You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iran Accuses US and Israel

VladimirIlyich

Yes, people who despise the actions of the state of Israel all secretly want another holocaust.

That barely even contitutes a thought it's so fucking stupid.

Like I've said before, if the roles were reversed the people you deride would be putting the same vigour into calling out the Arabs. You wouldn't reverse similarly. You're morally and intellectually compromised by that.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, people who despise the actions of the state of Israel all secretly want another holocaust.

That barely even contitutes a thought it's so fucking stupid.

I didn't write that, though, did I?

There is just no nuance in your world Stu. Everything is black and white, good guys and bad guys.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Are you denying that there is a subset of virulent anti-Israelis who want to purge the Jews?

No. But back to the original point... Nobody here wants to purge the Jews - a ridiculous claim people here are anti-Semitic - they want fairness and justice for those oppressed at the hands of the Israeli regime.

Here is a really radical thought - maybe we are dealing with two sets of terrorists.

One set plant bombs in hotels and blows people up the other plants bombs on buses and blows people up.

One set fire rockets into civilian areas and the other fires rockets into civilian areas.

Only one set of terrorists executed British Army soldiers as far as I know.

Only one set of terrorists hijacked planes and ships full of passengers and executed some as far as I know.

One set of terrorists kicked the other set of terrorsits arses.

Necromonger law now applies - you keep what you kill.

The only solution to this is a single state solution where all those within the state have equal rights and equal access to all services and opportunities. As in South Africa there would need to be some heavy duty "truth and reconciliation". But this is very unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

The two state solution will never work because Israel still have what the Palestinians want. All it will be is a new country that they have to kick the shit out of every couple of years. Israel believe (and I think they are right) that they are fighting for the lives of every jewish man woman and child in Israel. The Arabs are fighting because they don't like Jews. If the Israelis ever lose a war I suspect that there would be another holocaust. Different continent same result.

Their hatred of each other is deeply ingrained and dates back to biblical times. Trying to apply modern western reasoning is probably why we just don't "get it".

I've attacked Israel and its Arab neighbours for their conduct. I'm not the one under any illusions that there are safe sides to take in this conflict.

Admittedly, if you offered me the choice of a 2 week holiday in Tehran, Tel Aviv, Aleppo or Riyadh, it would be an easy decision to make.

I've attacked Israel and its Arab neighbours for their conduct. I'm not the one under any illusions that there are safe sides to take in this conflict.

Like I say, I doubt you'd hold the same positions if the roles were reversed. The idea that it's Jews that Dennis has an issue with, and not the actions of certain Jews isn't holding water for me. He generally backs underdogs. I'd put money on him to do the same if it were the Jews being pummelled by the Arabs.

It's not about safe sides. It's about holding power to account. Those with lots of it get asked more questions. Those with lots of it who speak one way and act another get asked a few more.

Admittedly, if you offered me the choice of a 2 week holiday in Tehran, Tel Aviv, Aleppo or Riyadh, it would be an easy decision to make.

mmmmmm

Now this is an interesting proposition. I haven't been to any of these places (although I have been to Saudi). I would actually choose - if rules allow - one week in Tel Aviv and one week in Tehran. Not sure and can't be bothered checking but think that Aleppo is somewhere that is currently having the shit kicked out of it so will pass on that one.