren't a gang of scalls who would likely intimidate the ticket checker to overlook it. (which I've also seen)

Let's combine both recent topics; Vending machines at train stations, what a fucking rip-off! There's one at South Parkway charging over a pound for a bar of chocolate. They've also got those shite 'Boost' energy drinks, the cans have got 55p printed on them, yet it costs £1.50 to get them out of the machine. Thieving bastards.

I almost bought a bar of chocolate there the other week until I realised that the mong that puts stuff in there had stuck the delightful Wispa golds behind a line of 3 distinctly average Crunchie bars. Madness I tell you, heads should roll.

People who ask if they can go in front of me in the super market because they only have 2 items and I am doing a big shop. No you fucking can't.

Why the anger, PD? I have made request several times to do the same in the past (less so recently since the advent of the self service tills.....a deep seam for rantage in other respects, I grant you) and have offered to let people go in front of me when I've had a trolley full (not a euphemism for being pissed) and almost without exception people have been very happy to let me go ahead of them and has often provoked a bit of banter about shared experiences. Dont see the harm myself

Why the anger, PD? I have made request several times to do the same in the past (less so recently since the advent of the self service tills.....a deep seam for rantage in other respects, I grant you) and have offered to let people go in front of me when I've had a trolley full (not a euphemism for being pissed) and almost without exception people have been very happy to let me go ahead of them and has often provoked a bit of banter about shared experiences. Dont see the harm myself

Would depend on how posh your two items were.

Where do we draw the line though? If I have 50 items and someone has 10 is that worthy of going ahead of me? Queuing is based on order and patience, its just tough if you're behind me.

To be honest the ones who don't ask are the worst. I'm talking about the ones who stand close presenting their one item in.a way you can't help but see it anticipating an invitation to jump the queue. Not on my watch.

Would depend on how posh your two items were.

At first I thought your references to a neg I once gave you in a thread about sandwiches were a joke. Now I am beginning to think I have really, really upset you.

If so I am deeply sorry. Get the butler to pass you a tissue

Bosses. I got a text at about four oclock today saying I needed to ring him urgently about some work they've got for me over the next week. So I rang him as soon as I saw I had the text. He told me that him, his wife and her brother have all been sending me emails all day with little bits to do and this big job we've got on at the moment and when am I free from Uni work to get on with it. I told them I am free tonight, tomorrow night, wednesday all day and thursday night. He tells me that all of them except thursday are 'ok' (Like he had any other choice?) and that he'd send some more stuff over today and I can crack on with it all tonight because it needs it all done by thursday to get it printed, if I had any problems to text/email him tonight.

Anyway I told him I couldn't start til about half nine tonight cos I play poker on Monday nights which he accepts, I do actually need some social time in amongst working for him and earning a degree. I got in from the poker at about twenty past nine and sit straight down at the computer, have a read of all the emails and sort out what needs to be done soonest. I sent him an email back, his wife an email back, and him a text saying I needed some more guidance on the most important job which actually needs to be finished by wednesday lunch time.

I haven't heard a thing back, two hours later. I've just been sat around, doing absolutely nothing. In the 6-7 emails I got from them, I actually can't do any work without speaking to them, and now they've disappeared.

Whilst we are talking queues, I hate those little cub scout bastards who sit at the end of the tills and pack for you every Christmas or Sunday or whenever they need a new fucking clubhouse.

No-one seems to get my anger towards them but I hate the fact that most of the time I pay by card and I end up having to swerve a perfectly empty till point they're orbiting for a busier one or worse still apologise to them for having fuck all money in advance like some weak, pathetic cunt that can't stare down a pre-teen.

You even have to fake pat down your own pockets to make it appear you're desperately searching for a mystery pound which you know in your heart of hearts is never there. Yet you have to go through the same charade every time just to appear to be a citizen.

I want an opt in service, not an opt out one that makes me look like a tight ass to everyone else in the queue. All of them condemning me with their eyes because they had the foresight to bring a fifty pence piece because they knew the expectant twats might be in this week. I end up feeling bad that they had to open up the shitty, impossible to open bags and put my one item in there for nothing. I wasn't even going to take a bag for it.

