You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Wrong, wrong, wrong and more wrong. All bullshit. You are portraying him as if he's Xabi Alonso or Mascherano or something...fucking hell!

I struggled to think what tactical genius was that by playing him. No sudden energy like you spouted, we did not control the match when he came on 10mins before the half time, he did not changed the game, Enrique and Suarez did. He did not keep possession and he did not help Gerrard nor Allen defensively. Fucking nonsense.

All in all he was a passenger in a team since he came in. Take your lips off his unit a little bit. Schmuck.

Are you, per chance, a grotesquely enormous bell-end?

I still think Henderson needs to get more composed when in possession of the ball.

One example springs to mind in the 2nd half, granted we were 3 up at the time. He received the ball in a tight enough space and just passed it blindly back to Skrtel, nothing came of it but it's the kind of pass that can often be intercepted and then it's a 1 on 1 situation.

He has nice hair though.

Let's not get too carried away.

He did ok. He was brought on to harass the opposition, which he did admirably. He's a decent player, with excellent work-rate. He's also relatively young so can only improve. He lacks the spark that great players like Gerrard and Iniesta have though, which is probably a confidence thing.

Strangely enough, Rodgers is doing the lad a favour by not playing him weekly, as was done last season. He obviously wasn't coping last time around, and should have been handled with more care, but wasn't to his and our detriment. This season, the odd appearance in cups and off the bench, or as a stand in in case of injury, will give him enough game time to rebuild his confidence and self belief. If he keeps working and gains a level of consistency, he could be a very good player not far from now.

Strangely enough, Rodgers is doing the lad a favour by not playing him weekly, as was done last season. He obviously wasn't coping last time around, and should have been handled with more care, but wasn't to his and our detriment. This season, the odd appearance in cups and off the bench, or as a stand in in case of injury, will give him enough game time to rebuild his confidence and self belief. If he keeps working and gains a level of consistency, he could be a very good player not far from now.

Last season Lucas got injured, so we didn't have a massive amount of choice. Funnily enough it's happened again, but no-one seems to have learned from it.

Last season Lucas got injured, so we didn't have a massive amount of choice. Funnily enough it's happened again, but no-one seems to have learned from it.

Aaah yes, memory loss from that abysmal "campaign".

I now do recall intense pressure from fans to purchase a proper defensive mid during January, but due to the amazing form shown by wee Jay, coupled with lack of funds due to splurging on mid tabled shite and/or lack of ambition by owners, we didnt.

Not only did we not learn from it; we decided to repeat the trick by going into the campaign without cover for Suarez. Mind-boggling.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and more wrong. All bullshit. You are portraying him as if he's Xabi Alonso or Mascherano or something...fucking hell!

I struggled to think what tactical genius was that by playing him. No sudden energy like you spouted, we did not control the match when he came on 10mins before the half time, he did not changed the game, Enrique and Suarez did. He did not keep possession and he did not help Gerrard nor Allen defensively. Fucking nonsense.

All in all he was a passenger in a team since he came in. Take your lips off his unit a little bit. Schmuck.

Where have I said anything about Alonso or Mascherano?

I have said he changed the game when he came on, as we did control the last five minutes in the first half when he came on and the second half.

How can you say he didn't give the side energy? Fair enough if you don't rate him, but even his biggest critics must given him that. There was one bit when his pressing was so good, he got the crowd out of their seats applauding him.

He did not keep possession or help Allen / Gerrard defensively?

OK now I know, you clearly won't say anything positive about him, regardless how well he plays.

Give the lad credit where it is due!

I think you wan't to take your lips off your fella's bell end as it seems to be obscuring our view of the game.

Where have I said anything about Alonso or Mascherano?

I have said he changed the game when he came on, as we did control the last five minutes in the first half when he came on and the second half.

How can you say he didn't give the side energy? Fair enough if you don't rate him, but even his biggest critics must given him that. There was one bit when his pressing was so good, he got the crowd out of their seats applauding him.

