You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread needs more

dance-it-up.gif

I reckon it needs more :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

fuko-fucking.gif

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

boobs_drop.gif

1272901628817.gif

bigger.gif

tumblr_lojlt7LlFy1qefm89o1_500.gif

Yes I was at the game last year. Thanks for what? Finding a nob as big as you on the forum?

So another forum cunt crawls out of the wood work. Get rid of one in Jon Snow and in comes another in the the guise of this fucking mong.

Err... You've watched Henderson move the ball around and you DON'T see what Comolli/Dalglish see in him? Right... Well that nullifies the emboldened part.

I don't even have to argue!

I'm afraid I'll have to tar you with his brush, as you don't see the potential in those two.

Carroll does not suit the style of play we are trying to get back to, he is the easy option for carra et al, to just punt it to when there is nothing else on. Although that may say more to do with the midfield not making themselves available for the short pass, alonsoesque if you will.

Carroll is not mobile enough, and when the ball is played to his feet he is slow on the turn (to date anyway) and slows the attack up, (kuyt was similar today) which is not conducive to pass and move football.

I would rather have crouch despite him being inferior in the air as he had better feet, it is called football after all.

It is clear that Henderson may be one for the future (possibley gerrards long term replacement if possible, which i am sceptical) but at present standing he is not even our 6th best centre mid and therefore shouldn't be starting.

The fact remains that, that was a poor arsenal side which we managed to beat, but if we play like that away to any of the other top 6 sides we will get murdered as we did not have any cut & thrust until raul & luis came on.

Cheers for the negging !

Edited by md1892
neggarific

Enrique was very good today. Never looked out of position or caught for pace against Walcott. That run he made in the first half was brilliant and his passing was very good.

Downing also continued his good form. Seems a very consistent player. Our left side looks very good now and such a change from Konchesky and Cole.

A lad I work with is a Villa fan, goes to most of their home games and is a decent football supporter overall. He reckons we got the better of the Young/Downing transfers. He believes Young goes missing alot during games, especially if things are not going his way but said Downings head never drops even if he is having a bad game and noted he always looks for the ball, never hides when things are going against him.

I have to say, he has impressed me so far and think he will be a decent signing for us. Over the moon with todays result I have to say. Hopefully Suarez is back to full fitness for Bolton next week. No need for him to be in any way involved in the game v Exeter.

A great result for us even if it was a weakened Arsenal.

I thought we played quite well at times and not so well at others but we`re very much a work in progress so we still need some time to gel.

I`ll go against the grain here and say I thought Henderson was pretty good. He`s composed in possession and moves the ball well. A big improvement from last week, he looks a proper pass and move footballer to me. Deffo one with a big future.

Kuyt on the other hand is a liability with the ball at his feet, constantly putting us under pressure with his poor passing. There`s no place for him in a pass and move team and the same can be said of Carroll, I`ve yet to see anything in his game that can be of benefit to the team.

I thought we played quite well at times and not so well at others but we`re very much a work in progress so we still need some time to gel.

I`ll go against the grain here and say I thought Henderson was pretty good. He`s composed in possession and moves the ball well. A big improvement from last week, he looks a proper pass and move footballer to me. Deffo one with a big future.

Kuyt on the other hand is a liability with the ball at his feet, constantly putting us under pressure with his poor passing. There`s no place for him in a pass and move team and the same can be said of Carroll, I`ve yet to see anything in his game that can be of benefit to the team.

I'd ply kuyt upfront with luis, he proved last year he has the poachers instinct and the work ethic, he aint great out wide tho

I think the criticism of Carroll is a bit harsh at this point. Despite his size, I don't think he has ever been a hold-up player as such which is how we are playing him.

At Newcastle he had players like Nolan getting in & around him, but we have left him far too isolated ( His main support today was presumably Henderson ). I want to see him in a few home games where we are on top & getting Suarez & others into the box for him to work with before I start worrying about his purchase.

He does need to be less flat-footed however when the ball is coming into the box & he must be informed that the rules allow him to get in front of his defender.

On the game, basically patchy performance/great result. Dirk had one of his ' kitten chasing a balloon ' days.

Carroll seems not to jump for the ball on many occasions is what I noticed about him lately.

I mean, you're a tall fucker alright but not so much that you can win headers while staying firmly on the ground.

He's not playing as well as he did at Newcastle, and I'd start Kuyt ahead of him for Saturday.

Kuyt should never ever be played wide again. Offers very little if anything in an attacking sense. If he plays, he should be played were he can be of use to the team, and that's up front.

I think the criticism of Carroll is a bit harsh at this point. Despite his size, I don't think he has ever been a hold-up player as such which is how we are playing him.

At Newcastle he had players like Nolan getting in & around him, but we have left him far too isolated ( His main support today was presumably Henderson ). I want to see him in a few home games where we are on top & getting Suarez & others into the box for him to work with before I start worrying about his purchase.

He does need to be less flat-footed however when the ball is coming into the box & he must be informed that the rules allow him to get in front of his defender.

On the game, basically patchy performance/great result. Dirk had one of his ' kitten chasing a balloon ' days.

one of those days when you wonder how he's even made it to this level. Other times he's awesome. I wish people would stop going on about how much carroll cost (I know you haven't). Robinho cost 32m and he's already better than him.

Football has long had the habit of preying on those down in the dumps. Everything seemed to go against us when we were stuck with those two parasitical leeches, and at the moment everything seems to be going against Arsenal, especially with that comedy gold own goal today.

