You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

As for straight girls going to Gay bars won't they please think of the Homosexuals who go to the club to actually spend time with other Homosexuals. Can they not just go to someones house, get lashed on Jacobs creek and bitch about how fat some celebrity is rather than steal Gay culture? If it's about not getting hassled when they go out, why go out?

Some would say they are one and the same.

Some would say they are one and the same.

Heh.

Along the same lines. The amount of gay storylines in soaps. At least half the cast of Coronation Street have become gay or lesbian, or cross dressers. Having run out of gay storylines in the 80s when being gay was still considered an issue, they go over the same old shit - gay adoption, gay marriage, and now gay people who stop being gay because they fancy someone of the opposite sex, which causes outrage. People who've never been gay suddenly becoming gay or whatever. Gay.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

"It wasn't too long ago...that homosexuality was illegal!" Gene Hunt Life on Mars

But i hear you Section 31 (although haven't watched a soap in years) and it doesn't end there.....i used to like Coach Trip (1 gay being enough with the bloke in charge of the coach) or Come Dine with Me.....but no longer em watch as its full of mincing camp gays! Not Homophobic like, as i like The Pet Shop Boys etc...but camp mincy gays? Not for me

"It wasn't too long ago...that homosexuality was illegal!" Gene Hunt Life on Mars

But i hear you Section 31 (although haven't watched a soap in years) and it doesn't end there.....i used to like Coach Trip (1 gay being enough with the bloke in charge of the coach) or Come Dine with Me.....but no longer em watch as its full of mincing camp gays! Not Homophobic like, as i like The Pet Shop Boys etc...but camp mincy gays? Not for me

Especially that Louie somebody who has something to do with Pineapple Dance Studio.

Despise that cunt I do.

Talking about gays, people being outraged on their behalf. There's a gay in my office and he had to re-do some procedures for work so had to come in on the weekend just gone by.

I was chatting to him about my plans for my days off and was talking about f***y he said you sure you don't want to come in and help me out. I just laughed and said nah, the last thing I want to do this weekend is watch you mincing around the office. He just started laughing, the some knob from the office next door starts telling me I can't day that its homophobic and the like. The gay lad told him to shut the fuck up and stop being so precious.

Spence. Love a camp man, me

Women always do.

No wonder us men are becoming redundant.

I guessed you might be commenting on this and to be honest it was a bit obvious on my part...but if it makes you feel any better, its not a sexual thing...you 'real men' still have your uses :whistle:

Birds who go to gay bars so they "don't get pestered". Some bird in our work said the other day "I go to The G bar so I don't get pestered by knobheads, gay men just leave you alone".

Arrogant bitch, you think you are so gorgeous that every man fancies you and will instantly want to smash you as soon as they set eyes upon you. I've heard quite a few women say this in the past but think if they didn't want to be pestered they shouldn't dress like a slag and flirt with men to get free drinks off them. Also assumes that every man is a sex pest who will take time out of his night out having a laugh with his mates to follow some random bird around acting like a potential rapist.

She's likely marginal at best... a munter most likely...

Heh.

Along the same lines. The amount of gay storylines in soaps. At least half the cast of Coronation Street have become gay or lesbian, or cross dressers. Having run out of gay storylines in the 80s when being gay was still considered an issue, they go over the same old shit - gay adoption, gay marriage, and now gay people who stop being gay because they fancy someone of the opposite sex, which causes outrage. People who've never been gay suddenly becoming gay or whatever. Gay.

I blame ChickenLicken and his 'situational bum/fanny' thing

I guessed you might be commenting on this and to be honest it was a bit obvious on my part...but if it makes you feel any better' date=' its not a sexual thing...you 'real men' still have your uses :whistle:[/quote']

Thanks for rescuing our fragile male egos.

May I ask what the attraction of these massively camp and mincing gays is over a normal appearing man who happens to be gay minus the overt show of gayness?

Thanks for rescuing our fragile male egos.

May I ask what the attraction of these massively camp and mincing gays is over a normal appearing man who happens to be gay minus the overt show of gayness?

You're welcome! I never said anything about not liking 'straight appearing' gay men (cant think of the technical term) too and I'm really not one for sweeping generalisations so I might have to give my answer to your question some thought (because I'm meant to be doing something else just now)

I'm really not one for sweeping generalisations so I might have to give my answer to your question some thought

Well, I'm not sure I'm that much closer to a coherent answer but its something to do with them being men but men often in touch with their feminine side, in all its glorious facets, good and bad, and in those that I meet, perhaps like the subject of Doctor Troy's ire, the opportunity for interaction with men but without the messiness of any confusion of motives...and...and... just their campness :whistle:

Well, I'm not sure I'm that much closer to a coherent answer but its something to do with them being men but men often in touch with their feminine side, in all its glorious facets, good and bad, and in those that I meet, perhaps like the subject of Doctor Troy's ire, the opportunity for interaction with men but without the messiness of any confusion of motives...and...and... just their campness :whistle:

I find the 'campness' is usually overt, and totally unnecessary. Women often complain about men hiding their feelings, but to me, this is one big 'hide' - the need to go over the top with campness. It gives me the creeps.

