You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iran Accuses US and Israel

VladimirIlyich

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of us who refuse to take sides in this tedious conflict will just keep laughing at those who deny facts in order to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay.

Refusing to take a side isn't some brilliantly objective moral standpoint.

When one is a nuclear superpower that is happy to murder aid workers coming in on boats then maybe it's time to wonder if you're wearing blue and white blinkers.

As I stated before, Israel would wipe it's enemies of the map if given a chance. The use of that whimper isn't going to fly.

Whichever way you want to try and get round it Israel is a massive military superpower with the backing of the most powerful military nation in the history of mankind and it is collectively punishing a region with no military strength whatsoever; committing war crimes.

And, this, at this time, is about elections, not rockets. Which makes it all the more disgusting.

When one is a nuclear superpower that is happy to murder aid workers coming in on boats then maybe it's time to wonder if you're wearing blue and white blinkers.

As I stated before, Israel would wipe it's enemies of the map if given a chance. The use of that whimper isn't going to fly.

Whichever way you want to try and get round it Israel is a massive military superpower with the backing of the most powerful military nation in the history of mankind and it is collectively punishing a region with no military strength whatsoever; committing war crimes.

And, this, at this time, is about elections, not rockets. Which makes it all the more disgusting.

And vice versa. Which is the problem

Sure, one side is stronger than the other, but that doesn't make the weaker side automatically righteous by virtue of that fact.

Do you honestly not think that, if these apparent positions of power were reversed, the opposite would be true?

In some ways you want to eat your cake and have it too. According to you, Israel is so much stronger than its enemies, but at the same time, it's incapable of wiping out its enemies?

Not that I remotely buy the claim that Israel wants to wipe everyone out, but I don't see how Israel can be simultaneously powerful and weak. It's either powerful enough to wipe out its enemies, but chooses not to, or it's not as powerful as you claim. You cannot have it both ways.

ODZ nailed it earlier in the thread when he pointed out how easy it is for us here to sit in judgment of these people from thousands of miles away. This is not a black and white situation. How many situations ever are?

far from it, but none of them are subjugating their hosts in quite so despicable a fashion.

"Hosts"? What is that supposed to mean? You make it sound like Jews are strangers in their native land.

No one is suggesting for a minute that Jews should be wiped out. Don't conflate the issue. Just relocate Israel, or hand it back to the Palestinians, or turn it into the Belgium of the middle east.

Oh right, that's so simple. Let's relocate Israel to some imaginary land and that will solve the problem. Can we all move to the Wirral? I've heard Birkenhead was a shithole, I'm sure we can revive that area.

The Arab/Muslim conflict will be over, because Israel is the sole reason they are pissed. With it gone, the sand from their collective vaginas will disappear. They will become peaceful natives of this planet and they will have no issue with the Western world. This is what you don't understand about the extreme fundamentalist Muslim movement that Hamas is just a part of. Hamas is not a part of the Palestinian resistance movement that fight for independence. That's not what they want. All you have to do to realize what they want is listen to them. But it's okay, you'll soon figure it out, Europe is a demographic time bomb.

It's not Jews, it's Israelis that are the problem. There are Jews all over the world living perfectly happily, and contributing to societies from Canada to Australia. Israel, however, is a scourge, a shameful place.

First of all, Israelis are not the problem. Israeli and Palestinian decision makers are the problem. If both sides genuinely wanted peace, there would be a peace treaty within six months. I'm not kidding. Put me in charge, I seal the deal with Abu Mazen in a couple of months, and I'm not simplifying the conflict. It's really more simple than people realize, whoever says that it's a "complicated affair" is a bullshitter. Here's the essence of it:

1. Arabs want to destroy Israel.

2. Israel wants to hold on to as much territory as it can.

As long as these two things continue, there will not be peace. Israel needs to give up the idea of expansion by settlement. They need to fuck that off, but fucking that off is not enough for the conflict to end. There was no occuption in 1947 when the Arabs wanted to kill us. There was no occupation in 1967 when the Arabs still wanted to kill us. The notion that the occupation is the cause of the conflict is nonsense, the occupation was a result of the conflict. The conflict started when the Arabs wanted to kill us, and we wanted to survive. We then beat them over and over again and got cocky, conquered the West Bank and Gaza in 1967 and thought we could settle in a land of dispute and get away with it. Israel's government got greedy.

