You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I know! I was responding to the suggestion that using black is a prefix is always racist.

It isn't. Funny but I would have expected to read comments along the lines of 'he is in our country now and should therefore abide by our culture' on a right wing forum!

No, you clearly didn't understand the context of my post. If you insult somebody and you use the term black as part of that insult then you are being racist. If you're girlfriend asks you who Didier Drogba is and you say 'a black footballler' you are not being racist though i would question the necessity of revealing his skin colour.

Never mind idiot!

I didn't insult you, so have the decency to do the same. I think you are wrong, and I will say so.

You are wrong.

I apologise for being a little short but I have had this 'debate' on here several times and I am getting slightly pissed off at having to respond to the same nonsense over and over.

Ha! Seriously though, that is the rather obvious point that people like oliver holt are missing. If you call someone a black midget, you are not merely making an observation, you are implying that both things are negative. Which is why calling anyone a black anything IS racist.

No, you clearly didn't understand the context of my post. If you insult somebody and you use the term black as part of that insult then you are being racist. If you're girlfriend asks you who Didier Drogba is and you say 'a black footballler' you are not being racist though i would question the necessity of revealing his skin colour.

I agree with you argumnt regarding use of the word as an pejoritive, which is what I have been saying all day.

But I don't think you explained that in the post I was refering to, the bit in bold is a bit confusing and led me to believe you felt black as a prefix is always racist.

Sorry about that, I should have clarified things first.

I don't agree with you on the use of Negrita, it does have a completely different cultural context, which it looks like the FA have ignored.

I don't agree with you on the use of Negrita, it does have a completely different cultural context, which it looks like the FA have ignored.

If it is a commonly used and accepted term in South America when addressing someone black, there will not be an issue and Suarez will clear his name.

But I have no idea if it is or not.

I agree with you argumnt regarding use of the word as an pejoritive, which is what I have been saying all day.

But I don't think you explained that in the post I was refering to, the bit in bold is a bit confusing and led me to believe you felt black as a prefix is always racist.

Sorry about that, I should have clarified things first.

I meant the use of the word black as part of an insult, apologies if it wasn't clear. The point I was making about Negrita is that it does sound racist, purely for the 'neg' part, and if I was black and someone shouted at me 'Oi, negrita' my initial response would be to get pissed off.

I meant the use of the word black as part of an insult, apologies if it wasn't clear. The point I was making about Negrita is that it does sound racist, purely for the 'neg' part, and if I was black and someone shouted at me 'Oi, negrita' my initial response would be to get pissed off.

That is a cultural response though isn't it? If it was normal in your culture to call people "negrito" meaning "pal" and also to use it independently of skin colour then I assume it wouldn't bother you so much.

And there is the crux of this discussion.

Yeah I can see that, but I would have thought that once you have spoken about it, and discussed it then you realise what was actually said and you realise nothing was meant and simply get on with it.

If, however you are a bit of a thick cunt like Evra you don't!

I am genuinely suprised he has been charged. Which is worrying me as I didn't think they would be so ill informed to do so.

Although I am basing that on him using Negrita, however I don't believe anyone, even a racist would use a genuinely racists word ten times on a football pitch with 22 potential witnesses.

Yeah I can see that, but I would have thought that once you have spoken about it, and discussed it then you realise what was actually said and you realise nothing was meant and simply get on with it.

If, however you are a bit of a thick cunt like Evra you don't!

I am genuinely suprised he has been charged. Which is worrying me as I didn't think they would be so ill informed to do so.

Although I am basing that on him using Negrita, however I don't believe anyone, even a racist would use a genuinely racists word ten times on a football pitch with 22 potential witnesses.

In Europe since he was 19

and this is the first time he's said it/someone has noticed it/someone has taken offence to it or all 3?

I just don't buy it.

Why not?

All the black people I know refer to themselves as black, they also refer to white people as white.

In my opinion comments like the ones you just posted Ant is a result of a society trying too hard to show they are not racists so they have lost the actual meaning of racism along the way and instead of doing something about racism they are now worked up trying to police pretty pathetic and irrelevant stuff like if someone use a certain word or not.

If people used the same time at actually trying to do something with everyday racism as they do discussing matters of no real interest like this one we would have come along way.

Thats a fair point, but the point I was trying to make was that I would never antagonise someone based on the colour of their skin.

Would you?

I can see a big fuck off ban for both Suarez and Terry coming up.

The FA vs FIFA war has started and the FA will make an example of these players.

I can't, I can see the FA being desperate to distance themselves and close the door on the Terry case as soon as possible. Short of a criminal charge and a conviction for Terry they won't get involved.

Given that the level of proof required for a conviction for an FA charge is going to be substantially lower than for criminal proceedings it would be perfectly reasonable for the FA to investigate Terry's conduct once the police investigation and any subsequent charges are concluded irrespective of the outcome. Absolutely no chance.

If I was black and someone called me negrito I would punch first, google second.

Well your a moron, if someone says a word to you that either -

you have never heard before, have no idea as to its meaning and in no way sounds offensive let alone racist.

or you know this word and know its meaning to be a friendly term of endearment.

your first response would be to punch them in the face?

70sv.jpg

Well your a moron, if someone says a word to you that either -

you have never heard before, have no idea as to its meaning and in no way sounds offensive let alone racist.

or you know this word and know its meaning to be a friendly term of endearment.

your first response would be to punch them in the face?

70sv.jpg

Classic.

All these over sensitive, pc people on here, and there are many. Why is it that racism only seems to work 1 way, it's like it's a White trait. You never hear a black person call us White bastards etc? I have, many a time, but we don't take offence by it, soon as black gets mentioned the racism card gets pulled. I worked in a rough part of Brum for

2 years in the mid 90's in a predominantly black building site,and I have to say they were the worse racists I have ever met. I don't like racism in any form, but there's a lot of over sensitive pc correct people on here. What would happen if we had an awards

ceremony just for White music, to rival the MOBO's? I'd imagine there'd be uproar.The racism card gets pulled far too much now, were losing sight of what actually is or isn't racist. Why can't we celebrate our culture instead of worrying about other cultures living in our society? Christmas, Easter etc. Because these people are over sensitive & know that in this ridiculous pc world we live in,that as soon as The racist card is pulled people will have to listen. Pisses me right off, as I say I'm no racist but what I will say is that they use the racism card far too much.

Poyet blasts 'cry baby' Evra after United defender accuses Suarez in race row

Uruguayan legend Gus Poyet has accused Patrice Evra of 'crying like a baby' in the face of alleged racial taunts made by Poyet's countryman Luis Suarez.

The Brighton manager spoke out after Liverpool striker Suarez was charged by the FA with racially abusing Manchester United defender Evra during a game at Anfield last month.

But Poyet, who played for Chelsea and Tottenham, said: 'I believe Luis Suarez, it's simple. I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America. I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone said something to me.

'I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he's been charged. It's really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

Blast: Gus Poyet

'I'm really sad about this charge because it's going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager and if I take it as far as I can he's going to get charged. Why are we going to take one person's word over another's? It's too risky.'

Suarez is likely to receive backing from the Uruguayan embassy in London as he fights the charge, after the FA in his own country asked ambassadors in England to get involved.