You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Guest ShoePiss

Suarez scoring changed the game not Henderson. Once he scored that first goal it gave us confidence that we often lack. Henderson had a decent game though, well apart from being sky boots again...

up to him coming on, the might of Wigan were passing through our midfield with relative ease
Yeah, at times in that first half they were doing exactly what Rodgers wants us to do, though it's a style they've been playing for a while.

Henderson was good today. Might have earned himself a start in the next league game...

Guest San Don
Nobody's denying that he did quite well, merely noting that one swallow does not a summer make.

He didnt do 'quite well.' He did exceptionally well. His linking up, movement and important blocks were a massive contribution to our improved second half performance and win.

I dont know why people feel the need to do down an exceptional performance just because the dog has a bad name.

Yes, he needs to continue doing it and continue to improve but dont say he did just 'quite well.'

Got to be up for the Ballon D'or this year surely.

:D

I must have missed what he was doing to get all this praise. He was decent or better then normal. What's that make it two decent Premiership halves of football this season.

When I watch the game again I'll keep an eye out.

He didnt do 'quite well.' He did exceptionally well. His linking up, movement and important blocks were a massive contribution to our improved second half performance and win.

I dont know why people feel the need to do down an exceptional performance just because the dog has a bad name.

Yes, he needs to continue doing it and continue to improve but dont say he did just 'quite well.'

I thought he did well, but "exceptional" is pushing it.

Granted, it was a big improvement, but since he's been shit on toast for the season and a bit he's been here, that's not hard. I don't see why I should go overboard just because the player has a half decent performance for a change.

I do recall some good interceptions, and I think he actually won a tackle (!) too. Of course, there was also the customary missed sitter.

So shoot me if I don't yet think he looks like a player worth £16,000,000 outlay and £3,000,000 a year.

Guest San Don
I thought he did well, but "exceptional" is pushing it.

Granted, it was a big improvement, but since he's been shit on toast for the season and a bit he's been here, that's not hard. I don't see why I should go overboard just because the player has a half decent performance for a change.

I do recall some good interceptions, and I think he actually won a tackle (!) too. Of course, there was also the customary missed sitter.

So shoot me if I don't yet think he looks like a player worth £16,000,000 outlay and £3,000,000 a year.

No one least of all me is trying to make out he's a £16m player. £3m is 'average' wage at a top club though.

In the context of his input to changing the game, being involved in a couple of the goals and overall contribution, I think he did exceptionally well. If you think he only did quite well then clearly, we'll have to agree to differ. But, even those around me in the ground all commented on his performance today so I dont think doing 'quite well' is how a lot of people see it either.

It's a bit late for him to start putting in performances like this. What has he been doing up to now, coasting? Or is it just that he's not very good and today was an aberration? I think he could play like this quite often, but the important thing is that he won't.

It's a bit late for him to start putting in performances like this. What has he been doing up to now' date=' coasting? Or is it just that he's not very good and today was an aberration? I think he could play like this quite often, but the important thing is that he won't.[/quote']

Been played in his right position may have something to do with it.

He did very well today, but hes more than capable of that.

I've said it before but I think hes just your typical run of the mill journeyman midfielder you'll see move on from club to club as his career progresses.

Always capable of putting in good performances but equally capable of being fairly anonymous.

I think he'll probably go on to have a fairly decent career I just doubt it will be with us.

He could prove all the doubters wrong though and I'd be delighted if he does. In fact I wouldn't even describe myself as a doubter, I've never thought hes shite. I've always just thought hes a decent player who is unlikely to ever be top class.

Every time I see him played in the middle he looks much better. There's a player in there somewhere I'm convinced of it, he's bulked up this season also which has made a difference. He's a solid player. Should be ahead of Sahin.

Everyone should be ahead of Sahin.

I think Henderson will be sold but we would be daft to let him go on the cheap.

Everyone should be ahead of Sahin.

I think Henderson will be sold but we would be daft to let him go on the cheap.

I say keep him through the end of the season at least unless his sale would fund a clearly better purchase.

At this point I don't think we'd get back what we gave for him so unless the value is there in the player we're going to acquire I don't see the point in selling him.

Amusing how so many want to write off an england u-21 captain. He was played too much last season and suffered for it. His weaknesses has mainly been tactical, in decision making. He has got great physique and technique, good attitude and work ethic. Decision making will come with experience.

I actually think we are close to having the best central midfield in the prem: gerrard, allen, hendo, sahin, shelvey, lucas. Does anybody have more strength in depth than we have?

Did very well today. His headless chicken impersonation seemed to get the crowd going as well. Exceptional is pushing it though, and as others have mentioned, when Watson went off, Wigan's play went to pieces. The Suarez goal (and Beausejour/Figueroas immense cock-up) was the catalyst to our performance more than Henderson. Playing against a non-existant midfield under no real pressure suited him well, and he combined well with Allen.

To those claiming he's always played well in his favoured position, please!!! There were countless opportunities for him to shine there last year, but he bottled them completely. Up until today, his best performance for us actually came as a right back!

Did very well today. His headless chicken impersonation seemed to get the crowd going as well. Exceptional is pushing it though' date=' and as others have mentioned, when Watson went off, Wigan's play went to pieces. The Suarez goal (and Beausejour/Figueroas immense cock-up) was the catalyst to our performance more than Henderson. Playing against a non-existant midfield under no real pressure suited him well, and he combined well with Allen.

To those claiming he's always played well in his favoured position, please!!! There were countless opportunities for him to shine there last year, but he bottled them completely. Up until today, his best performance for us actually came as a right back![/quote']

Countless? What games would that be? Like arsenal at home and Chelsea at home, and he played very well there. But let's ignore that should we.