Yeah, it was. But unfortunately there's a bit more to being a Liverpool player than enthusiastically running after the ball as it's kicked between the opposition players, like a particularly eager - if mentally deficient - 6 month old labrador, which is what "pressing" actually is once you strip all the fucking pseudo-intellectual armchair superfan bollocks away.

And when it comes to making a decision, key pass, or shot, he's as reliable as a spasticated puppy too.

but yeah. Great at "pressing"

Yeah, it was. But unfortunately there's a bit more to being a Liverpool player than enthusiastically running after the ball as it's kicked between the opposition players, like a particularly eager - if mentally deficient - 6 month old labrador, which is what "pressing" actually is once you strip all the fucking pseudo-intellectual armchair superfan bollocks away.

And when it comes to making a decision, key pass, or shot, he's as reliable as a spasticated puppy too.

I agree there is more to being a LFC player than pressing.

But it is an important attribute in the way we want to play under Rodgers. As is keeping the ball and having lots of possession.

He can make key passes, he just hasn't done it enough. Although his game is more about being someone who can enable the side to control a game, not necessarily providing the brilliance to win us them.

But that's fine as part of the team we need different types of players and role. Hamann, Mascherano, Alonso and Allen weren't (or aren't in Allen's case) being judged as match winners either.

You really are a fucking goon aren't you; you know literally nothing about football. Like nothing.

You act like some philosopher of the sport, but deep down you just recycle shit you read elsewhere. The stupid fucking nicknames you gave Henderson last season just about summed your life up - worthless and utterly pointless.

People like you are the reason contraception exists.

No doubt he done ok when he came on but we can't get carried away.

He will start on Thursday so lets see how he gets on. More of the same would do him no harm

I think he's benefitted from not playing regularly, as have the side. He must now realise he can't fuck about with his shitbag mentality.

He has to face the opposition and pass through them, always be available and not go missing for spells as he has in 90% of his games with us.

Still doubtful he has a future with us but would love to be proved wrong.

his confidence is getting better, he wants the ball more and isn't scared to try a few things. we should keep hold of him a bit longer, i think rodgers could get the best out of him. he still has potential to be very good and gerrard would do well taking him under his wing a bit.

You act like some philosopher of the sport, but deep down you just recycle shit you read elsewhere. The stupid fucking nicknames you gave Henderson last season just about summed your life up - worthless and utterly pointless.

People like you are the reason contraception exists.

Ouch(6)

Weird one with this lad, can be prone to some really good play and then in another game can't even make the simplest of passes. For me he's someone who I think is worth putting the time into to develop as I think there is a half decent consistent footballer in there, somewhere. Question is, is whether he has the right mentality to focus on developing his game. His situation is quite similar to Lucas' and look how he turned it around.

Maddest thing I found about him - was that the club website used to(may still do) run a skills comp between the players, consisting of keep ups, a cross bar challenge and something else and he was unbeatable by all accounts. Go figure eh.

Weird one with this lad, can be prone to some really good play and then in another game can't even make the simplest of passes. For me he's someone who I think is worth putting the time into to develop as I think there is a half decent consistent footballer in there, somewhere. Question is, is whether he has the right mentality to focus on developing his game. His situation is quite similar to Lucas' and look how he turned it around.

Maddest thing I found about him - was that the club website used to(may still do) run a skills comp between the players, consisting of keep ups, a cross bar challenge and something else and he was unbeatable by all accounts. Go figure eh.

His always had the technical ability, so not surprised he comes on top in these challenges. It's whether his head is strong enough and in the right place, as well as marrying all that ability on the pitch where it matters. If he has the attitude and determination like Lucas, I think he can go far.

Henderson has usually played like the 15 year old's first game on his dad's 11-a-side team.

I like him, and it looks like he's able to tear himself away from the mirror a little easier these days as well. Not sure he'll make it with us though. I think he needs to be treated by Paul McKenna.

Look at the eyes, not the nose, look at the eyes...