But the Arabs? And I do say Arabs because it's much more than a "Palestinian" issue. The Palestinians did not exist as a nation in 1948 (check history). Most of them still want to kill us, most of them see an independent Palestinian state as one step towards annhilating Israel, not ending the hostility. They need to give that up. They need to accept that there's going to be a tiny Jewish state, the only Jewish state, surrounded by large and vast Arab nations and deal with it. Shut the fuck up about it already and move your backward, ignorant and illiterate infested countries forward.

Cant we all just get along?

I thought' date=' in my youth that the best way to solve the middle eastern problem was to nuke them all. But then I realised as I got older and wiser that would be ridiculous.

Maybe some kind of poisonous gas?[/quote']

Tried that. Didn't work. Only succeeded in giving them something to whine about for the next 60 years and an excuse for further cuntery.

On the BBC early this morning they interviewed some British woman who lives out in Israel and she was saying how she is fleeing the country. The sirens have frightened her children and she was forced to drive out of her town without even getting a chance to put on the kids seat belts. All while her husband is out of the country on business. Terrible terrible business all were saying.

Cut to Gaza showing buildings flattened and injured Palestinians being rushed hospital. Now lets take a look at the weather.

Oh right, that's so simple. Let's relocate Israel to some imaginary land and that will solve the problem. Can we all move to the Wirral? I've heard Birkenhead was a shithole, I'm sure we can revive that area.

The Arab/Muslim conflict will be over, because Israel is the sole reason they are pissed. With it gone, the sand from their collective vaginas will disappear. They will become peaceful natives of this planet and they will have no issue with the Western world. This is what you don't understand about the extreme fundamentalist Muslim movement that Hamas is just a part of. Hamas is not a part of the Palestinian resistance movement that fight for independence. That's not what they want. All you have to do to realize what they want is listen to them. But it's okay, you'll soon figure it out, Europe is a demographic time bomb.

First of all, Israelis are not the problem. Israeli and Palestinian decision makers are the problem. If both sides genuinely wanted peace, there would be a peace treaty within six months. I'm not kidding. Put me in charge, I seal the deal with Abu Mazen in a couple of months, and I'm not simplifying the conflict. It's really more simple than people realize, whoever says that it's a "complicated affair" is a bullshitter. Here's the essence of it:

As long as these two things continue, there will not be peace. Israel needs to give up the idea of expansion by settlement. They need to fuck that off, but fucking that off is not enough for the conflict to end. There was no occuption in 1947 when the Arabs wanted to kill us. There was no occupation in 1967 when the Arabs still wanted to kill us. The notion that the occupation is the cause of the conflict is nonsense, the occupation was a result of the conflict. The conflict started when the Arabs wanted to kill us, and we wanted to survive. We then beat them over and over again and got cocky, conquered the West Bank and Gaza in 1967 and thought we could settle in a land of dispute and get away with it. Israel's government got greedy.

But the Arabs? And I do say Arabs because it's much more than a "Palestinian" issue. The Palestinians did not exist as a nation in 1948 (check history). Most of them still want to kill us, most of them see an independent Palestinian state as one step towards annhilating Israel, not ending the hostility. They need to give that up. They need to accept that there's going to be a tiny Jewish state, the only Jewish state, surrounded by large and vast Arab nations and deal with it. Shut the fuck up about it already and move your backward, ignorant and illiterate infested countries forward.

I don't need to comment on that. You've done it all for me.

I don't need to comment on that. You've done it all for me.

You don't need to comment on that because you have nothing to say. You have nothing to say that is based on facts and historical events, only on your distorted, demented views that make you feel morally superior but in reality, only exposes you for the complete nonsensical bullshitter you are.

Now grow up and either learn some history, or stay away from subjects you know nothing about but is too proud to admit because of your vulnerable ego.

Sure, one side is stronger than the other, but that doesn't make the weaker side automatically righteous by virtue of that fact.

