You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just read a few comments of a negative nature about Henderson.

I hope these people recorded the game. Have another look. He was great today (for me only Kelly was better). He moved the ball on quickly at the right times, and he looked steady and controlled when we needed to retain possession.

I raised an eyebrow like everybody else when he signed. I thought he was cautious last week. I suppose it was understandable, but still he wasn't moving the ball forward enough. But he played well today.

We were the better team today, regardless of their problems. Lack of discipline and lack of squad depth are down to their manager, of course.

We controlled the midfield, our defence looked mostly assured (Agger jumped in once that I remember), and the only down point was not having enough players near Carroll in that last third.

I raved when we bought Downing and again he was excellent.

We pressed them high up the pitch, especially in the first half and well deserved our win.

And for the record, Henderson played well. Have another look.

You make some valid points, especially regarding downing, to echo rat face on sky, he is exactly what was needed. i just don't see it regarding henderson. We have bought him on potential and at present he is not the best in his position and therefore he should sit out for a bit, he is still young granted.

Enrique is looking like a belting purchase after that match

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll seems not to jump for the ball on many occasions is what I noticed about him lately.

I mean, you're a tall fucker alright but not so much that you can win headers while staying firmly on the ground.

He's not playing as well as he did at Newcastle, and I'd start Kuyt ahead of him for Saturday.

You'd start Kuyt, despite him stinking the place up far more than Andy today? I'd start neither, Luis is well capable of playing on his own up there.

Fantastic result today.

Enrique,kelly and downing were superb,good to see agger coming out of defence with the ball,hope he stays fit!

Downings passing is quality,love the way he passes the ball with great pace.

So many options in the squad now,it will be interesting to see

Kennys selection for the bolton game.

I would be tempted to play johnson on the right wing for that game.

Happy days, were only gonna get better,

Gerrard,maxi,merieles also coming back into the team at some point

That's the worst Americanism on this forum. It's fucking shite.

Need to be bitchy about something, otherwise you feel small

Forum could really do with a whopper cull right now. Way too many blatant trolls/WUMs/dickheads.

Yup, isnt much better on the MF either

I for one feel fairly positive about where we are going, some people don't and disagree with some of our signings, tactics etc....

Not everyone who disagrees is a wum or a dickhead. There are alot of lads on these days that are quite negative who have been jumped on a fair bit without them actually having said much wrong.

There are also wums who come out with shite like "Andy Carroll is lazy, Downing is shite" etc...

What tends to happen here though is they all get tarred with the same brush.

arsenal13.jpg

arsenal10.jpg

arsenal11.jpg

arsenal9.jpg

Luis is clearly very popular at the club:

Last week (v Sunderland) maybe I was being a wee bit romantic with Luis.

And Marina isn't too fond of it.

No tea and biscuits tonight! I was in Texas baby sitting twins and he was romancing Suarez! See kennys after match comments!

Pretty sure Agger would make a better centre-forward than Carroll. What does Andy offer exactly? Can't get between the lines, can't run behind defenders, can't pass and has a ghastly touch. He doesn't even seem to work to get on the end of crosses.

We're a midtable side with him, a top 4 side without. Simple equation for Kenny, really. More relieved than happy with the result, we should have been much better.

Watching the highlights there are real hints of what could be to come for us this season, I think. When it finally clicks I think we will be quality.

Yip, the frame of what Kenny & co are doing is there ,just need match fitness and players to get to know each other better and we'll be a real quality side.Exciting times ahead

Carroll does not suit the style of play we are trying to get back to, he is the easy option for carra et al, to just punt it to when there is nothing else on. Although that may say more to do with the midfield not making themselves available for the short pass, alonsoesque if you will.

Carroll is not mobile enough, and when the ball is played to his feet he is slow on the turn (to date anyway) and slows the attack up, (kuyt was similar today) which is not conducive to pass and move football.

I would rather have crouch despite him being inferior in the air as he had better feet, it is called football after all.

Yes, i got slated last week for implying he doesnt give a fuck. Maybe i was a bit harsh but it does appear that way, even if it isnt true. The swinging pony tail makes him kinda lazy, but seriously, he looks short of a yard or 3 and very immobile. Im not sure whats going on there but at this point in time he doesnt look good. He gives up so easily and just looks like he's jogging all the time...very odd.

Regarding our 1st goal being 'offside', Meireles ball through cut out by Miquel, Suarez no touch at all so not offside surely?

Yup, thought exactly the same. So I reckon we're right!

As for the game, I can't go through 37 pages of waffle, so here's my synopsis...

Our left side is as good as anything in the league. The two lads have been masterful signings, and they're gonna be boss for years.

Suarez is the best forward in the league. Fucking brilliant.

Great to have Kelly back. Flanagan is obviously a good little player, but Kelly has the edge for me. Pity he didn't score...that thing was fucking moving!

Excellent overall performance. Would start Andy again on Tuesday to try get him off the mark.

As for Arsenal, they were very ordinary. I'd like to think if we were missing that many players, our youngsters would come in and show a but more bottle than that. How far has Arshavin fallen? And Chamakh must be gone to the dogs altogether if Bender is getting on before him. There was something else too. Oh yeah, Frimpong is a cunt. Shoulda been a straight red. No doubt Wenger didn't see it!

As an aside, did anyone else see Raul sticking his middle finger up at someone (assuming the bench) after he setup Luis? Lucas joined the celebrations, and pushed his hand down. It didn't show it on Sky's highlights just there, but I defo saw it live.

Yes, i got slated last week for implying he doesnt give a fuck. Maybe i was a bit harsh but it does appear that way, even if it isnt true. The swinging pony tail makes him kinda lazy, but seriously, he looks short of a yard or 3 and very immobile. Im not sure whats going on there but at this point in time he doesnt look good. He gives up so easily and just looks like he's jogging all the time...very odd.

Oh do fuck off and open your eyes. Carroll was trying to get involed today even coming back into midfield to pick up the ball. The problem is link up play between carroll and the midfield is'nt quite right yet.

As an aside, did anyone else see Raul sticking his middle finger up at someone (assuming the bench) after he setup Luis? Lucas joined the celebrations, and pushed his hand down. It didn't show it on Sky's highlights just there, but I defo saw it live.

Apparently Lucas got the finger from Frimpong after getting sent off and Raul was having a laugh about it to Lucas.

Carroll has had some harsh stick too, Vermaelen's no slouch when it comes to defending. No one seems to remember he scored in our first game either but it was wrongly ruled offside. Give the guy some time.