And just how fucking bad it is when you're doing a proper shop, especially around Christmas. Hundreds of items and their labour wasted. A fifty pound kid lifting a twenty pound Turkey isn't cool. Half of them couldn't manage a 1L Ribena Toothkind. Makes me feel like downsizing to a mere drumstick or getting some fairy cake paper cases just to give him something he can manage. And when he can't, he may even have to call over one of the adults on day release after serving his Operation Ore sentence. But then again they're so old they'll crumble to dust at the very hint of a bit of lifting.

Then, when you didn't think it could get any worse, the cashier asks me if I want cashback right after I'm done apologising for having none. Bitch should fucking whisper that shit or throw out a signal. The woggle wearing fuckers eyes light up as if they're going to get a crisp give pound note out of this, especially after seeing my Platinum Card sticking out of the payment machine. As if that'll save Timmy from getting hoop fingered by the Arkala.

I now tend to make a point of buying some pretty outlandish items when I know they're in to embarrass them and the girlfriend. Pick one of the scavvy little fuckers that still has a little innocence about them and roll some condoms and cucumbers down the conveyer belt. Throw a durex pleasure lube in there and see how eager they are to do me a community service.

My only hope is that the planets all align and I happen to bring my once yearly collection of coins to use in one of those change machines that take ten percent. If ever that happens I'll buy the help of all of them as a collective. I want to be carried out of the store like a rock legend surfing a crowd.

Well, that's a rant and a half and I share some of your annoyance but I'm not sure if its for the exactly the same reasons.. I just dont like having to justify my decisions to someone I've never clapped eyes on (the collectors, not you) For one, I almost always bring my own bags but they're ripping the shop ones open before I can say 'I've got my own bags, thanks' and then I dont really want anyone else packing my stuff as I dont want my bread squashed by a bag of potatoes, thanks, and, if its a big shop, I'll pack a bag of cupboard stuff and a bag of fridge stuff and I'd have to explain that. And all that's before I've worked out what they're collecting for because I may not want to help a scout go off on holiday to South America when I havent managed to get out of the country myself this year. Sorry, that's just the way it is. I'm sure there's more

And, be afraid, CP, we will shortly be entering their peak period. Or, head to a less upmarket store. They're not daft these people as they know which shops are the most lucrative. Our local Waitrose can pocket you several thousand quid for a 2 hour stint on a busy pre Christmas weekend

Where do we draw the line though? If I have 50 items and someone has 10 is that worthy of going ahead of me? Queuing is based on order and patience, its just tough if you're behind me.

To be honest the ones who don't ask are the worst. I'm talking about the ones who stand close presenting their one item in.a way you can't help but see it anticipating an invitation to jump the queue. Not on my watch.

At first I thought your references to a neg I once gave you in a thread about sandwiches were a joke. Now I am beginning to think I have really, really upset you.

If so I am deeply sorry. Get the butler to pass you a tissue

Silk kerchief, I'll thank you to know.

Well, that's a rant and a half and I share some of your annoyance but I'm not sure if its for the exactly the same reasons.. I just dont like having to justify my decisions to someone I've never clapped eyes on (the collectors, not you) For one, I almost always bring my own bags but they're ripping the shop ones open before I can say 'I've got my own bags, thanks' and then I dont really want anyone else packing my stuff as I dont want my bread squashed by a bag of potatoes, thanks, and, if its a big shop, I'll pack a bag of cupboard stuff and a bag of fridge stuff and I'd have to explain that. And all that's before I've worked out what they're collecting for because I may not want to help a scout go off on holiday to South America when I havent managed to get out of the country myself this year. Sorry, that's just the way it is. I'm sure there's more

And, be afraid, CP, we will shortly be entering their peak period. Or, head to a less upmarket store. They're not daft these people as they know which shops are the most lucrative. Our local Waitrose can pocket you several thousand quid for a 2 hour stint on a busy pre Christmas weekend

The only answer to to be one of those weird people who shop at 4am in the morning I guess.