Do you honestly not think that, if these apparent positions of power were reversed, the opposite would be true?

In some ways you want to eat your cake and have it too. According to you, Israel is so much stronger than its enemies, but at the same time, it's incapable of wiping out its enemies?

Not that I remotely buy the claim that Israel wants to wipe everyone out, but I don't see how Israel can be simultaneously powerful and weak. It's either powerful enough to wipe out its enemies, but chooses not to, or it's not as powerful as you claim. You cannot have it both ways.

ODZ nailed it earlier in the thread when he pointed out how easy it is for us here to sit in judgment of these people from thousands of miles away. This is not a black and white situation. How many situations ever are?

It's not incapable of it, being a nuclear power sees to that. It just can't get away with it. If it knew there would be no repercussions I have no doubt that a nation that murders aid workers in the full light of the world's media would happily wipe its enemies off the map. I'd like to hear the logic of the argument that says they wouldn't?

The point you're missing here, SD, is that of the positions were reversed I'd be sticking up for Israel and castigating the massive Arab superpower that was crushing them. I'd be letting them get away with a lot more as an opressed and occupied underdog scrapping for its life. If the positions were reversed your stance would not reverse with it. You would not be standing up for the Arab superpower and its right to defend itself. You'd not be using silly talk of 300 rockets (none of which caused a fatality) to try and ask for balance.

You'd be screaming from the rooftops about how the world is allowing these war crimes to continue.

That's the problem with your moral stance: it is based on the flags, not on the facts.

I think you'll find that Israel didn't exist before 1948 either, other than in the imaginations of the snakeoil salesmen who compiled the Bible and those who believed in its fairy tales. A land promised by a 'God' to a 'chosen' people is the root claim that Zionists use to justify their settling in the particular part of the middle east that they now occupy. If Jews really wanted to 'return' to their land of origin then a chunk of Iraq (Mesopotaemia) should have been their spiritual destination. And there was oil in that there sand, too. But that's what you get when you are led by 'backward, ignorant and illiterate' people. Zionists, eh? Bloody hell.

Another brilliant post ODZ. One point I'd add to the following:

As long as these two things continue, there will not be peace. Israel needs to give up the idea of expansion by settlement. They need to fuck that off, but fucking that off is not enough for the conflict to end. There was no occuption in 1947 when the Arabs wanted to kill us. There was no occupation in 1967 when the Arabs still wanted to kill us. The notion that the occupation is the cause of the conflict is nonsense, the occupation was a result of the conflict.

We ought also to note that Arab violence against Jews in Palestine pre-dates the creation of Israel. For instance:

1920 Nebi Musa riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jaffa riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1929 Hebron massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So anyone trying to portray this conflict as something which began when the mean old backwards westernised Jews started a country in progressive medieval Arab territory is sadly mistaken.

You don't need to comment on that because you have nothing to say. You have nothing to say that is based on facts and historical events, only on your distorted, demented views that make you feel morally superior but in reality, only exposes you for the complete nonsensical bullshitter you are.

Now grow up and either learn some history, or stay away from subjects you know nothing about but is too proud to admit because of your vulnerable ego.

I'm well aware of the history, political and otherwise, you cheeky fucker. I certainly don't need your typically skewed version of it. I have the additional context of actually visiting Israel on more than one occasion, and working with and dealing with Israelis over many years. I know several British Jews who are embarrassed, resentful, and ashamed of the behaviour of the Israelis. Your post was absolutely typical of the shite emanating from Israelis who genuinely believe they have a moderate and relatively objective view. Perhaps you do, for an Israeli, but let's not pretend it stands up in any other context.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

My lord, the Zionist liars are right.at it in this thread. Even using words like 'fact' and 'history'. I don't have time to spend in this thread, but what a load of bollocks.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nah, just a bit annoyed. I've got lots of work to do before I finish my job next week, so can't spend hours arguing against the bullshit. Frustrates me a bit.

My lord, the Zionist liars are right.at it in this thread. Even using words like 'fact' and 'history'. I don't have time to spend in this thread, but what a load of bollocks.

No, apparently all you've got time to do is throw around nasty, baseless smears like "Zionist liars".