You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cider.

lifetime fan

I deviated from my usual Weston's Old Rosie and tried some of the Addlestone's cloudy. Foul stuff, too bitter an aftertaste, very watery consistency for a cloudy and seems more like someone's mixed a weak lager in with what could've been a half decent cider. Looking closer, I hadn't realised it's a Gaymer's cider in all but name, which would've tipped me off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Aldi have just started doing a “Specially Selected” Cider for under two quid for a 750ml bottle. It’s fucking lovely - 7.4% and made by Weston’s. Get on it cider heads. Ridiculously good value.

I’m popping in later as they’ve updated their Gin selection for today too so I’ll grab one of these on your request

• 2 months later...

Got given some Waitrose Duchy organic Herefordshire vintage cider for Christmas. Pretty disappointing considering the poncy name; a semi-respectable 5.0%, but it lacks any kind of body or aftertaste. It's not unpleasant, but it's too watery. Oh, and 2016 shouldn't be considered "vintage", I don't touch a home brew unless it's at least a year or two old.

Got given some Waitrose Duchy organic Herefordshire vintage cider for Christmas. Pretty disappointing considering the poncy name; a semi-respectable 5.0%, but it lacks any kind of body or aftertaste. It's not unpleasant, but it's too watery. Oh, and 2016 shouldn't be considered "vintage", I don't touch a home brew unless it's at least a year or two old.

u wot m8

I think thats made for them by Henry Westons... Weston's is one of the very few of the majors to actually squash a load of apples to make their cider. The vast majority bring in tanker loads of apple juice. (I get around loads of the beer & cider gaffs in my line of work) I have no affiliation with Westons but if you are ever in the area its worth visiting. 

• Upvote 1