Not that I give a toss, it's about time we had some luck. I thought it was going to be one of those days when I saw the team and I significantly questioned why Suarez was benched, because Arsenal were there for the absolute taking today and I was desperate for him to play. Fair play Kenny, you got that spot on. Same went for Raul, but he is probably short of fitness. I was also pleased to see Kuyt hauled off, because it wasn't one of his better performances. The right changes at the right time.

I was also getting concerned when Mr Atkinson failed to send The World's Craziest Fools with Mr T off. He should have been booked inside of 90 seconds when he scythed Agger down, but got away with it, and then of course he blocked the quick throw in which is of course an automatic yellow. He eventually got his, but he should have been off an hour earlier than he was.

Arsenal started and ended the first half brightly, but Reina had little to do and we grew into the game. Our ball retention was poor at times and needs improvement, but we looked just as, if not more likely to score as they did. Lucas had his moments where he gave the ball away but was excellent second half.

For me though the back four were absolutely brilliant all game. They never even give away half chances. Enrique was given MOTM but it could realistically have been any of them, they were all huge. That was very encouraging after a ragged pre-season and not looking too hot last week.

We took our chances when they came our way, although the first was obviously an own goal. Suarez was NOT offside for either goal, let's nip Wenger's conspiracy theories in the bud straight away. The first one was close, granted, but he was level. We still need some work in the final third, but Suarez isn't at full fitness, he's not had a pre-season at all really. He's 2 from 2, so something is being done right. We still need to bring one or two in, but we've done well today, screw them and their problems, like I said, it's about time we got some luck.

First of all congratulation on the win. You deserved it and was the better team. we are going through serious problems and catched us at the right time. We have both our left backs in Gibbs and Traore injured. 3 CBs injured in Djourou, Koscielny and Squillaci. Song suspended, Rosicky, Diaby and Wilshere also injured and Gervinho suspended. Having said all that it was the sending off that changed the game and won you the game.

I like Liverpool alot and always prefer you guys to win the league if we dont, having said that dont get carried away as Liverpool looked slightly better than the worst Arsenal team i have seen in 15 years.

Sorry thats a kop out - I remember a certain previous LFC manager being cut no slack whatsoever when an enforced down sizing of playing staff, a bad run of injuries and luck (including freak beach ball goals, goals that shouldnt have been disallowed etc etc etc) ultimately led to us being knocked out of the top 4.

I predict flashbacks to 80's Wimbeldon today, for those who were alive to see that particular abomination of football.

Cunt

Henderson is a complete waste of money.

Anonymous.

Adam is a lazy cunt.

Cunt

What like Parker. Who is an obvious steal at 4 mill. A fraction of what Henderson cost.

This is because Adam and Henderson are shyte as stated.

Theyre not great at anything. Its not hard.

Tosser.

Cunt

Im very impressed. We beat Arsenal with 8 men.

Ace.

You're a fucking cunt.

Football has long had the habit of preying on those down in the dumps. Everything seemed to go against us when we were stuck with those two parasitical leeches, and at the moment everything seems to be going against Arsenal, especially with that comedy gold own goal today.

Not that I give a toss, it's about time we had some luck. I thought it was going to be one of those days when I saw the team and I significantly questioned why Suarez was benched, because Arsenal were there for the absolute taking today and I was desperate for him to play. Fair play Kenny, you got that spot on. Same went for Raul, but he is probably short of fitness. I was also pleased to see Kuyt hauled off, because it wasn't one of his better performances. The right changes at the right time.

I was also getting concerned when Mr Atkinson failed to send The World's Craziest Fools with Mr T off. He should have been booked inside of 90 seconds when he scythed Agger down, but got away with it, and then of course he blocked the quick throw in which is of course an automatic yellow. He eventually got his, but he should have been off an hour earlier than he was.

Arsenal started and ended the first half brightly, but Reina had little to do and we grew into the game. Our ball retention was poor at times and needs improvement, but we looked just as, if not more likely to score as they did. Lucas had his moments where he gave the ball away but was excellent second half.

For me though the back four were absolutely brilliant all game. They never even give away half chances. Enrique was given MOTM but it could realistically have been any of them, they were all huge. That was very encouraging after a ragged pre-season and not looking too hot last week.

We took our chances when they came our way, although the first was obviously an own goal. Suarez was NOT offside for either goal, let's nip Wenger's conspiracy theories in the bud straight away. The first one was close, granted, but he was level. We still need some work in the final third, but Suarez isn't at full fitness, he's not had a pre-season at all really. He's 2 from 2, so something is being done right. We still need to bring one or two in, but we've done well today, screw them and their problems, like I said, it's about time we got some luck.

Amen to that.

Just read a few comments of a negative nature about Henderson.

I hope these people recorded the game. Have another look. He was great today (for me only Kelly was better). He moved the ball on quickly at the right times, and he looked steady and controlled when we needed to retain possession.

I raised an eyebrow like everybody else when he signed. I thought he was cautious last week. I suppose it was understandable, but still he wasn't moving the ball forward enough. But he played well today.

We were the better team today, regardless of their problems. Lack of discipline and lack of squad depth are down to their manager, of course.

We controlled the midfield, our defence looked mostly assured (Agger jumped in once that I remember), and the only down point was not having enough players near Carroll in that last third.

I raved when we bought Downing and again he was excellent.

We pressed them high up the pitch, especially in the first half and well deserved our win.

And for the record, Henderson played well. Have another look.

Henderson is a rough diamond as they say. Hes got all the attributes to be a top player. The only way to do that is play the lad. There will be games he will look gash along the way but I think he'll eventually become a great player.

How great is up to him ultimately but he has the potential.