You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iran Accuses US and Israel

VladimirIlyich

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like ODZ will have as much influence over when this is resolved as you or I. If you're so keen at leaving it to them, then perhaps I can suggest you step out of the thread. I told you when I retaliated to your neg suggesting that I stop commenting on it that this will not be resolved by Israel, or at least not to a timetable or an endgame of their own design.

Israel and Palestine is not Rwanda. Completely irrelevant.

Yep, they are not the same, not at all. What happened in Rwanda was just a few hundred thousand times worse as far as human suffering goes. Relevant? Well, I base my perspective on having worked in real life stuff.

ODZ will be one of the primary participants in the solution in his part of the world. You will not, and I will not, unless we go there and do something, however we'd have to do it on the terms of situation on the ground, which is not always so simple when you are there.

Also, I will step out of the thread when I please...

"Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima". "There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles".

Ariel Sharon's lad, Gilad.

Nice.

The son of a war criminal has a warped sense of morality? You do surprise me.

"Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima". "There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles".

Ariel Sharon's lad, Gilad.

Nice.

It's stunning when prominent Israelis use the language of the Final Solution without appearing to be aware of any irony.

Here's the full article.

A decisive conclusion is necessary - JPost - Opinion - Op-Eds

Anyone who thinks Hamas is going to beg for a cease-fire, that Operation Pillar of Defense will draw to a close and quiet will reign in the South because we hit targets in the Gaza Strip, needs to think again.

With the elimination of a murderous terrorist and the destruction of Hamas’s long-range missile stockpile, the operation was off to an auspicious start, but what now? This must not be allowed to end as did Operation Cast Lead: We bomb them, they fire missiles at us, and then a cease-fire, followed by “showers” – namely sporadic missile fire and isolated incidents along the fence. Life under such a rain of death is no life at all, and we cannot allow ourselves to become resigned to it.

A strong opening isn’t enough, you also have to know how to finish – and finish decisively. If it isn’t clear whether the ball crossed the goal-line or not, the goal isn’t decisive. The ball needs to hit the net, visible to all. What does a decisive victory sound like? A Tarzan-like cry that lets the entire jungle know in no uncertain terms just who won, and just who was defeated.

To accomplish this, you need to achieve what the other side can’t bear, can’t live with, and our initial bombing campaign isn’t it.

THE DESIRE to prevent harm to innocent civilians in Gaza will ultimately lead to harming the truly innocent: the residents of southern Israel. The residents of Gaza are not innocent, they elected Hamas. The Gazans aren’t hostages; they chose this freely, and must live with the consequences.

The Gaza Strip functions as a state – it has a government and conducts foreign relations, there are schools, medical facilities, there are armed forces and all the other trappings of statehood. We have no territorial conflict with “Gaza State,” and it is not under Israeli siege – it shares a border with Egypt. Despite this, it fires on our citizens without restraint.

Why do our citizens have to live with rocket fire from Gaza while we fight with our hands tied? Why are the citizens of Gaza immune? If the Syrians were to open fire on our towns, would we not attack Damascus? If the Cubans were to fire at Miami, wouldn’t Havana suffer the consequences? That’s what’s called “deterrence” – if you shoot at me, I’ll shoot at you. There is no justification for the State of Gaza being able to shoot at our towns with impunity. We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.

There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire.

Were this to happen, the images from Gaza might be unpleasant – but victory would be swift, and the lives of our soldiers and civilians spared.

IF THE government isn’t prepared to go all the way on this, it will mean reoccupying the entire Gaza Strip. Not a few neighborhoods in the suburbs, as with Cast Lead, but the entire Strip, like in Defensive Shield, so that rockets can no longer be fired.

There is no middle path here – either the Gazans and their infrastructure are made to pay the price, or we reoccupy the entire Gaza Strip. Otherwise there will be no decisive victory. And we’re running out of time – we must achieve victory quickly. The Netanyahu government is on a short international leash. Soon the pressure will start – and a million civilians can’t live under fire for long. This needs to end quickly – with a bang, not a whimper.

Some countries deserve to be flattened?

You're not just a cunt, you're also a prick. Go fuck yourself.

Yeah, dangerous ones filled with bloodthirsty religious lunatics who torture and hang people for crimes against Allah, being gay, or foreign.

Iran’s perpetual widespread persecution of ethnic minorities, human rights defenders and political prisoners is disgusting and any regime that allows women to be stoned to death needs fucking flattening so that they can start again..

And as soon as they give anyone a decent reason to (like having anything resembling a weapon) that's exactly what will happen.

Yeah, dangerous ones filled with bloodthirsty religious lunatics who torture and hang people for crimes against Allah, being gay, or foreign.

Iran’s perpetual widespread persecution of ethnic minorities, human rights defenders and political prisoners is disgusting and any regime that allows women to be stoned to death needs fucking flattening so that they can start again..

And as soon as they give anyone a decent reason to (like having anything resembling a weapon) that's exactly what will happen.

So innocent women and children being flattened by a bomb is ok , but being stoned to death is out of the question then ?

So innocent women and children being flattened by a bomb is ok , but being stoned to death is out of the question then ?

The regime is the bit that needs destroying. I would prefer the civilian casualties to be kept to a minimum. But as a civilised society, sometimes we have a duty to enforce change and remove evil.

It's amazing how you continue to ignore the fact that these lunatic strongmen are the leader of choice for the governments of the goodies. You ignore how short a progressive leader's lifespan is in these situations. In your opinion you'd fry toddlers for the acts of their government even though when they did have a democratic, progressive leader (only 50 years ago) he was deposed by the west for trying to improve the Iranian's lot with their oil. I can only presume that your stance on torture and other things like excecuting the mentally handicapped means we should wipe out the US and start again?

You're also using Iran to justify genocide in another region. Which is a bit mental. There's a strong argument that Egypt or Turkey could have just as much impact on a Palestinian state. Shall we level them too?

Your disregard for the lives of others is staggering. Be happy today that you were lucky enough to be born somewhere where your kids won't be turned into meat today in a "precision" attack.

It's amazing how you continue to ignore the fact that these lunatic strongmen are the leader of choice for the governments of the goodies. You ignore how short a progressive leader's lifespan is in these situations. In your opinion you'd fry toddlers for the acts of their government even though when they did have a democratic, progressive leader (only 50 years ago) he was deposed by the west for trying to improve the Iranian's lot with their oil. I can only presume that your stance on torture and other things like excecuting the mentally handicapped means we should wipe out the US and start again?

You're also using Iran to justify genocide in another region. Which is a bit mental. There's a strong argument that Egypt or Turkey could have just as much impact on a Palestinian state. Shall we level them too?

Your disregard for the lives of others is staggering. Be happy today that you were lucky enough to be born somewhere where your kids won't be turned into meat today in a "precision" attack.

Egypt and Turkey aren't supplying them with weapons. Iran are.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sil's doing a fairly decent job at convincing people he's serious when he puts forward this 'kill everybody in the Middle East' thing.

They'd be next on the list

You are struggling with this aren't you?

We arm them. Your logic dictates as trading partners of weapons (Iran and Palestine) we can be judged by their behaviour and levelled, or that they are to be judged by our society and left alone.

Your moral logic and justification makes no sense.

Your ignorance of why despots are more common than representative, progressive leaders, that would give them more progressive cultures, actually seems wilful, as it makes slaughtering civilians easier.

I see that Obama has said today that nobody would tolerate rockets landing on their homes. The people of Yemen and Pakistan are apparently unavailable for comment at this time.