You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Can't be arsed reading the full 65 pages so apologies if it's already been mentioned but how can the FA charge Suarez when the Manc chief executive is an FA board member, surely this is a major conflict of interest in this case in particular?

He would have to abstain on any vote or sit out of any FA board discussion on the subject.

I don't have a lot of time for Sepp Blatter, but I think his misguided comments have taken the spotlight somewhat away from Luis' case.

I don't think he was talking about racism per se, and happen to believe what he said in his apology that he was mainly talking about foul abusive language. The way the bandwagon has rolled on this one has been sickening with football luminaries and dignitaries falling over themselves to see who can be the most outraged.

Anyway, enough on Blatter, but what he said during the apology worried me a bit. When pressed he said that any player found guilty of racism would be out on their ear, banned for life.

Up to now I remain convinced that Suarez is not guilty of racism and that natural justice would take its course after a fair hearing in which evidence would be heard and witnesses called. I can't think that it would be so easy as too expect that the word the Manc players used was Negrito, but he is most likely called "wee man" or something. If he plays well or does something on the pitch to merit praise I could reasonably see his teammates saying "well played wee man" or something. Louis may have heard this and used the Spanish translation of what he has heard.

However, I have no faith in the FA to do the right thing and think that someone is being set up as an example.

The only hope I have against this is that this case involves such high profile clubs and players that the FA will shit out of making a decision.

There are several members of the FA. That has nothing to do with it. Right now there's alot of anger from everywhere without much evidence. Its up to the FA to prove Suarez did racially abuse Evra. They investigated and decided to charge him. that tells me they think they have enough to do him.

Now we just have to wait and see what they have on him before people take sides. i doubt they can just ban him knowing Liverpools lawyers will follow this closely.

This is all completely fair minded. Sadly because you are so insane and blinkered on so many other things, you will be ignored, or vilified. If you are, it’s not because you’re black.

Poyet comes across as an utter tit if you ask me.

"How can you take one mans word over anothers?"

"I believe Suarez."

Don't you think there's a difference between believing somebody as an observer and as somebody directly involved in a trial process?

It's like looking at a criminal trial and going: "I think he's guilty". You and I have the luxury of saying that and it carrying little consequence. If you're in the position to bring charges then your belief carries a totally different weight and needs a different kind of evidence to stand behind it. There is a huge distinction.

Well the official line would probably be he would be very seperate from the investigation and there would be a seperate panel of individuals given the power to decide the outcome of the case bla bla bla...

And we're all supposed to go off on our merry way and believe he'd have no influence on the matter.

Basically, he won't be the one making the decision but he'll no doubt be bending a few ears. To believe he won't at least attempt to swing all this in their favour would be naviety in the extreme.

Absolute bullshit then yeh?!

If the tables were turned though I wonder what whiskey nose would have to say on the subject?

I think this issue needs to brought up in the national press because it stinks.

I won't hold my breath though.

There are several members of the FA. That has nothing to do with it. Right now there's alot of anger from everywhere without much evidence. Its up to the FA to prove Suarez did racially abuse Evra. They investigated and decided to charge him. that tells me they think they have enough to do him.

Now we just have to wait and see what they have on him before people take sides. i doubt they can just ban him knowing Liverpools lawyers will follow this closely.

Ofcourse it's got something to do with it, the fact that he is the alleged victims chief executive and is an active board member of the body who charged Suarez has prejudiced the investigation whether he's part of the panel or not.

As I said before its a clear conflict of interest

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the video just sums up what a lying cheating scumbag Patrice Evra really is. The evidence begins on 1:20

This may be irrelevant to the racist topic, but to me just sums up the cunt

REVEALED: Proof that Evra cannot be trusted over his Suarez allegation? | Liverpool-Kop.com | Liverpool FC News, features, statistics and analysis

Nad whisky cunt has the cheek to say suarez is a diver. Honestly i sit here so frustrated, i would love these type of things to be put to him, and the two incidents when Ashley Young dived like a pure fanny in the same game, but yet there was still no complaints from Liverpool. Angers me. These cunts dont deserve respect

Ofcourse it's got something to do with it, the fact that he is the alleged victims chief executive and is an active board member of the body who charged Suarez has prejudiced the investigation whether he's part of the panel or not.

Problem is mate, he won't have anything to do with the Investigation.

He will be considered very seperate from that.

But we all know how these things go. He will be sticking his oar in somewhere discretely I'd imagine.

In fact it seemed this week the press knew a few days before it was announced that Suarez would be charged. In fairness anyone from the FA could have leaked it.

Do you honestly believe that David Gill sits around a table with the other cockheads, looking at disciplinary files and deciding who to charge over a cup of tea and a packet of hobnobs?

Lots of speculative bollocks flying around about this.

What we know:

- Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks.

- Liverpool and Suarez deny this.

- Man U say the remarks said were "Negrito"

- Suarez gets charged.

Now this seems to me that it is still just Suarez's word against Evra's.

Suarez is innocent until proven guilty and the same should be said for Terry.

Lots of speculative bollocks flying around about this.

What we know:

- Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks.

- Liverpool and Suarez deny this.

- Man U say the remarks said were "Negrito"

- Suarez gets charged.

Now this seems to me that it is still just Suarez's word against Evra's.

Suarez is innocent until proven guilty and the same should be said for Terry.