I really don't care if someone's gay or not. I don't mind if some aspects of 'straight' don't work for them (drinking too much beer, football, dress sense etc), but there's no need to adopt an affected voice or walk, or be overly dramatic with greetings. "Hello" will do.

It seems such an irony that many women think camp men are being 'themselves' - I'm not buying it.

I find the 'campness' is usually overt, and totally unnecessary. Women often complain about men hiding their feelings, but to me, this is one big 'hide' - the need to go over the top with campness. It gives me the creeps.

I really don't care if someone's gay or not. I don't mind if some aspects of 'straight' don't work for them (drinking too much beer, football, dress sense etc), but there's no need to adopt an affected voice or walk, or be overly dramatic with greetings. "Hello" will do.

It seems such an irony that many women think camp men are being 'themselves' - I'm not buying it.

I agree with all this. Deliberate campness is like saying "Hey look at me, I'm gay, proud and am not going to try and hide it or be embarrassed." I respect much more a gay man who is also a "man's man" and doesn't shun football and beer drinking just because of who he is.

Interesting stuff all of these observations on the characteristics of homosexuals.

I am hetrosexual, but I have a homosexual son. He's a cool dresser, into cool music, is a great musician and comes to the footie with me and we enjoy beers together. There is no "outward sign" that he is gay. Not that I would give a toss quite frankly. He's my best mate and I love him more than life itself. He's also lucky in that has an amazing awareness of who he is, has belief in who he is and has strong principles and self-confidence. Very assured and comfortable in his own skin.

Perhaps the more "outwardly gay" individuals are more insecure? Perhaps they enjoy behaving that way? Perhaps they like to stir up a bit of controversy? Perhaps its just who they ARE?

So what? Plenty of hetrosexual people like to do these things also. To be contoversial. to be "look at me", to act in a stereotypical manner to amplify certain charecteristics they may have. It's about personality not sexual leaning in my humble opinion.

Interesting stuff all of these observations on the characteristics of homosexuals.

I am hetrosexual, but I have a homosexual son. He's a cool dresser, into cool music, is a great musician and comes to the footie with me and we enjoy beers together. There is no "outward sign" that he is gay. Not that I would give a toss quite frankly. He's my best mate and I love him more than life itself. He's also lucky in that has an amazing awareness of who he is, has belief in who he is and has strong principles and self-confidence. Very assured and comfortable in his own skin.

Perhaps the more "outwardly gay" individuals are more insecure? Perhaps they enjoy behaving that way? Perhaps they like to stir up a bit of controversy? Perhaps its just who they ARE?

So what? Plenty of hetrosexual people like to do these things also. To be contoversial. to be "look at me", to act in a stereotypical manner to amplify certain charecteristics they may have. It's about personality not sexual leaning in my humble opinion.

Fair points, we are all 'sheep' in some sense, even if we are in the 'anti convention' camp.

I suppose, deep down, I just think (of overtly camp types) that there's no need to 'conform' to a stereotypical gay guy, or to compensate for something. It doesn't and shouldn't matter. All of that of course, presupposes that MY assumption it's false is correct. There's just as many body building, skin head 'hard man' types in the heterosexual world to who might be over compensating too. But if we didn't have them, we'd all end up looking and acting like Civil Servants (another stereotype!) wouldn't we?

I think all in all, I'm just against people feeling they HAVE to act a certain way. But we all do it, truth be told.

Fair points' date=' we are all 'sheep' in some sense, even if we are in the 'anti convention' camp.

I suppose, deep down, I just think (of overtly camp types) that there's no need to 'conform' to a stereotypical gay guy, or to compensate for something. It doesn't and shouldn't matter. All of that of course, presupposes that MY assumption it's false is correct. There's just as many body building, skin head 'hard man' types in the heterosexual world to who might be over compensating too. But if we didn't have them, we'd all end up looking and acting like Civil Servants (another stereotype!) wouldn't we?

I think all in all, I'm just against people feeling they HAVE to act a certain way. But we all do it, truth be told.[/quote']

I suppose my issue is with television producers and directors filling our screens with them instead of just controversial characters whose sexuality or lifestyle is not their whole persona.