The only thing with Terry though is hes admitted saying "Black Cunt". He himself admitted that. And the circumstances in which hes claiming he said it is utterly absurd and IMO made up bollox. I dont think anybody would ever ask anyone "Did you think I called you a Black Cunt".

But again his angle is "it was a misunderstanding". Similar to ours.

So I think all thats been said about Terry is, if Suarez has been charged under a misunderstanding then Terry should at least suffer the same fate.

I think fair is fair, the onus has been put on Suarez to proove his innocence in front of the FA and so should Terry.

But alot of people think that isn't going to happen and the FA will go with whatever the Police say. But irregardless of what happens with the Police he should have to answer to the FA if Suarez has also. It would only be fair.

The only thing with Terry though is hes admitted saying "Black Cunt". He himself admitted that. And the circumstances in which hes claiming he said it is utterly absurd and IMO made up bollox. I dont think anybody would ever ask anyone "Did you think I called you a Black Cunt".

But again his angle is "it was a misunderstanding". Similar to ours.

So I think all thats been said about Terry is, if Suarez has been charged under a misunderstanding then Terry should at least suffer the same fate.

I think fair is fair, the onus has been put on Suarez to proove his innocence in front of the FA and so should Terry.

But alot of people think that isn't going to happen and the FA will go with whatever the Police say. But irregardless of what happens with the Police he should have to answer to the FA if Suarez has also. It would only be fair.

I think that Terry should also be presumed innocent until proven guilty however ridiculous his defence sounds, although I have a harder time with it personally because of my dislike for him.

If a police investigation were to find him guilty however, I assume the FA would simply apply the relevant punishment without a hearing.

I think that Terry should also be presumed innocent until proven guilty however ridiculous his defence sounds, although I have a harder time with it personally because of my dislike for him.

If a police investigation were to find him guilty however, I assume the FA would simply apply the relevant punishment without a hearing.

Exactly.

All I want to see done is the same treatment thats been given Suarez. Nothing more nothing less. If the FA haul Terry in front of them and the charge is proven to be false fair enough.

But he at least has to answer for it.

You're citing a Jamie Kanwar article as proof?

The site was obtained from google, its not a website i go on.

The link wasn't posted for people to see the argument, it was posted for people to see the video.

The video is there for all to see. Regardless of who posted the video, the footage shows the type of person who FA are seemingly listening to and beleiveng.

The point i was also trying to get across was that Alex Ferguson is a hypocritical cunt! Taking into consideration the comments ferguson made after the game regarding Suarez. Like i said, it was irrelevant to the topic.

If only he kept his fucking mouth shut.

Another fuck up by this club, can we not just tell Suarez to keep his fucking mouth shut?

Maybe.

But I'm assuming that what he said in the Uruguayan press last week is consistent with whatever he told the FA investigators when they were gathering statements, so he feels he has nothing to hide.

What I'm now worried about is that what new or different evidence will be presented that is not already in FA hands? Thats why I am now leaning towards a big FA show of how they deal with racism as opposed to other associations or indeed FIFA.

Searching 'negrito' on twitter is interesting.

Not a word about Suarez or Evra, then the little media blitz on Monday and there's nothing else.

The Mancs have set the agenda on this, and are now furiously trying to claim that the Hernandez quote is different. Apparently it is a nickname for a mate, and Esparza is not black.

Maybe not but he's fairly dark and this 'nickname' cannot spring from anything other than the colour of his skin.

There'll be little or no chance of getting the likes of Rafael, De Gea or Hernandez to now admit they have called Evra that with affection.

One of the puzzling things in the whole fiasco was Suarez claiming he didn't say anything that United players hadn't said themselves. On the face of it that sounded completely cracked; now, I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure how anyone could claim that using the same word but "in a nasty way, not nice" is a plausible stance.

And if Evra has gone after Suarez for using a term his own colleagues use, his intention to cause trouble from the outset becomes clear.

Have players from other clubs heard this term being used? Be very laborious work asking them all, but given what's at stake.

Searching 'negrito' on twitter is interesting.

Not a word about Suarez or Evra, then the little media blitz on Monday and there's nothing else.

The Mancs have set the agenda on this, and are now furiously trying to claim that the Hernandez quote is different. Apparently it is a nickname for a mate, and Esparza is not black.

Maybe not but he's fairly dark and this 'nickname' cannot spring from anything other than the colour of his skin.

There'll be little or no chance of getting the likes of Rafael, De Gea or Hernandez to now admit they have called Evra that with affection.

One of the puzzling things in the whole fiasco was Suarez claiming he didn't say anything that United players hadn't said themselves. On the face of it that sounded completely cracked; now, I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure how anyone could claim that using the same word but "in a nasty way, not nice" is a plausible stance.

And if Evra has gone after Suarez for using a term his own colleagues use, his intention to cause trouble from the outset becomes clear.

Have players from other clubs heard this term being used? Be very laborious work asking them all, but given what's at stake.

It seemed on the face of it a strange thing for Suarez to say.

Again this is pure speculation but its possible Suarez said it because he heard Hernandez and Co. saying it so he thought it was ok.

I think its very possible the Manc players say it to him and again their whole case is going to come crumbling down if its proven they do.

But they'll probably close ranks now and refuse to admit they do.

Either way the Hernandez article where he called the player "Negrito" will have undermined their argument a fair bit now.

No, it's more like saying "pal" and someone might use it asking you for a light on the street. Also, it's use does not depend on skin colour.